How pissed would you be?

Original

I read doctor's advised Brian to stop touring or he would go deaf? Is this true?

Can't he wear ear plugs to stop this from happening or is his hearing too far gone?

I know the bands from the 60's and 70's never wore ear plugs. Pete Townsend from The Who hears constant ringing in his ears. That has to suck.

Hopefully, there's something Brian can do to continue touring. I mean he's been AC/DC's singer forever and to have someone new now would suck.

14 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I read doctor's advised Brian to stop touring or he would go deaf? Is this true?

Can't he wear ear plugs to stop this from happening or is his hearing too far gone?

I know the bands from the 60's and 70's never wore ear plugs. Pete Townsend from The Who hears constant ringing in his ears. That has to suck.

Hopefully, there's something Brian can do to continue touring. I mean he's been AC/DC's singer forever and to have someone new now would suck.

He severely damaged an ear drum in his left ear a few years ago while racing (his favourite non-AC/DC past time is auto racing). He's more or less completely deaf in that ear. I think he mentioned that he forgot to wear ear protection under his helmet - a careless one-time error. His right ear, now the dominant one, is probably like sacred ground as a result. He uses in-ear monitors live and has been since at least 1990 which are proven to be better for you ears than traditional stage front  monitors, but maybe it's still too much.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2016 at 5:39 AM, -W.A.R- said:

to be fair you could have said that about AC/DC without Bon but i get your point

too late in the game to get a new singer now

... said everyone in 1980 until Back in Black came out. Brian is the singer of AC/DC, just as much as Bon was. The guy earned his place a long time ago. 

Rock Or Bust was more or less a rally around Malcolm to carry on. Before that I thought they were just going to do a summer tour, and that was going to be it.

If Brian is out, the band will make an announcement, but i think the backlash would be too big. Odds are they'll reschedule months down the road the same way The Who had to.