This Friday: Special Announcement from Ozzy and Corey Taylor

axlslash

49 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I hope its a co headlining ozzfest!

Sabbath & Slipknot as the headliners 

& btw its Thursday

Got my dates mixed up, my bad.

Macabre thought of the day: with Sharon no longer in the picture, might we get a Slash/Perla situation and see the real Black Sabbath finish off this tour?!

5 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Yay, Ozzy Osbourne and the wanker from Slipknot!

What a great combination...NOT.

Big (classic) Ozzy fan BTW, I hate it when he gets teamed up with nu metal bands/has dreadlocked guys in long shorts in his band :lol:

Gus still leaves me with a bit to be desired, but I like Tommy and Blasko a lot.

That said, I groaned at the thought of Corey Taylor being involved in whatever this is.

If it's a tour it has to be next year, and a Thursday in May would be kind of and odd time to announce such a tour? I don't know. Only other thought is an album collaboration, which I'm not keen on Corey being involved in either.

Guess we'll see tomorrow.

6 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Yay, Ozzy Osbourne and the wanker from Slipknot!

What a great combination...NOT.

Big (classic) Ozzy fan BTW, I hate it when he gets teamed up with nu metal bands/has dreadlocked guys in long shorts in his band :lol:

He does like a numetaller does John Osbourne.

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Black Sabbath seems really out of place on that line up and I wouldn't bother going to the other day.

Yeah, this relates to what I was getting at before- I don't want to sit through a day's worth of METAL to get to see Black Sabbath. (good thing I'm not going then, eh?)

At that infamous Golden Gods night (when Axl and his band played) there were all these growly shouty METAL guys with tattooed necks, pierced faces, long shorts blathering on and sticking their tongues out and all that shit...and then there's Tony Iommi.

I could just picture him thinking "fuck me, if I'd have known my music would be credited with creating THIS, I wouldn't have picked up that guitar"

• Like 2

I'm surprised Tony has agreed to it to be honest. Ozzy yes, he seems to enjoy all that crap. 

I saw The Ozzfest at Donington 2002, I went to see Ozzy, well he kept us waiting for nearly two hours after the last band had played in the howing wind and rain. He was just ok after that. Zakk Wylde and Black Label Society were a highlight though. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

13 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Black Sabbath seems really out of place on that line up and I wouldn't bother going to the other day.

Saw Slipknott at download 09 after The Prodigy finished. Not my thing. Corey did a surprise appearance with Duff and sang a couple of GnR songs, metal style ?

I actually think Slipknot's day is better. Anthrax, Sabaton, and Overkill all on one day is amazing. 

34 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I actually think Slipknot's day is better. Anthrax, Sabaton, and Overkill all on one day is amazing. 

There's enough good in amongst the shit on both days to make it worthwhile. Sabbath and Megadeth are a nice twin bill, just don't show up until 6pm :lol:

• Like 1

shocking to see so many good bands(Still lots of shit though) sabbath/megadeth/opeth is pretty sweet, slipknot with amon amarth/slayer/anthrax is pretty good as well but there is more shit like emmure and butcher babies

i would definitely take the sabbath day though since you get children of bodom/goatwhore/municipal waste/kataklysm