GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

12 hours ago, Lumikki said:

This Slaxl topic reminded me of something, so Story Time:

Slash once talked about how one Halloween, he was stuck in a hotel room with a guy dressed as Slash and the guy's girlfriend, who was dressed as Axl. After some time, the girl and the guy started making out with each other or whatever (I think Slash called it "started doing boyfriend-girlfriend things" or something :lol:) and Slash had no choice but to watch. I'm sorry, but the image of Slash trapped in a hotel room and watching two people impersonating him and Axl get it on with each other is just... :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Now thats an awkward encounter :rofl-lol: 

He must have been traumatized.

4 hours ago, starlight said:

Yes slash was 18 almost 19 and Axl 22. I think they first met in '84 or possibly '83...so Slash was still a kid 

Wasnt this also when Slash played a prank on Axl with one of his snakes? Telling him not to move or the snake would bite him or something :lol: And Axl didnt move for hours in fear.

Edited by Frey

16 minutes ago, Frey said:

Now thats an awkward encounter :rofl-lol: 

He must have been traumatized.

Wasnt this also when Slash played a prank on Axl with one of his snakes? Telling him not to move or the snake would bite him or something :lol: And Axl didnt move for hours in fear.

He didn't seem particularly traumatized from what I remember.

I vaguely remember the snake story as well.

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Omg girls I just found my email inbox flooded wit news about the "fat Axl" pics!!! :cry:

Even music sites like NME are talking about this! http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/94006

Twitter is now filled with the memes and people making MORE fun of him :facepalm:

Its really become a snowball. I'm so angry!

Yeah, it was even in the Austrian newspapers this morning.

I knew this what happen when I read about it yesterday. The question is, how could Axl not understand that something like this would only bring more attention to the Fat Axl memes and make them more popular than ever :facepalm:

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Omg girls I just found my email inbox flooded wit news about the "fat Axl" pics!!! :cry:

Even music sites like NME are talking about this! http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/94006

Twitter is now filled with the memes and people making MORE fun of him :facepalm:

Its really become a snowball. I'm so angry!

Jesus Christ, Axl Rose is a fucking idiot. How stupid do you have to be to shit all over the love you've just barely managed to gather in two days? I tried to ignore it but these huge sites are making it impossible. I hate this band.

lol that pic and the memes have been around for ages, whys it bothering him now?

I'm not giving this shit any more thought. There's always something Axl does in the days before I go to see him live that gives negativity out. 

I fuckin hate going to see him with negative thoughts.....so blocking this dumb ass Axl move outta my mind. 

Hopefully it'll all blow over in a couple of days

54 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah, it was even in the Austrian newspapers this morning.

I knew this what happen when I read about it yesterday. The question is, how could Axl not understand that something like this would only bring more attention to the Fat Axl memes and make them more popular than ever :facepalm:

The mods here closed the thread about it saying the claim is not legit, that it doesn't come from Axl.

What if someone else claimed on his name just to do some wrong to him since he was getting so much praise for the Axl/DC thing?

There's so much jealousy in this world... Everybody wanted that position. He got it. Brian must feel shitted all over. This could be a counterattack from someone...

41 minutes ago, nonok said:

Jesus Christ, Axl Rose is a fucking idiot. How stupid do you have to be to shit all over the love you've just barely managed to gather in two days? I tried to ignore it but these huge sites are making it impossible. I hate this band.

No, don't say that :cry: We don't know.. I hope it's not him doing this but he's known for hating the Internet.

32 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

lol that pic and the memes have been around for ages, whys it bothering him now?

I'm not giving this shit any more thought. There's always something Axl does in the days before I go to see him live that gives negativity out. 

I fuckin hate going to see him with negative thoughts.....so blocking this dumb ass Axl move outta my mind. 

Hopefully it'll all blow over in a couple of days

It bothers him now because since his name is all over the web, when you make a search those memes comes associated with him. It's algorithms.

Just go see him, don't give up, it's gonna be a great show!

fuuuuuuck... he just resuscitated all the memes...:rofl-lol: I'm so sorry I'm laughing at this but how Axl didn't know how internet cupcakes would react to this?
Sweet pie o' mine... omg poor Axl. But who cares? he's killing it with AC/DC and Guns N' Roses. And he's still sexy. Sexy fatty! Yuhu! :awesomeface:

edit: WHY when I write T.R.O.L.L.S it shows cupcakes?! what the heck:shock:

Edited by Carlycosmos
  • Like 1

creeps back in.

2 hours ago, Frey said:

I didn't mean to be overly harsh on Izzy. For what it's worth, I think Axl and Slash dont look any better than him.

I was joking, I need a heavy sarcasm button. It amused me for all the love Slash and Axl get in here that the first pic we get in ages of Izzy he basically gets called a bum. Lol.

I do agree that it's not a flattering photo, he looks gaunt. I know he runs or at least he mentioned it in an interview, so maybe that's why no body fat. 

I wonder if Axl is really behind the removal of the those pictures, we need CSI to find out when the whole thing was initiated. I can't imagine with all the good vibes currently surrounding Axl that it would bother him so much.

The pictures below made me laugh most people in England always tried to avoid public phone boxes as they smelt of pee, but looks like these four are having fun.

P.S what is about Slash and wemon in animal print, he has a fetish.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The point that this may not be true, and may not be coming from him, might have credence in this case. Photos that are far worse than that have been all over the Internet for more than a decade, and he's supposedly been known to Google himself and look for his own stuff. He's probably been fully aware that there is negativity online about him and that there are some unflattering photos that have been floating around for a very long time, and it hasn't seemed to bother him to the point that he's been prompted to ask for its removal. He hasn't even asked for the very personal letters and documents that Erin auctioned off -- that were posted online -- to be removed. So why would he care about this? I don't know that he has had any hand in this at all.

The notice that was supposedly from Web Sheriff isn't even grammatically correct. Also, there's a set protocol and that's to file a DMCA takedown notice. You can't usually just send someone an email and say "hi, I'm so and so, take down that image," because anyone can do that. You have to fill out a formal DMCA takedown notice, send it to their webmaster or whoever handles their Intellectual Property rights, and go from there. That DMCA notice has to have a lot of information and it's a legal document. None of that seems to be happening in this case. OR, you have your legal counsel send the person a letter. The only other time you can usually get a photo pulled from search or offline entirely is if there's something illegal about it - for instance, the nude photos of those celebrities that were stolen in that major hack. Google pulled them from search results and most websites refused to post them (and suspended anyone who did).

In most cases a celebrity who IS worried about bad search results just buries them in other ways - you can hire Google doctors to manipulate the search results by increasing SEO keywords and pushing the good results up and the bad ones down. Or you generate more good content and that buries the bad stuff. Considering that Axl's on tour with AC/DC right now, there's a GnR tour to come and there's a shitload of media (both press and user-generated content) about it, that's going to happen naturally.

Edited by stella

15 minutes ago, Archtop said:

The pictures below made me laugh most people in England always tried to avoid public phone boxes as they smelt of pee, but looks like these four are having fun.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Perhaps that is Duff's "smells like pee" face. ;)

29 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The mods here closed the thread about it saying the claim is not legit, that it doesn't come from Axl.

What if someone else claimed on his name just to do some wrong to him since he was getting so much praise for the Axl/DC thing?

There's so much jealousy in this world... Everybody wanted that position. He got it. Brian must feel shitted all over. This could be a counterattack from someone...

It's quite possible it wasn't him, imo. But unfortunately for Axl, wether it was someone else or he himself, the damage is already done :(

25 minutes ago, Archtop said:

creeps back in.

I was joking, I need a heavy sarcasm button. It amused me for all the love Slash and Axl get in here that the first pic we get in ages of Izzy he basically gets called a bum. Lol.

I do agree that it's not a flattering photo, he looks gaunt. I know he runs or at least he mentioned it in an interview, so maybe that's why no body fat. 

I wonder if Axl is really behind the removal of the those pictures, we need CSI to find out when the whole thing was initiated. I can't imagine with all the good vibes currently surrounding Axl that it would bother him so much.

Izzy runs? Interesting. Didn't know that, but doesn't surprise me. Also, I think Izzy is just naturally skinny as well. Always was. Before, during, and after drugs. Although he did hit an extremely low point once shortly before he quit drugs for good. I remember him saying that he weighed around 115 pounds (a little over 50 kg) at that time. That's extrmely underweight considering his height :wacko:

(And pssshh, I have a cheesy phone booth picture of me in London as well...)

19 minutes ago, stella said:

The point that this may not be true, and may not be coming from him, might have credence in this case. Photos that are far worse than that have been all over the Internet for more than a decade, and he's been known to Google himself and look for his own stuff, so there's a very high likelihood he has seen them. He hasn't cared. The notice that was supposedly from Web Sheriff isn't even grammatically correct. Also, there's a set protocol and that's to file a DMCA takedown notice. You can't usually just send someone an email and say "hi, I'm so and so, take down that image," because anyone can do that. You have to fill out a formal DMCA takedown notice, send it to their webmaster or whoever handles their Intellectual Property rights, and go from there. That DMCA notice has to have a lot of information and it's a legal document. None of that seems to be happening in this case.

And frankly in most cases a celebrity who IS worried about bad search results just buries them in other ways - you can hire Google doctors to manipulate the search results by increasing SEO keywords and pushing the good results up and the bad ones down.

Wow, you know a lot about this. Good to hear a more informed perspective.

What's that about Axl googling himself and looking for his own stuff though? What did I miss? :lol:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lumikki said:

What's that about Axl googling himself and looking for his own stuff though? What did I miss? :lol:

C'mon, we all do it :lol:

Looking at the picture of Meegan...her clothes remind me of someone...hmm...

AxlRose-furdevil.jpg

:smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

C'mon, we all do it :lol:

Looking at the picture of Meegan...her clothes remind me of someone...hmm...

AxlRose-furdevil.jpg

:smiley-confused2:

Yeah, I know, I was just wondering if I had missed any funny stories or something about Axl googling himself and finding something terrifying or whatever :lol: I've only kept up very sporadically with GnR happenings in the past couple of years. Probably missed a lot of stuff.

As for your second point... well...  :P

4 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah, I know, I was just wondering if I had missed any funny stories or something about Axl googling himself and finding something terrifying or whatever :lol:

Well, that will happen when uncle google helps Axl find this thread :ph34r:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Like 1

I agree that it's very likely that it wasn't Axl who wanted those pictures removed/hidden. It makes absolutely no sense to make a fuss about them now. They've been out there for a good while, and yeah, that particular image isn't pretty and the memes aren't pleasant, but plenty of well-known people have unflattering pics on the Internet. And so what? Most people know that none of us always look our best. I have days when I wake up in the morning and I look like something the cat's dragged in. I have days when I look like that. It happens. Now, thank goodness that the media aren't interested in me, but I can relate, and so can most others, I'm sure. We all know that the person doesn't look like that all the time.

There will always be stupid people on the Internet making fun of other people's looks. You can't stop that. I once watched a video of a female singer, looked at the comments underneath it and there were people having digs at her teeth not being perfect. I hadn't even noticed her teeth. Had a second look and they looked fine to me. :shrugs:I am sure that those posting those type of comments aren't Mr. or Miss Perfect themselves. And the gutter press will always be the gutter press. I once saw an article on Axl and it was a piece that can be summed up as, "Shock horror! People age!" Not something to be taken seriously, and Axl knows that very well.

He's an intelligent man. He knows how to separate the dickheads from those who respect him. He also knows that if you make a move like this, you're only going to make it worse.

Right now, he's on a roll. He's silencing his critics. Winning hearts, even. Even if those pictures/articles/comments were hurtful to him, he'll surely know that the best way to go about it is to shrug it off and replace that one negative impression with the brand-new impression of Axl, the man of 2016. That's the biggest slap in the face of your detractors.

My guess is as well that someone's stirring things. Why, I don't know, but they really need to get their priorities straight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stella said:

The point that this may not be true, and may not be coming from him, might have credence in this case. Photos that are far worse than that have been all over the Internet for more than a decade, and he's supposedly been known to Google himself and look for his own stuff. He's probably been fully aware that there is negativity online about him and that there are some unflattering photos that have been floating around for a very long time, and it hasn't seemed to bother him to the point that he's been prompted to ask for its removal. He hasn't even asked for the very personal letters and documents that Erin auctioned off -- that were posted online -- to be removed. So why would he care about this? I don't know that he has had any hand in this at all.

The notice that was supposedly from Web Sheriff isn't even grammatically correct. Also, there's a set protocol and that's to file a DMCA takedown notice. You can't usually just send someone an email and say "hi, I'm so and so, take down that image," because anyone can do that. You have to fill out a formal DMCA takedown notice, send it to their webmaster or whoever handles their Intellectual Property rights, and go from there. That DMCA notice has to have a lot of information and it's a legal document. None of that seems to be happening in this case. OR, you have your legal counsel send the person a letter. The only other time you can usually get a photo pulled from search or offline entirely is if there's something illegal about it - for instance, the nude photos of those celebrities that were stolen in that major hack. Google pulled them from search results and most websites refused to post them (and suspended anyone who did).

In most cases a celebrity who IS worried about bad search results just buries them in other ways - you can hire Google doctors to manipulate the search results by increasing SEO keywords and pushing the good results up and the bad ones down. Or you generate more good content and that buries the bad stuff. Considering that Axl's on tour with AC/DC right now, there's a GnR tour to come and there's a shitload of media (both press and user-generated content) about it, that's going to happen naturally.

All of your points are brilliant :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if he's offended by the unflattering picture or the memes that use that picture to make fun of him. I think memes are far more offensive than the bad pic.

I agree with the SEO work you suggest but does it work the same way for pictures? I have the feeling that moving pics down the page one results is harder than links and offensive websites.

Axl should hire the most successful SEO/SEM professional and have some work done and he should also work on his own image by losing more weight and stop wearing clothes that are not suit for his age anymore.

This and the autographs thing are two negative things in just one week. I've just read the comments at the Rolling Stone Facebook page and people are saying the real Axl, the douchebag, is crawling back in with this. That it was only a matter of time for him to go back to old deeds.

I hope Angus doesn't get mad at this :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah, I know, I was just wondering if I had missed any funny stories or something about Axl googling himself and finding something terrifying or whatever :lol: I've only kept up very sporadically with GnR happenings in the past couple of years. Probably missed a lot of stuff.

As for your second point... well...  :P

I don't know if he googles himself but he's known for browsing the forums and GNR related sites. Not sure if him or TB. He has addressed some rumors that originated on the Internet, like 2 years ago when they said he had died. He has named specific fans in the shows, or talked about things that happened in forums. Before the reunion was announced all his Twitter account was about were comments on "news". From the giraffe killed in the Netherlands to the Bill Cosby case. So it does look like he spent a lot of time reading the Interwebs.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I don't know if he googles himself but he's known for browsing the forums and GNR related sites. Not sure if him or TB. He has addressed some rumors that originated on the Internet, like 2 years ago when they said he had died. He has named specific fans in the shows, or talked about things that happened in forums. Before the reunion was announced all his Twitter account was about were comments on "news". From the giraffe killed in the Netherlands to the Bill Cosby case. So it does look like he spent a lot of time reading the Interwebs.

There was actually an article a long time ago that claimed that he spent a lot of his time online looking for mentions of himself, and someone claimed to even know the pseudonym under which he supposedly answered fans on one of the old boards (not any of the ones around now). There was also a woman who owned an Axl website who was contacted and invited to one of his Halloween parties with her kids, and she had photos to prove it.

And he's definitely referenced internet stuff, as mentioned above - the rant he made against one of the former mods definitely seemed like it came from someone who had been reading her posts for a while (for the record I didn't approve of some of his word choices but I didn't like her either).

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎05 at 9:09 AM, pinkforgirls said:

This picture isn't cute per se but it is such a cool photo (and I am a sucker for androgyny).

tumblr_mkovfetyqG1rv2o5bo1_500.jpg

I keep coming back to this photo. I'm not sure why, but it is one of the sexiest things I have ever seen. 

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

All of your points are brilliant :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if he's offended by the unflattering picture or the memes that use that picture to make fun of him. I think memes are far more offensive than the bad pic.

I agree with the SEO work you suggest but does it work the same way for pictures? I have the feeling that moving pics down the page one results is harder than links and offensive websites.

Axl should hire the most successful SEO/SEM professional and have some work done and he should also work on his own image by losing more weight and stop wearing clothes that are not suit for his age anymore.

This and the autographs thing are two negative things in just one week. I've just read the comments at the Rolling Stone Facebook page and people are saying the real Axl, the douchebag, is crawling back in with this. That it was only a matter of time for him to go back to old deeds.

I hope Angus doesn't get mad at this :(

Thank you. :) Yes, I would think that Axl/Guns N' Roses could hire some really good social media doctors to work some magic here. With the photos, from what I know it's harder, but if they were to, say, put up a lot of (better) photos and add, say "fat Axl" as part of the description/EXIF data those could rise higher in the search rankings, AFAIK. People would search for Axl and get those pictures first.

I totally agree that a lot of the memes are incredibly cruel. People on the Internet act like complete fuckfaces sometimes, and find it very easy to mock people when they're anonymous. I've heard of other meme victims having a very hard time dealing with their photos being splashed all over the Internet with derisive comments. The thing is, there isn't much one can do about taking those down. If it's a photo of a minor and/or there's something illegal or threatening in some way, maybe. Otherwise, it generally unfortunately falls under freedom of speech and the use of the photo, even if copyrighted, is considered Free Use because it's an editorial comment/satire.

And I agree that regardless of where this is coming from, it's not a good week for Axl, news-wise. He's by all accounts rolling right along with AC/DC and there's that GnR tour coming up, and it's too bad this sort of stuff is coming up now.

43 minutes ago, stella said:

Thank you. :) Yes, I would think that Axl/Guns N' Roses could hire some really good social media doctors to work some magic here. With the photos, from what I know it's harder, but if they were to, say, put up a lot of (better) photos and add, say "fat Axl" as part of the description/EXIF data those could rise higher in the search rankings, AFAIK. People would search for Axl and get those pictures first.

I totally agree that a lot of the memes are incredibly cruel. People on the Internet act like complete fuckfaces sometimes, and find it very easy to mock people when they're anonymous. I've heard of other meme victims having a very hard time dealing with their photos being splashed all over the Internet with derisive comments. The thing is, there isn't much one can do about taking those down. If it's a photo of a minor and/or there's something illegal or threatening in some way, maybe. Otherwise, it generally unfortunately falls under freedom of speech and the use of the photo, even if copyrighted, is considered Free Use because it's an editorial comment/satire.

And I agree that regardless of where this is coming from, it's not a good week for Axl, news-wise. He's by all accounts rolling right along with AC/DC and there's that GnR tour coming up, and it's too bad this sort of stuff is coming up now.

At this point I think it's safe to say he does know w what's going on with him on the web. It's terrible that he takes the matters on his hands, a la St.Louis style, by going personally attacking fans online. Guess he's not much different from how he acts in real life :shrugs:

I didn't know you could do that with pictures. Thanks for the new knowledge! :P

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

As someone said earlier, the timing just seems really suspect, almost as if he is being sabotaged..because when you are feeling great, and confident, and on top of the world, which he probably is right now, you don't go around looking for bad things about yourself, because you just couldn't care less at that particular time..it's when you are feeling down, not at your best, that you would be focusing on the negative things and trying to get rid of anything unflattering. It just doesn't make sense. It's unfortunate timing.

You know, I was halfway wondering the same thing. The timing is incredibly suspect. The tweet about not signing autographs really isn't a big deal, in the scheme of things - there are many, many others who don't sign, or will only sign for payment (ie, you have to buy a photo or book and they'll autograph it, or pay to meet them at a celebrity show), and it's a non-issue. Somehow, it blew totally out of proportion for Axl. The photo takedown is bizarre, too. When I think of it...dude's on tour. He's busy. Would he really have time to go after Internet photographers right now anyway? I wouldn't say it's impossible that he's being sabotaged by someone. He's doing very well right now; not everyone is fond of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

As someone said earlier, the timing just seems really suspect, almost as if he is being sabotaged..because when you are feeling great, and confident, and on top of the world, which he probably is right now, you don't go around looking for bad things about yourself, because you just couldn't care less at that particular time..it's when you are feeling down, not at your best, that you would be focusing on the negative things and trying to get rid of anything unflattering. It just doesn't make sense. It's unfortunate timing.

It really is. Before all this I rarely saw those nasty memes anymore but I just scrolled through my Twitter and it is all out there again. Sad. :(