Carlycosmos

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Heeeey Duff just tweeted!

He could have streamed the whole show :max:

I hope they're having afterparty with Axl :wub:

Edited by Andy14
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Lumikki said:

All this teeth talk reminds me of this Slash video. It's pretty cool! It has Slash demonstrating what a huge dinosaur expert/nerd he is among other things :D And towards the end of the video Slash talks about how his biggest fear (besides public speaking) is going to the dentist. And how he hasn't gone to the dentist for years because he hates it so much.

(And yeah, you can tell that's true tbh :smiley-confused2:... his bottom teeth especially are pretty messed up. I often notice these when he talks)

That's a really cool video! Slash comes across like a pretty awesome guy in this one. 

And no one likes Dizzy and Sorum because they re unlikable and just not very cool.

Glad Duff had fun!

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

He could have streamed the whole show :max:

I hope they're having afterparty with Axl :wub:

Haha. He could have gone up onstage :P

It's nice to know they were there. I hope Slash posts something too. It is always Duff showing his inhibited love for Axl, which is adorable but come on Slash!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Haha. He could have gone up onstage :P

It's nice to know they were there. I hope Slash posts something too. It is always Duff showing his inhibited love for Axl, which is adorable but come on Slash!

And Axl should post something about the guys being in London, too. I bet he must have been happy to have them there. Who would have thought that Slash would come to see Axl perform :shock: 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Great picture, and yes Dizzy Is hard to recognise.I have noticed that about him, his had some very different looks over the years. 

Poor Dizzy never gets any appreciation and his the longest standing member other than Axl. What is it about Dizzy they even Gilby and Matt get greater recognition in GNR?

He's the keyboardist - they never seem to get as much love as the other band members. I can't think of a recent band where the keyboardist is really popular or well known, with the exception of maybe Nick Rhodes in Duran Duran. Plus Dizzy seems to keep to himself and not do a lot of press, etc. - he just quietly soldiers on and works to the best of his ability. Matt and Gilby seem to be out and about more and do many more things that are in the public eye. Both choices there are fine, IMHO.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

And Axl should post something about the guys being in London, too. I bet he must have been happy to have them there. Who would have thought that Slash would come to see Axl perform :shock: 

That is just the thought that was rattling around in my head ;-) 

Over the years,  all the times I've sat and watched old shows and felt that little sadness in my heart cos deep down I just wanted them to at least be friends, well this is as good as it gets!

Slash and Axl may not be all over Twitter with their feelings, but it's pretty obvious to me ;) 

• Like 1

Gosh, you ladies are talkative. :lol:

I haven't read any of the biographies. Your comments make me want to read Duff's though. I really respect that he didn't use a ghostwriter. He's done so well in his life. Overcame addiction, went to university, started his own business, seems to have a happy family, wrote books... really amazing. And he seems like such a nice guy in general.

I agree that an Axl biography would be amazing. I have the feeling that it would be the length of A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin, though, and would probably take as much time to complete. :lol: I reckon that the man has a lot to say. And it would be very interesting. I like it when he expresses himself about subjects that he is passionate about. Would love it if he did more of that.

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Yeah, you're right. Maybe he will.

Id love to see a pic of them too. I don't know why it's so hard to put those 3 man together for a picture. Something backstage not a forced photoshoot.

lets cross fingers!

10 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Is Kat Benzova on tour with Axl/DC? If she is, maybe someone can send her a request on her Twitter or Instagram for pictures of the Big 3 to be shared on GNR official social media. 

Yes she is on twitter & Instagram. Doubt she'll do the big 3 unless they ask her to though, she works for them not the other way around. There are photos of Axl and Slash laughing together looking very relaxed with each other.

2 hours ago, Kittiara said:

Gosh, you ladies are talkative. :lol:

I haven't read any of the biographies. Your comments make me want to read Duff's though. I really respect that he didn't use a ghostwriter. He's done so well in his life. Overcame addiction, went to university, started his own business, seems to have a happy family, wrote books... really amazing. And he seems like such a nice guy in general.

I agree that an Axl biography would be amazing. I have the feeling that it would be the length of A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin, though, and would probably take as much time to complete. :lol: I reckon that the man has a lot to say. And it would be very interesting. I like it when he expresses himself about subjects that he is passionate about. Would love it if he did more of that.

Being a fast typist I'll send him my resume for the job of transcribing his tapes. That was my job in my previous life, to listen to his voice & type what he's saying would be a dream job. I'd do it just for lifelong friendship & staying at his home.

Note to self:  prepare resume.  :lol::P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

Is Kat Benzova on tour with Axl/DC? If she is, maybe someone can send her a request on her Twitter or Instagram for pictures of the Big 3 to be shared on GNR official social media. 

Yeah but she won't post stuff that's not approved by management first.

I think it'd be easier if one of the wives pulls out a camera and gets a selfie or a candid one but AGAIN, the pic will go viral and a fuckin scandal will ensue :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Trivia : how many pairs of Touch Me Feel Me tshirts do you guys think Axl owns? 

Seems like he's very fond of this shirt on this tour.

I wondered that, he seems to get a liking for a t shirt and wears it on and off stage all the time. The girl in the rubbish can was one, Elvis was one. They either have a very fast laundry service or he's got several of the same. I'm not keen on the shirt around the waist either, he's always wearing too much. Japan concert 2009 he was perfect, a touch weighty but that comes with age. If he takes off the hats and sunnies he puts on extra around his waist. :heart:

18 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Trivia : how many pairs of Touch Me Feel Me tshirts do you guys think Axl owns? 

Seems like he's very fond of this shirt on this tour.

I'd like to think that at least 10 but I wish he would have chosen different ones instead of a repeated one.

12 minutes ago, rock4eva said:

I'm not keen on the shirt around the waist either, he's always wearing too much. Japan concert 2009 he was perfect, a touch weighty but that comes with age. If he takes off the hats and sunnies he puts on extra around his waist. :heart:

I still don't know if it's something with that particular shirt or that he put on a lot of weight in a week or so. The videos from Prague show are amazing. He's wearing another shirt tied to his waist and it looks friggin' amazing. He even walks like a sexy model.

But this one shirt is terrible. It adds extra visual pounds all around his waist and the other one falling over makes it worse, plus the thing for his ear monitors, makes his butt look like a huge pile of laundry :facepalm:

Here's a video where you can see him dealing with tying the shirt around and failing at it..

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 3