Why Doesn't GN'R Do Photoshoots Anymore???

99.7 % of Guns N' Roses band photos are of the original 5.  And for good reason.  They are the only 5 members who signed to Geffen AS Guns N' Roses.  Anyone who came after them were simply employees.  Hired musicians to do a job.  Then there's the fact that most of them either looked like freaks or are not very cool looking middle aged men.  As much as Axl is an artist, he's also a  very good businessman.   He knew what he was doing.  

• Like 1

New question why does Slash wear his top hat continuously now??? It's cool and all everyone loves Slash in a top hat but jesus. He should come out with his hair swinging in his face then put on the top hat for the encore or just a little bit later in the show. IDK everyone loves the top hat but it kinda is ridiculous to wear it non stop, not even taking it off for one song or walking into the venue.

Edit: Right after posting I saw the new pics where he was at the gig wearing just a normal ball cap but still.

Edited by StoneTempleRoses
New Pics

8 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

New question why does Slash wear his top hat continuously now??? It's cool and all everyone loves Slash in a top hat but jesus. He should come out with his hair swinging in his face then put on the top hat for the encore or just a little bit later in the show. IDK everyone loves the top hat but it kinda is ridiculous to wear it non stop, not even taking it off for one song or walking into the venue.

Edit: Right after posting I saw the new pics where he was at the gig wearing just a normal ball cap but still.

I haven't asked him but it's probably because he's really getting thin up top and losing his hair.

16 hours ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

It's attached to the wig.

I'd love to see a new band photo. However, is it even worth it for established bands to do photo shoots anymore? In 1988 if Guns N' Roses did a photo shoot those pictures would be published in lots and lots of magazines like Metal Edge and Hit Parader that showcased those images; these days those outlets don't exist the same way. So it's an investment that doesn't have the same return it used to have. They can just put their own photographers in the pit at a concert or take good candid photos, which is what most bands seem to do now. Thousands of other people, including lots of pros, take photos at every concert and put those pictures online -- that didn't happen 20 years ago and it has a larger reach than the Metal Edges and Circuses ever could have had. There are thousands of AfD, UYI, VR and NuGuns photos already floating around.

And if a big magazine like Rolling Stone or Vogue wants them on the cover, well, that magazine will front the costs and set it up. They get all the free publicity in the world from all of those images without lifting a finger or spending their own time and money on new photo sessions.

Edited by stella