GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

Yes, I'm Czech, so we share some history. I don't speak Russian, my parents do a little but I've never learned the language (I understand a bit though, it's the same family).

Fuck, I hope you and I don't have any bad blood. Had some Prague cashiers in a fancy-ass souvenir shop snicker at me when they heard me switch from English to Russian :D Apparently, the Soviets have not been yet forgiven or forgotten by all, and the tourists are paying :lol:

Also, the nearest subway station to my house is called 'Prazhskaya' ^_^

• Like 1

O.K caught up again, 

On the surface I’m sure the makers of the video are trying to suggest that Slash doesn’t like that his friend Axl is growing up, maybe Slash is worried that Axl’s priorities have shifted and the band is no longer what’s most important to him, something along those lines. But watching the video, whatever their intentions, what comes jumping out the screen is that Slash is bummed, and possibly even hid the wedding ring on purpose because he knows it should be him up there with Axl. His hair is better than Stephanie Seymour’s anyway and he smokes his cigarettes with way more style too. 

love this, think I'm going to edit the last sentence for my signature it made me laugh so much.

@Andy14 Damn that Steven clip, I threw up slightly in my mouth. how can I unsee it:facepalm:

The ongoing Slaxl theme all the biographies mention a pretty debauch life style. I see it as nothing more than sexual exploration, Drugs and Alcohol, and no indication of sexual leanings :shrugs:

In the couple minutes it's taken me to write this, there are 13 new posts, you're all insane?

Edited by Archtop
Sp.

Just now, Archtop said:

love this, think I'm going to edit the last sentence for my signature it made me laugh so much.

Put the whole link in your signature, I feel like not enough people actually went ahead and read it :rofl-lol:

@pinkforgirls ahh thankyou, you are my favourite Yank :hug:(except for Axl) :P

I never wanted to leave NY, I thought it would be hot, but it was absolutely freezing, which made me happy and the people were unforgettable :) 

@Andy14 I went to Prague in 2008 and spent the whole time hammered on Absinthe and weed, it was funny cos that creepy old bridge with all the statues of Jesus' on it became my nemesis, I had to run down the thing cos it creeped me out so much! I weren't keen on it in daylight either! Lol 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I've spent quite a lot of time in Italy and met people from all over the world, so this is the look they gave me quite often after I'd said Czech Republic.

I have a funny story for you. A couple of months ago I was entering in a bar in my city, a bar that is mostly frequented by Erasmus people, and a random girl come to me with a European map and just ask 'Hi, can you point Czech Republic on the map?'. It was late at night so I found that normal :rofl-lol: and (not gonna lie - after freezing for a moment) eventually I got it right. The girl was so happy that I knew where Czech Republic was that she bought me a shot haha I have to love your country :wub:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Lol, great description! Actually we drink alcohol because it's so cold here haha.

I've spent quite a lot of time in Italy and met people from all over the world, so this is the look they gave me quite often after I'd said Czech Republic 

insta15.gif

Is that a look of disgust?

I'm sorry I don't get it. I guess I dont know enough czech history as to understand why you were given that look when you mentioned your country :shrugs:

I have no reasons to dislike it or talk shit and even though I could not point in the map where exactly the Czech Republic is, well, at least I know it exists and who comes from there, lol :P

16 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Fuck, I hope you and I don't have any bad blood. Had some Prague cashiers in a fancy-ass souvenir shop snicker at me when they heard me switch from English to Russian :D Apparently, the Soviets have not been yet forgiven or forgotten by all, and the tourists are paying :lol:

Also, the nearest subway station to my house is called 'Prazhskaya' ^_^

No worries. Only when it comes to ice-hockey match lol. I have some Russian friends, they're nice people. :headbang: Funny thing. When I'm abroad most of the people think I'm Russian because it's the first Slavic country that comes to their minds. And also when they hear me speak my language, they KNOW it's not Russian but simply cannot identify it, which I absolutely understand. ;)

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I went to Prague in 2008 and spent the whole time hammered on Absinthe and weed, it was funny cos that creepy old bridge with all the statues of Jesus' on it became my nemesis, I had to run down the thing cos it creeped me out so much! I weren't keen on it in daylight either! Lol 

Lol. Make sure you're not the only one to do this :rofl-lol:. Many of my foreign friends' stories start: "When I was in Prague drunk as hell..." :rofl-lol: The creepy old bridge is best to be seen at night since there are so many people during the day haha.

14 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I have a funny story for you. A couple of months ago I was entering in a bar in my city, a bar that is mostly frequented by Erasmus people, and a random girl come to me with a European map and just ask 'Hi, can you point Czech Republic on the map?'. It was late at night so I found that normal :rofl-lol: and (not gonna lie - after freezing for a moment) eventually I got it right. The girl was so happy that I knew where Czech Republic was that she bought me a shot haha I have to love your country :wub:

Kudos to you! Yeah, we are pleased when people know our country and mainly when they know it's no longer Czechoslovakia. Finding it on a map is the icing on the cake :lol:. And we're good at buying alcohol for others :rofl-lol:

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Is that a look of disgust?

I'm sorry I don't get it. I guess I dont know enough czech history as to understand why you were given that look when you mentioned your country :shrugs:

I have no reasons to dislike it or talk shit and even though I could not point in the map where exactly the Czech Republic is, well, at least I know it exists and who comes from there, lol :P

No no no, it's not a look of disgust, it's the "Where the fuck is that" or "I've never heard about it" kind of look :rofl-lol:

Btw. I can't like more posts, I'm already out of likes :facepalm:

So...who's gonna organize our meeting? :popcorn:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

No no no, it's not a look of disgust, it's the "Where the fuck is that" or "I've never heard about it" kind of look :rofl-lol:

Btw. I can't like more posts, I'm already out of likes :facepalm:

So...who's gonna organize our meeting? :popcorn:

lol, okay, pretty ignorant to not know.... or maybe am I too much of a nerd? :shrugs:

Who's gonna organize our meeting?

THIS ONE-----> :devilshades:

27 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What's the problem with the thread being so active? :crazy:

We HARDLY talk about the band member's children so I really don't know what you've been reading.

I think what happens to you and probably many other people is that you guys feel left out of this little community we have formed here and are very jealous of what we've accomplished.

What's fucked up about this? You sound like a prude or a person with no life experience if you freak out or "feel guilty for knowing Slash's kids names". That is what is fucked up.

Your fears and inhibitions are not our problem. You should treat that with a therapist instead of coming here to call us 'weird'.

In the beginning it was funny, now it's become old and boring.

And if you really feel disturbed by what we talk here then don't read it.

You're a grown up man, wtf :shrugs:

Holy shit, what?

And you're right, I don't read this thread, but the few glances I get are all posts about their wives, gfs, kids, etc. I think the obsessive behavior is fucking bizarre and if you're going to post about it so much, don't be upset when someone calls you out on it. 

BUT ANYWAY

there's also another member who dabbled in acting for a hot minute - also sort of embarrassing, but a CUTE embarrassing and not a "scrub your skin" after you watch it kind of way

I can't seem to find Duff's clips on youtube anymore, but if you go to this link, it's the 1st video. 

https://my.mail.ru/mail/larisa-leg/video/38172/38488.html

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm not sure what it was but it doesnt have to do with English not being your mother tongue. It is not mine either but it's not related to that.

The choice of words and the message sounded strange but please, don't take it like that. I'm not cruxifying you or anything, that's why I said I didnt mean to start an arguement because I knew it was not something terrible, more like something naive from someone who seems to not have much experience regarding certain aspects of sexuality.

I just think you are wrong when you say something like "sexuality is true when you express love, otherwise it's a joke". I guess that's what you're saying, not sure. Well, I think it's wrong. There are lots of people who don't put LOVE and SEX in the same jar. It is totally possible to have sex with someone and not love them, to not be in love with them. Prostitution is the best example, isn't it?

Sexuality is not a fixed thing in my opinion and while a lot of people seem so secure in one extreme of the spectrum, others fluctuate like this smiley :dance: LOL :P

And I didnt like you said "doubting Axl's sexuality", as it sounded like something wrong to do. Like we were doubting his honor or his talent or something with a positive value being transformed into something negative. That's what I didnt like about your wording of the sentence.

I said what I said in a light hearted manner in limited amount of time without thinking it through, but I NEVER wanted it to turn out the way it did. And it's a very delicate subject and I should've been more careful with it, but I forgot that this is a public forum with hundreds of people who never met you reading it, so there's a big chance someone's gonna understand it the wrong way. I just never dreamt that someone would call me out for that. That's exactly why I rarely get into argumets with people online, because of the limited vocabulary you miss a point and because of the lack of mimic things can get easily misinterpretated.....and because things like this easily affect and upset me and I take everything personal.... 

And I never claimed that  "sexuality is true when you express love, otherwise it's a joke" I just said that I would not mix someone's so called experimenting or fooling around with a friend and being bi. In Axl/Slash and the whole GN'R case, if something ''smaller'' actually did happen, that's not the reason I would consider any of them gay. Cause if we're going to look at it in that way, the term sexuality, as being sexually oriented would not exist at all! 

And about  "doubting Axl's sexuality"; he declaired himself as a heterosexual, so discussing whether he's more than that is doubting. Perhaps it's bad wording, but I don't see how I implied anything wrong about it, doubt is not a wrong thing, right? :D I just said that it's not something I can discuss, cause I do not see the reason  and I'm not really interested in. 

6 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Lol. Make sure you're not the only one to do this :rofl-lol:. Many of my foreign friends' stories start: "When I was in Prague drunk as hell..." :rofl-lol: 

When I went, I was only 12, so I obviously wasn't drinking. One of the only things I still remember about the trip is my mom buying a round of beer shots and I side-eyeying her disapprovingly :rofl-lol:

We also got robbed of all of our money on the first day, and there were at least 3 people that were shady enough to be suspects. I don't think I've ever had this much fun abroad again :D

8 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

there's also another member who dabbled in acting for a hot minute - also sort of embarrassing, but a CUTE embarrassing and not a "scrub your skin" after you watch it kind of way

He wasn't bad, good for him. Reminded me of Spike for some reason.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Holy shit, what?

And you're right, I don't read this thread, but the few glances I get are all posts about their wives, gfs, kids, etc. I think the obsessive behavior is fucking bizarre and if you're going to post about it so much, don't be upset when someone calls you out on it. 

Who are you to declare someone else "obsessed" about whatever?

This is a Guns N' Roses forum. We are Guns N' Roses fans. We talk about the band and their lives because, oh, it is allowed :confused:

If all we could talk about them is the music, then the forum would not be divided in so many sections for specific topics that are not strictly music.

Are you bizarre for attending so many Guns N' Roses concert? Aren't you obsessed in your own way?

Why are you allowed to obsess about GN'R and we are not?

You have no authority to call us out on anything if this thread is almost 200 pages long and no moderator or administrator has locked it yet.

If what we do was SO wrong, I guess we would have been notified already. Don't you think?

10 minutes ago, nn18 said:

I said what I said in a light hearted manner in limited amount of time without thinking it through, but I NEVER wanted it to turn out the way it did. And it's a very delicate subject and I should've been more careful with it, but I forgot that this is a public forum with hundreds of people who never met you reading it, so there's a big chance someone's gonna understand it the wrong way. I just never dreamt that someone would call me out for that. That's exactly why I rarely get into argumets with people online, because of the limited vocabulary you miss a point and because of the lack of mimic things can get easily misinterpretated.....and because things like this easily affect and upset me and I take everything personal.... 

And I never claimed that  "sexuality is true when you express love, otherwise it's a joke" I just said that I would not mix someone's so called experimenting or fooling around with a friend and being bi. In Axl/Slash and the whole GN'R case, if something ''smaller'' actually did happen, that's not the reason I would consider any of them gay. Cause if we're going to look at it in that way, the term sexuality, as being sexually oriented would not exist at all! 

And about  "doubting Axl's sexuality"; he declaired himself as a heterosexual, so discussing whether he's more than that is doubting. Perhaps it's bad wording, but I don't see how I implied anything wrong about it, doubt is not a wrong thing, right? :D I just said that it's not something I can discuss, cause I do not see the reason  and I'm not really interested in. 

I don't know why you get so offended, really..... No one is scolding you or giving you shit or condemning you to stay in a corner for bad behavior, lol

Relax, maaaaan :P

Seriously, I dont know where the hell some of you are reading or thinking we are calling these guys gays or whatever and why there are some people getting scandalized over it as if we were accussing these men of some kind of terrible crime.

What we've been talking is mostly fantasies and putting together some clues, pictures, videos, etc from past behavior and that's it. We love discussing Axl's clothing but I haven't seen anyone confirming or being like "Axl and Slash are gay and I know it". It's mostly opinion and discussion and especulation and there's nothing set in stone about it.

And if the case was that there is some truth to our especulation, I can't even understand how that would be so shocking or bad or something to cry over. I know that if any of them would come out of the closet someday, it wouldn't make a difference to me because I love all of them with all my heart and as long as they are happy it is all good for me.

That's it.... there's no reason to overreact to any of this..... come on...... Twenty-first century, let's make this world a better place for all people, can we? :heart:

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

It is annoying seeing this stupid, shit thread clog up the news feed.

So, you guys are weird 

I appreciate this thread isn't to everyones liking but you can choose to ignore it.

It moves too fast to moderate easily so if any of the posts (in your opinion) go too far then report them and we will look at them individually.

From my point of view there is an unspoken agreement in allowing this thread for those that participate and in return the type of discussions here don't spill into D&N threads as was happening previously. This reunion has brought a huge number of new members here compared to a year or two ago therefore I try and make allowances for all different types of discussion.

To the ladies of this thread I would ask that you attempt to keep your posting fairly tasteful and less Tumblr-esqe.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Can we please ban any man from this thread who doesn't contribute except to bitch or be annoying? :facepalm: I'm getting sick of this shit as well. I don't mind guys joining in if they have something on topic to say and I don't mind the ones who mostly lurk and only sometimes join in either, but all the rest? Fuck off. Your bitching, thoughts, suggestions and opinions are neither wanted nor needed here.

You are literally in the women's thread. And no one is forcing you to be here. So if you don't like what is going on here, well tough luck. Go read another thread and debate some more about how many copies CD sold or whatever boring shit you'd prefer to discuss.

-------------------------------------

Back on topic, yeah it's pretty awesome how international we are. I knew for example that @MillionsOfSpiders is from the UK and @pinkforgirls from the US and @killuridols and @Andy14 from Argentina and the Czech Republic of course. And @dgnr from Portugal and @giuls and @Italian girl from Italy. (And the Armenian ninja lurker @Epson :ph34r::P)

And many more that I think I know where they're from as well, but I'm not sure about.

But I had no idea we had people from Russia and Indonesia even here. That's pretty cool :D And for the record, I know where to find every country I've mentioned here on the map :P

@killuridols Cold AF? :lol: Last summer it was constantly around 40 degrees here. I nearly died from the heat. This summer is pretty cold though... Not gonna deny that a lot of alcohol gets consumed here though lol.

------------------------------------

@nn18 Don't be upset, you didn't do anything wrong or anything :lol: It's just difficult sometimes to communicate effectively when most people here aren't native speakers and stuff like that. I know what @killuridols and @tiutso were getting at, but I don't think anyone here thinks you're this awful homophobic person or anything. It's all good :hug:

-----------------------------------

That Steven video. I don't know wether to laugh or cry :scared: On the one hand it's hilarious how bad and ridiculous that movie is, on the other hand it's also kinda sad and disturbing what the guy will do for money. There's no way in hell any of the other four would ever be part of something like that (most especially not Slash...). And speaking of:

6 hours ago, tiutso said:

Do you happen to remember which interview that was? Or the thread where people talked about it? I read one by Steven where he insisted that he only got sucked off by other dudes, not the other way around.

Oh god, I'd love to give you a source, but that was an eternity ago. Like over 10 years ago probably, when I was still a kid. I'm not even sure if it was on this board or somewhere else. I'm only on this board nowadays, but when I was younger I also used to frequent other GNR related places. It's bugging me too now, because I'd like to re-read what exactly Steven said from an adult perspective. I do know I wasn't misunderstanding things though because I remember there were people (read: men) calling bullshit that Slash would do something like that. Or getting offended on Slash's behalf because obviously their guitar hero would never for any reason whatsoever get anywhere near another guy's dick. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the mod post before posting. But I guess I was expressing the same thing anyway (don't like don't read), so I think I'm not gonna change what I wrote.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cooker said:

I do find the discussion of the people in the bands life creepy, no doubt. I think that should be scaled back. 

I agree with this. I haven't read the last 10 pages or so of this thread but I think there is a line to be drawn when it comes to discussing family and friends of band members - they are not public figures themselves so please tread carefully.

• Like 2