Is Frank drumming Brownstone in the classic pattern now?

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

He rushed exact same songs during both nights at exact same speed. That's not a mistake for sure. Why doesn't he rush Coma but rushes Rocket Queen on both nights? Because that's the way they rehearsed it 

Now this may be true, but the tempo is set by the drummer regardless if it was rehearsed that way or not.

you may be right they rehearsed it this way (but I wasn't at rehearsals to know this, were you?)..or he's rushing some songs a bit.  

I do get your point that maybe we shouldn't blame frank as the songs may have been rehearsed at that pace.  

10 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Frank's the fucking drummer dude , no offense but the drummer actually dictates the tempo, that's why they are called the timekeeper.

He has a click track in his ear, guaranteed. He's keeping time for the rest of the guys, but he has a tempo track in his ear making sure his tempo lines up with the lights, the videos, and the pyro.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Now this may be true, but the tempo is set by the drummer regardless if it was rehearsed that way or not.

you may be right they rehearsed it this way (but I wasn't at rehearsals to know this, were you?)..or he's rushing some songs a bit.  

I do get your point that maybe we shouldn't blame frank as the songs may have been rehearsed at that pace.  

you don t need to be at rehearsal to understand how it works.

Frank has an in ear peace with a metronome click to sync the songs with lightning, screens, backing tracks, etc.

It was rehearsaled that way and i doubt it was Frank s decision to rush some songs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

you don t need to be at rehearsal to understand how it works.

Frank has an in ear peace with a metronome click to sync the songs with lightning, screens, backing tracks, etc.

It was rehearsaled that way and i doubt it was Frank s decision to rush some songs.

If the show is completely timecoded correct.  

12 hours ago, TeeJay410 said:

Can I be honest? I've never heard how he played it incorrectly. Can someone show me a side by side comparison of how it ought to be and an example where Frank plays it incorrectly?

As far as Frank's tempo, that's not really up to Frank. See that earpiece? It isn't just a monitor. It has a click track in it. If Axl's 30 year career has taught us nothing, it's that the way songs will be played will not be dictated by the drummer.

I'll try to give a quick musical explanation.

Adler plays, more or less, steady sixteenth notes on the floor tom while accenting the syncopated rhythms with the bass drum and a snare stroke on the fourth beat.

Frank/Brain kept a steady four count on the bass drum while doing the syncopated rhythms across all the toms. The steady four count was enough to give it an entirely different feel, and using the different toms for the accents gave it a more tribal sound. Frank would embellish that even more with some extra rolls.

Frank has now reverted to playing it the original way.

25 minutes ago, strdlin said:

Here is how he played it before (terrible).

http://youtu.be/wAIQTPDzIME

Here is how he played it in Vegas. More or less like the original.

Still sounds a bit fast like a lot of the other shit but definitely a noticeable improvement.. Credit where credit is due. Now he really needs to throw Rocket Queen in the trash and start over from scratch, because that is a hot mess from beginning to end.