AXL/DC Setlist wishlists

The Archer

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

They should play more songs from The Razors Edge since Chris rejoined the band. Fire Your Guns or Moneytalks dor example. 

If you'd been following the Rock Or Bust thread that was in My World before this all happened, we were all dying to hear Moneytalks ever since it was confirmed that Slade would be back. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sosso said:

They should play more songs from The Razors Edge since Chris rejoined the band. Fire Your Guns or Moneytalks for example. 

Money talks and Mistress for Christmas are my two top choices - if Axl does this thing long term, I just can't see him not pulling out Mistress for Chrismas at some point. Axl in a santa hat would be unforgettable.

49 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

The Colchester show is incredible all around.

This is a killer version too. Bon sounds absolutely unhinged.

Thanks! This is lovely. They've done this a few times during the Brian era too - the last in '95 I think. I've seen a pretty good Brian performance from '81 on youtube.

But this is one of those songs that just epitomizes Bon and it would be perfect for Axl too - except, maybe he'd have to improvise and redo the line on  'slicked black hair'. 

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

WOW

LET ME PUT MY LOVE INTO YOU and TOUCH TOO MUCH are some of the best rock songs ever written

do you have any idea why they never played them live?

its crazy!

I don't know if there's any particular reason except that they just aren't very adventurous with their setlists. Most of what they're playing now has been in the set forever. That's why people go nuts when they pull out something like Riff Raff or If You Want Blood.

1 minute ago, bigpoop said:

I don't know if there's any particular reason except that they just aren't very adventurous with their setlists. Most of what they're playing now has been in the set forever. That's why people go nuts when they pull out something like Riff Raff or If You Want Blood.

yeah, hard to figure that out

i heard some people saying that they rehearsed TOUCH TOO MUCH with axl and axl said in that airport interview that TOUCH TOO MUCH was his favorite ACDC track righ now so i am really hoping they can play it!

On 5/16/2016 at 10:46 AM, bigpoop said:

If anything, the perception that Axl is responsible for these changes, is only going to help him with the Bon era fans.

3 hours ago, bigpoop said:

It's funny with Heatseeker, that was a pretty big song for them but they haven't played it in a long time.

Mainly because of Rudd. He only wanted to play the songs with him as drummer. Thunderstruck was the only song from the Wright/Slade era that survived as a regular song at the setlists. It's sad that this hasn't changed since Slade rejoined the band.

On May 9, 2016 at 7:32 PM, Powerage5 said:

Moneytalks needs to happen. Axl would kill it on that one. 

That should have been back by default with Slade.

On May 15, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Powerage5 said:

If you'd been following the Rock Or Bust thread that was in My World before this all happened, we were all dying to hear Moneytalks ever since it was confirmed that Slade would be back. 

Their highest charting song in North America too! Pricks.

3 hours ago, bigpoop said:

It's funny with Heatseeker, that was a pretty big song for them but they haven't played it in a long time.

So you mean an awful lot like Moneytalks?

Angus, please...

PLAY FUCKING MONEYTALKS. MONEY TALKED FOR AXL. MONEY TALKED FOR THE ROCK OR BUST TOUR. MONEYTALKS FOR THE FANS!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

For although I rather like it, 'Rock N' Roll Thunder' is the very definition of old fart jean wearing rock; it sounds like a Status Quo song. 

Agreed, I like it....sorta, but they need to lose that one from the current setlist. It's fine to listen to but live...blah. 

I know they have to play from Rock Or Bust but replace it with something like, Baptism By Fire, Dogs of War, Rock The House or Emission Control. Axl's voice would really pop these songs.

Hopefully they wont do Dog Eat Dog as someone suggested. There are much better choices (Girls Got Rhythm, Touch Too Much, Let Me Put My Love Into You, Money Talks ). They can also lose High Voltage and Given the Dog a Bone from the current set list. Many more choices that would sound better with Axl.

Edited by Canuckle
Forgot one...

28 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

For although I rather like it, 'Rock N' Roll Thunder' is the very definition of old fart jean wearing rock; it sounds like a Status Quo song. 

I'm amazed it made the cut for live performance over Dogs Of War among other, stronger Rock or Bust tracks.

46 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

They can also lose High Voltage and Given the Dog a Bone from the current set list. Many more choices that would sound better with Axl.

Aw c'mon, High Voltage is great. It's not among their very, very best but it's still a great song and Axl is doing great on it. Given a dog a bone suits Axl IMO, but I'd be okay with it being replaced by something like' Let me Put My Love into You', which is also from BIB and we do need to hear that one live.

• Like 1

I think another from Razors Edge that could be cool is Rock Your Heart Out.  Dizzying back and forth effect with the guitars and a prominent bass line already make it pretty catchy imo.  And I think Axl would bring a more edgy vocal.

I would like to hear some songs from the austrialian edition of High Voltage… songs like You Ain't Got A Hold On Me or Soul Stripper. Tony Currenti's drumming is one of the many highlights from the album.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1