This I Love - Who?

Braxon Raine

Did a quick search and couldn't find an answer.  Who is This I Love written about?  Erin?  Stephanie?  Someone else?  Is there any interviews or evidence out there?  I assume it's left up to ones imagination but I was just curious.  

False.   Don't believe every bullshit blogger on the internet.

This I Love was not inspired by the break up with Stephanie Seymour since it was written in 92-93 while the band was on the UYI tour, and while they were STILL DATING.

Was it about her?  Who knows.  But it wasn't Axl's tragic attempt at making sense of some earth-shattering break up considering the song was written and recorded before the "legendary" break up even happened.

Unlike the blogger, I'll cite my sources.....

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=146

In the same interview, Axl says: " I wrote and recorded a new love song that I want on the next record called This I Love, that’s the heaviest thing that I’ve ever done. "   A few paragraphs later he says " My girlfriend recently asked me if I could still write a song as nasty and gritty as the things on Appetite, and I told her that it would probably depend on the song and if I was moved to write that way. "   And then "Stephanie and I have worked very hard to try and have a personal life, but it’s not easy. We’ve tried to stay in touch as much as possible, but our lives are such fast-moving things. Five months for us, are like five years for most people."

BOOM.   Evidence.   This I Love was not about Stephanie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, donny said:

The writer of this article is assuming a number of things I doubt, like every song is autobiographical and that it would be logical to put songs on an album in chonological order of creation

Again, I doubt it. To me this article has no value.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 7:23 AM, donny said:

thank you for posting this! I also have always wondered who certain songs were written about and figured for sure This I Love and There Was A Time had to be about Erin or Stephanie. not knowing the timeline I was very sad to think he'd be hung up on either of them after all the time that had passed. this clears it up a lot. however there is someone I was in what I thought was a deep love relationship that ended abruptly ( he obviously did not feel the us together forever soul mate vibe I did ) I sometimes late at night go over and over what went wrong. but I guess the reason it ended is the best one possible...someone better was waiting for me and I thank God he did. I hope Axl has/will have this same love. he deserves it <3