Rumored Concert Date Thread

Apparently Download FR wil still announce some additional stuff for the saturday, they replied to somebody asking if Korn really is the last headliner. But still, that day is priced 49 euros, which is fairly cheap (other days are 66). So yeah, I dont see a stadium-sized act being added there. And I dont see Hellfest booking GNR (semi-)exclusively either. So my hopes for a (festival)tour in spring/summer are gone. I'm hoping for fall or 2017.

1 minute ago, DIST said:

Hmmm....I'd say Axl, Oasis have been split for 4 years only and Liam has always been open to reunite..but uncle Axl took 23 years.

But I really don't that's about ego. Seems to me Axl has got a lot of issues, one of them being the big ego, but I don't think that's why the reunion took this long to happen, really. Liam is just a jerk.

As far as a co-headlining tour, I just don't see that ever happening (even tough I'm a big Oasis fan and would love to see both bands together).

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

But I really don't that's about ego. Seems to me Axl has got a lot of issues, one of them being the big ego, but I don't think that's why the reunion took this long to happen, really. Liam is just a jerk.

As far as a co-headlining tour, I just don't see that ever happening (even tough I'm a big Oasis fan and would love to see both bands together).

Liam acts a lot for the cameras,  I was lucky to meet him once..truly a nice guy. 

As far as too big to happen..well, they did it with Metallica..but  yeah don't expect much reaction from GNR fans to Oasis.

2 minutes ago, L.A Music News said:

gallery_pic3350.jpg

2017 : What about finding a way to get all along now? I mean, for both bands... at the same time...

Definitely Maybe

Nice Oasis reference there.
But imo the two bands have completely different public.

12 minutes ago, DIST said:

Liam acts a lot for the cameras,  I was lucky to meet him once..truly a nice guy. 

As far as too big to happen..well, they did it with Metallica..but  yeah don't expect much reaction from GNR fans to Oasis.

Seriously? How cool!

People who met Axl have said he's nice too, so who knows?  He's temperamental, I guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alfierose said:

Debatable unless they are willing to give a source or at least an indication of one. I wouldn't read too much into the choice of username.

I know more than you do.

My first post on MYGNR : 

Positive things are going underway. "Talks" have been going on for several months now.

Eddie Trunk is reliable. Trust him. He has lots of contacts. Insiders know that.

Some "news" for you :

1) There STILL exist differences between Axl & Slash. But things are goin' on the right way.

2) A Reunion is neither impossible nor for tomorrow. But things are going on the right way.

3) It's still too soon to jump on any conclusions.

4) Dizzy reed to be part of it

5) Richard Fortus to be part of it, Axl likes him very much and Slash DID ask Fortus to join his band a couple of years ago.

6) Huge amount of money on the table

Stay tuned.

A Guns'n Roses/Oasis Tour wouldn't make any sense

In the UK Oasis wouldn't need Guns to fill stadiums and in the other parts of europe it's exactly the other way round...

Really dissapointing that they won't come to europe this summer and are focusing on the US market - as this has been the place in the past where they had the most problems to fill arenas

14 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Each of those points are vague guesses that could have easily been made through the last year of speculation here

Just sayin

This ^

You may well know all sorts @L.A Music News but I'm sure you understand that we get posters claiming all kinds of things on this forum with a fairly small percentage that turn out to be true. A healthy level of skepticism is necessary however should Liam and Axl rock the world together in the next year you are welcome to remind us we read it here first. :lol:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Each of those points are vague guesses that could have easily been made through the last year of speculation here

Just sayin

43 minutes ago, alfierose said:

This ^

You may well know all sorts @L.A Music News but I'm sure you understand that we get posters claiming all kinds of things on this forum with a fairly small percentage that turn out to be true. A healthy level of skepticism is necessary however should Liam and Axl rock the world together in the next year you are welcome to remind us we read it here first. :lol:

Yep.

The fact that GN'R will be playing next year is obvious and the Oasis news is already heavily rumored anyway. As ZoSo said, the info posted prior was already going around as well. As alfie pointed out, we already have plenty of people posting vague "insider info" and re-reportings others reported first, then claiming they knew all along. 

5 hours ago, L.A Music News said:

I know more than you do.

My first post on MYGNR : 

Posted 22 Aug 2015 · Report post

To all of you,

Positive things are going underway. "Talks" have been going on for several months now.

Eddie Trunk is reliable. Trust him. He has lots of contacts. Insiders know that.

Some "news" for you :

1) There STILL exist differences between Axl & Slash. But things are goin' on the right way.

2) A Reunion is neither impossible nor for tomorrow. But things are going on the right way.

3) It's still too soon to jump on any conclusions.

4) Dizzy reed to be part of it

5) Richard Fortus to be part of it, Axl likes him very much and Slash DID ask Fortus to join his band a couple of years ago.

6) Huge amount of money on the table

Stay tuned.

Most of that list is general enough that any of us could have guessed the same. The only specific aspects were Reed and Fortus, and both were logical guesses anyway, considering the fact that Reed has been involved for decades and Izzy doesn't like major tours.