Gilby Clarke interview regarding reunion

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Lol. The way people DON'T think on this forum never ceases to amaze me. The whole notion that fans tend to fliflop on opinions in relation to band members and ex-members, is a fallacy born from a desire to simplify everything down to a state where it loses all detail and realism and where the fan bases is reduced to "us" and "them". Take the Pitman episode. Many fans have said they liked him before his Facebook outburst, OTHER fans came out and expressed they didn't like him aftar that episode. Very few actually flipflipped, and of those that did it, this was probably due to them actually learning more about him which affected their views negativelly. Of course, this is way too complicated for some here...

Luckily we have you to educate the rest of us. Not only on what is fact. But to let us know if we are forming our opinions correctly. 

The arrogance.......just hilarious to watch. 

Thank you Soul. Without you, how would this forum function!!!! Thank you for educating all of us. 

Smh

Now I'm off to take the kids and puppy to the playground and enjoy the sunny day. Retired life is fun.  You continue to educate the poor fools on here who need GnR and life educations!!' How dare those savages have a different opinion than you. Good day and good luck. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

Neil Young has toured and recorded with dozens of different configurations.

But as Neil Young. ''Neil Young with/and _______ (Crazy Horse/Stray Gaters/Blue Notes/Shocking Pinks, etc)''. Guns are/were an integrated band, not an appendage to a solo artist. And even in Neil's circumstances, that appendage remains fairly constant with the obvious exception of Sampedro replacing Whitten following the latter's demise. Neil actually says that Springfield collapsed because of the sacking of Bruce Palmer; he says ''it just wasn't the same'' when Palmer left. 

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Which is an argument for why Richard shouldn't be replaced by Gilby now.

Are you saying that despite the re-recruitment of Slash and Duff, Nugnr still continues? There has been an obvious reversal in time here, an obvious extinction of Nugnr, a wholly faulty enterprise, an exercise in hubris and ego!

Who hates Gilby? If anyone in this thread has expressed disdain for anyone and anything it is people who are against nuGuns and Richard.

Somebody (not you) called him a 'bellend'; he has been called a ''hack''; his musical ability and songwriting has been disparaged - where do you begin?

technically complex of later days

Excuse me?

but also play addtional things

Nobody wants this!! All of these people returning to the fold, aggrandising Nugnr's paltry Vegas crowds, turning up on mygnr, want Slash and a recreation of the old band dynamic (which is essentially Slash with a low key Stonesy geezer complimenting Slash) Nobody wants ''additional things'' from the second guitarist. Nobody wants to see that guitarist show 'technique', or complex picking. And they don't want Chinese Democracy - that is one thing they don't want. Only Axl nerds want this and they are the type of people who would have attended those shows in April if it was under Nugnr regardless. The people returning want 1987-93.

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

But as Neil Young. ''Neil Young with/and _______ (Crazy Horse/Stray Gaters/Blue Notes/Shocking Pinks, etc)''. Guns are/were an integrated band, not an appendage to a solo artist. And even in Neil's circumstances, that appendage remains fairly constant with the obvious exception of Sampedro replacing Whitten following the latter's demise. Neil actually says that Springfield collapsed because of the sacking of Bruce Palmer; he says ''it just wasn't the same'' when Palmer left. 

Are you saying that despite the re-recruitment of Slash and Duff, Nugnr still continues? There has been an obvious reversal in time here, an obvious extinction of Nugnr, a wholly faulty enterprise, an exercise in hubris and ego!

Somebody (not you) called him a 'bellend'; he has been called a ''hack''; his musical ability and songwriting has been disparaged - where do you begin?

Excuse me?

Nobody wants this!! All of these people returning to the fold, aggrandising Nugnr's paltry Vegas crowds, turning up on mygnr, want Slash and a recreation of the old band dynamic (which is essentially Slash with a low key Stonesy geezer complimenting Slash) Nobody wants ''additional things'' from the second guitarist. Nobody wants to see that guitarist show 'technique', or complex picking. And they don't want Chinese Democracy - that is one thing they don't want. Only Axl nerds want this and they are the type of people who would have attended those shows in April if it was under Nugnr regardless. The people returning want 1987-93.

To be deadly honest what I want is 1994-2000....It fits nicely into both my schedule and pocketbook.

Much like Axl, Jesus went into exile for seven years and those years were my favorite years in their long, storied careers.

Edited by Mr. Dude