How pissed would you be?

Original

This might be wrong section but -maybe we shouldn't worry so much about potentially no Izzy -.    ACDC may use a "guest singer" in Brian Johnson's absence.   WTF.    The band intend to make up the shows "likely with a guest vocalist,"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ac-dc-reschedule-10-shows-due-to-injury-20160307#ixzz42H3L8Jk5 

49 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

WTF. 

wow, ACDC, just refund people their money, have more dignity than that. It's not like they need the money, they've played stadiums consistently for the last 20 years.

It could be that, you know, the band is locked into contracts with the venues and they could face serious lawsuits if they pulled out.

16 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

It could be that, you know, the band is locked into contracts with the venues and they could face serious lawsuits if they pulled out.

I know this is a GNR forum, but not everything ends in lawsuits. A refund of the money would be the thing. AC/DC could afford to pay a small cancellation fee if needed without it even making AC/DC flinch.

There are usually clauses in contracts that address extenuating circumstances or insurance that covers situations like this, where a prominent band member is out of action due to illness beyond his or her control. There have been plenty of times that bands or artists have had to cancel tours or parts of tours because someone in the band has been sick or has had an extreme personal situation. Aerosmith, Madonna, Adele, Motley Crue, Duran Duran...plenty of top bands have ended up cancelling shows because someone's been sick or injured. It's not the same as someone just deciding to fuck off and not show up to the gig that night and it's not handled the same way.

Edited by stella

Without it's trademarking vocals since back in Black and stuff how legitimate is AC/DC now? No Phill no malcolm no Brian? Man how would ACDC sound without him? Unimaginable in my eyes... Gives axl a chance to perform Whole lotta Rosie and Riff Raff again this time with someone who wrote the songs tho :P

2 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

I know this is a GNR forum, but not everything ends in lawsuits. A refund of the money would be the thing. AC/DC could afford to pay a small cancellation fee if needed without it even making AC/DC flinch.

Well yeah you could always get a refund for your ticket if you don't want to see a guest singer. No one's forcing you to go.

10 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

Well yeah you could always get a refund for your ticket if you don't want to see a guest singer. No one's forcing you to go.

Bingo. I think everyone here missed the part where it says that people can get refunds. Whenever shows are postponed, Ticketmaster or whoever always seems to give two options - refund, or hold on to tickets for a future date. Such is true here. Anyone who wants nothing to do with this "guest singer" nonsense is welcome to get a refund.

We're talking about it more over in the AC/DC thread. I will be very curious what Angus himself says about all this. I guess the band found out extremely last minute - the trucks were already in Atlanta loading in gear to prep for what would have been tonight's show. It's another fatal blow to the band and I imagine Brian feels terrible - not that it's his fault but I know he'd be the last one wanting to leave them hanging.

The press release appears very rushed because there's no mention of the European shows. Likely those will be canceled/postponed as well. Hopefully Angus addresses the singer thing shortly. I'm all for a couple one/off "farewell shows" with rotating big name guest singers but then it's time to retire. Angus and the boys can carry on under a different name.