GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

22 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That is Beta, for sure! I think it's Axl house and the year could be 1993 or 1994 (even 1995).

Watch it. She has some strange hairdo like a nest and its grey-

Yeah, she looks stylish now because she's got money :P

huh? Oh my Gad. If that's what money can do, I need some now. a lot.

Hello ladies!

I am new to the forum but a longtime GNR fan (back in the day of Axl’s old teeth). I was at the 1991 New Year’s Eve show in Miami that Duff mentions in his book and I still have my ticket. It was weird and awesome to read about it when I was actually there. \m/

I’ll be seeing the show in Orlando where it will be so murderously hot there is zero chance that anyone (ummm looking at you Axl) will be wearing leather jackets or flannel layers. Anyway hoping for a some  ~fashion opinions. Generally I think it’s kinda lame to wear band shirts of the actual band when they are performing but this Slash one is pretty cool. Otherwise Misfit Marilyn? What do you guys think?

small%20slash.jpg

small%20misfit%20marilyn.jpg

3 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

Hello ladies!

I am new to the forum but a longtime GNR fan (back in the day of Axl’s old teeth). I was at the 1991 New Year’s Eve show in Miami that Duff mentions in his book and I still have my ticket. It was weird and awesome to read about it when I was actually there. \m/

I’ll be seeing the show in Orlando where it will be so murderously hot there is zero chance that anyone (ummm looking at you Axl) will be wearing leather jackets or flannel layers. Anyway hoping for a some  ~fashion opinions. Generally I think it’s kinda lame to wear band shirts of the actual band when they are performing but this Slash one is pretty cool. Otherwise Misfit Marilyn? What do you guys think?

small%20slash.jpg

"Axl's old teeth" haha! Well I am a recent convert to wearing band t-shirts, simply bc in Vegas everyone was wearing one and it felt really awesome to be part of something that big with all those likeminded people..however, that Misfit Marilyn is killer, and I think Axl would actually like that shirt himself!

6 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

huh? Oh my Gad. If that's what money can do, I need some now. a lot.

Of course money can do wonders!

Just check the difference of washing your hair with supermarket shampoo and doing it with one bought at the saloon or from a reknown laboratorie. Same with creams, clothes, everything actually :shrugs:

6 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

Hello ladies!

small%20slash.jpg

Hi, there! Welcome to the female jungle! :shades:

I don't think it's lame to wear shirts of the band, why?? :wacko: but sticking to your question, I think they are both cool shirts!

The Slash one reminds me of "Hand me that shirt, hand me that shirt. Are you listening to me, Mr. Security Man?" :rofl-lol:

It's cool shirt, somehow I like the Marilyn one better. The grey one looks kinda empty. If it had some text on it, it would do for me.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That is Beta, for sure! I think it's Axl house and the year could be 1993 or 1994 (even 1995).

Watch it. She has some strange hairdo like a nest and its grey-

Yeah, she looks stylish now because she's got money :P

Huh. In Estranged she doesn't have gray hair and looks about 25 years younger than that. Are we sure that's not the old nanny or Stephanie's grandmother or something? If that is her, that's definitely a very different look.

Edited by stella

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Just check the difference of washing your hair with supermarket shampoo and doing it with one bought at the saloon or from a reknown laboratorie. Same with creams, clothes, everything actually :shrugs:

I don't think it's lame to wear shirts of the band, why?? :wacko: but sticking to your question, I think they are both cool shirts!

The Slash one reminds me of "Hand me that shirt, hand me that shirt. Are you listening to me, Mr. Security Man?" :rofl-lol:

It's cool shirt, somehow I like the Marilyn one better. The grey one looks kinda empty. If it had some text on it, it would do for me.

Love the Marilyn Misfit shirt too. It's unique!

5 minutes ago, stella said:

Huh. In Estranged she doesn't have gray hair and looks about 25 years younger than that. Are we sure that's not the old nanny or Stephanie's grandmother or something? If that is her, that's definitely a very different look.

lol I'm not sure of anything but if I have to put clues together, that SHOULD be Beta for sure.

This video is from 1991. Axl was dating Stephanie. She has a little boy and that's her babysitter, Beta. Axl breaks up with Stephanie in 1993 and Beta gets fired by Stephanie, so Axl hires her.

The Estranged video is filmed in 1993.

There's a reason for hair dye to exist :P and some people get grey hair when they are somewhat young. In 1991, Beta is 37 years old and in 1993 she's 40. So she probably started dying her hair, especially if she was going to appear in a video! And Axl must have got her a stylist. He really liked her, surely provided her of everything she needed to change her looks.

6 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

"Axl's old teeth" haha! Well I am a recent convert to wearing band t-shirts, simply bc in Vegas everyone was wearing one and it felt really awesome to be part of something that big with all those likeminded people..however, that Misfit Marilyn is killer, and I think Axl would actually like that shirt himself!

Ahh that is so cool about Vegas. My avatar is actually my tour shirt from many moons ago (it's long gone *sniff* but thanks Google for the image). I am leaning towards the Marilyn because of it being a Warhol riff plus it's more subversive (and yes probably Axl-approved).

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Thank you for the welcome to this particular and humid part of the jungle! I am definitely going to buy a merch shirt and will wear it proudly (like to the grocery store and stuff :P) Wearing band shirts to the band itself make me feel like a poser. Dunno, it's silly really.

I am leaning towards Marilyn and the Slash one is cool but needs a little more pizzazz.  

7 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

Thank you for the welcome to this particular and humid part of the jungle! I am definitely going to buy a merch shirt and will wear it proudly (like to the grocery store and stuff :P) Wearing band shirts to the band itself make me feel like a poser. Dunno, it's silly really.

I am leaning towards Marilyn and the Slash one is cool but needs a little more pizzazz.  

lol humid :drool:

it's not silly, you silly!! :rofl-lol:

ok, to each their own. Marilyn shirt kicks ass rock3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

lol I'm not sure of anything but if I have to put clues together, that SHOULD be Beta for sure.

This video is from 1991. Axl was dating Stephanie. She has a little boy and that's her babysitter, Beta. Axl breaks up with Stephanie in 1993 and Beta gets fired by Stephanie, so Axl hires her.

The Estranged video is filmed in 1993.

There's a reason for hair dye to exist :P and some people get grey hair when they are somewhat young. In 1991, Beta is 37 years old and in 1993 she's 40. So she probably started dying her hair, especially if she was going to appear in a video! And Axl must have got her a stylist. He really liked her, surely provided her of everything she needed to change her looks.

Stephanie didn't fire Beta. I remember reading an interview with Beta after RIR 2001. Beta said she was still working with Steph. But one day she got a call from Axl. He offered her a job with him. So she left her job with Steph and begun working for Axl. This event took place back in early 1993.

27 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Re: Beta- I think that's her in the making of as well. Looks like the same lady as in the Axl baking picture.

@pinkforgirls Welcome! :heart:And I vote shirt number 2 as well!

@rustycage11 Welcome to you as well! Glad your love for Izzy made you post here :P

Speaking of Izzy, let's have some Izzy gossip (this is the gossip thread after all!): I still remember from way back then when these groupie boards existed, that these girls were of the opinion that Izzy was the only one in the band worth getting up close and personal with... if you catch my drift :P Basically they said Izzy's great in bed, but Slash and Duff were not (or at least they didn't use to be. Don't know about nowadays, but Susan and Meegan seem happy enough :lol:)

(Altough Perla did recently comment negatively about Slash's skills in that department :smiley-confused2:)

And now I've gone and made this thread even more "humid"  :lol:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/90/0f/df/900fdfd0ce5e164c3429076a05c96b4a.jpg

I like that picture as well and I agree, the rock n roll style they used to be dressed in when they were little was pretty cool.

Here's an adorable pic of Slash with baby London. Look at these little Baby Converse! Aren't they just the cutest? :wub:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Slash/vw210903_01.jpg

And here's a cool pic with Steven, Izzy, Slash and London. I wish there was a better quality version of that one. Anyone ever seen one?

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Slash/b1c5e445.jpg

That's a really cool picture. I 've never seen it before. Thanks for posting :)

8 hours ago, Padme said:

Stephanie didn't fire Beta. I remember reading an interview with Beta after RIR 2001. Beta said she was still working with Steph. But one day she got a call from Axl. He offered her a job with him. So she left her job with Steph and begun working for Axl. This event took place back in early 1993.

My understanding was that she was fired by Stephanie, but ok.

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

I like that picture as well and I agree, the rock n roll style they used to be dressed in when they were little was pretty cool.

Here's an adorable pic of Slash with baby London. Look at these little Baby Converse! Aren't they just the cutest? :wub:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Slash/vw210903_01.jpg

And here's a cool pic with Steven, Izzy, Slash and London. I wish there was a better quality version of that one. Anyone ever seen one?

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Slash/b1c5e445.jpg

The only Izzy phase that I dig is when he portrayed the dreadlocks. Otherwise, he's not my type of guy.

Never seen these pics of Slash, baby London and omg Steven! Even though the pic is low quality I can notice he's extremely slim here and not looking good at all :(

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

My understanding was that she was fired by Stephanie, but ok.

"He asked me to stay with him when they broke up. But I was a nanny to Dylan, and I was worried, because the baby was only 2 years old and Stephanie was always travelling, she was never at home."

"She moved to New York and Axl called me to work for him. And I accepted because, between Axl and Stephanie, I had no doubt that I wanted to work for Axl. He won over her 100 to 0"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

"He asked me to stay with him when they broke up. But I was a nanny to Dylan, and I was worried, because the baby was only 2 years old and Stephanie was always travelling, she was never at home."

"She moved to New York and Axl called me to work for him. And I accepted because, between Axl and Stephanie, I had no doubt that I wanted to work for Axl. He won over her 100 to 0"

Great! Thank you :thumbsup:

---------

I just woke up to this :max:

Who's that?

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1