GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

I remember the really old stuff like Axl calling out a couple of forum posters during a concert and him inviting that lady to his Halloween party. I also remember the Madison incident and I agree that it seemed like he spent a lot of time here reading stuff, judging by that and some other things. Glad to hear there was no other "incident" in the meantime that I was unaware of.

8 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Well, that will happen when uncle google helps Axl find this thread :ph34r:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

May the universe protect both us and him from that fate :lol:

5 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I keep coming back to this photo. I'm not sure why, but it is one of the sexiest things I have ever seen. 

I like it too. I like how androgynous/girly Axl looks there and the expression on his face. And everything's all dark and sweaty :P

Since we were talking about Izzy, I had somehow completely missed this:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-izzy-stradlin-deny-involvement-in-guns-n-roses-reunion-20160304

I don't know how I feel about that guy basically posting a private phone message, but it's good to hear Izzy's voice again. He sounds nice. And a bit done with all the reunion speculation and stuff.

tumblr_o8d1o46vSN1vvz87vo1_400.jpg

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-izzy-stradlin-deny-involvement-in-guns-n-roses-reunion-20160304

I don't know how I feel about that guy basically posting a private phone message, but it's good to hear Izzy's voice again. He sounds nice. And a bit done with all the reunion speculation and stuff.

It's nothing he didn't say in his tweet but they shouldn't have uploaded it unless they checked with him it was ok. But then no one's life is private any more. When Izzy put on that unironed shirt Saturday to go collect his new amp he probably wasn't expecting to see his pic on twitter the next day, complete with criitiques on his appearance LOL.

Anyway, I hope the new toy means he's thinking of releasing some new material soon.

Nice pic, btw. Thanks.

• Like 1

If Axl had lost weight and dressed better for the reunion nobody would give a shit anymore about all the fat pics, sorry but it's his fault. 

He should have worked harder to get in shape. I still see him partying late at night and drinking, it's not healthy for him to do that 

6 hours ago, rustycage11 said:

It's nothing he didn't say in his tweet but they shouldn't have uploaded it unless they checked with him it was ok. But then no one's life is private any more. When Izzy put on that unironed shirt Saturday to go collect his new amp he probably wasn't expecting to see his pic on twitter the next day, complete with criitiques on his appearance LOL.

Anyway, I hope the new toy means he's thinking of releasing some new material soon.

Nice pic, btw. Thanks.

I'm going to go ahead and do some more speculating here ..I can't help but read into the actual wording he used..he says not involved in the "actual shows"..why would he say actual? Wouldn't you just say "im not involved in the reunion; or, Im not involved in the shows"?  To me, Actual indicates a stipulation of some sorts...therefore, I think he must be writing music with them! :P 

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:53 AM, Slash787 said:

"He asked me to stay with him when they broke up. But I was a nanny to Dylan, and I was worried, because the baby was only 2 years old and Stephanie was always travelling, she was never at home."

"She moved to New York and Axl called me to work for him. And I accepted because, between Axl and Stephanie, I had no doubt that I wanted to work for Axl. He won over her 100 to 0"

Beta also said this in an interview which says a lot IMO. I think she may have ( has? )  a bit of a crush on him but he clearly thinks of her as a mother. in fact he calls her Mom I believe. but I digress, here is the text from before mentioned interview ( and how I would have reacted to a move like this is something I keep to myself in fantasies :P )

“Axl is a person who wants to do everything right,” observed Beta. He was “that kind of passionate man a lot of women would like to have in their lives. He was like a charmed prince. He did, for Stephanie, all kind of things you could find in a romantic book. When they were almost breaking up, he went to her house, riding a horse and carrying flowers. The things he did for her could only be read in books of ancient history. What he did doesn't exist in real life anymore! I think a lot of women would have loved to be in her place. I would never leave a man like that.

*swoon*

• Like 1

14 hours ago, killuridols said:

At this point I think it's safe to say he does know w what's going on with him on the web. It's terrible that he takes the matters on his hands, a la St.Louis style, by going personally attacking fans online. Guess he's not much different from how he acts in real life :shrugs:

I wouldn't be so sure - the fact that he used to read the forums a lot means he probably still does (or gets info from TB) and he's shown time and time again that he knows which fans said what, all the theories the fandom's making up, etc. I think he's keeping silent in order not to stir any more chaos around that picture (if it's indeed a plan to sabotage him, which, after reading through the comments, I'm inclined to believe). What's wrong with taking matters in his own hands, though? I find it admirable when people don't run or hide from their problems and face them head on, no matter how uncomfortable or unsightly it may be. He's very brave when standing up to those who are out ta get him. But right now he doesn't seem to be doing that, which gives more credibility to the conspiracy theory. Many people hate him in AC/DC and there's a good chance they could make up something like that - it's the showbiz, after all.

Imo, he should just take better care of his appearance and everyone will forget all about 2009/2010.

9 hours ago, Lumikki said:

This makes me sad. :mellow: I was consciously ignoring reality and holding out hope that Izzy will take part in the reunion somehow, but... It's time to face the music, I guess. I'm praying he'll at least write with them eventually.

15 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Beta also said this in an interview which says a lot IMO. I think she may have ( has? )  a bit of a crush on him but he clearly thinks of her as a mother. in fact he calls her Mom I believe. but I digress, here is the text from before mentioned interview ( and how I would have reacted to a move like this is something I keep to myself in fantasies :P )

“Axl is a person who wants to do everything right,” observed Beta. He was “that kind of passionate man a lot of women would like to have in their lives. He was like a charmed prince. He did, for Stephanie, all kind of things you could find in a romantic book. When they were almost breaking up, he went to her house, riding a horse and carrying flowers. The things he did for her could only be read in books of ancient history. What he did doesn't exist in real life anymore! I think a lot of women would have loved to be in her place. I would never leave a man like that.

*swoon*

I remember this. Axl is such a hopeless romantic, literally every girl's dream. Well, you know, besides the times he goes insane and destroys everything around him and threatens to kill himself/you and asks you to shit during sex etc. But other than that he's a sweetheart who will come into your house like a knight on a white horse and give you roses and write you poetry. :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Who would want to sabotage him?

Some butthurt AC/DC fans? Some butthurt GNR fans? Madison? Vince Neil? Jim Breuer? Slash? :wow: The list goes on. :lol: No, but seriously, Axl has a lot of enemies, I wouldn't put it past them to try something like this. Even Rolling Stone has mentioned it and it's really ruining his image right now, just when he seems to be on top of the world.

@killuridols So about those shoes. :lol: They're awesome, and he looks really good in these pics, albeit still with a big belly and weird hair. <_<

2.jpg.dd3ad7b30d74d39ab0cc272eaf090cce.jpg

• Like 2

Btw. I've seen couple of picture of Axl from today's event and the people who were there speak very highly of him.

Yes it's really him. It's Axl Rose!!! And this experience proves you should never believe what they say in the media! Warm, funny, intelligent, insightful!

Axl Rose - what a great guy :)

super nice! I'm utterly shocked how down to earth he was. And. I've seen stars who can't bother to be nice to fans. And although his security men are complete u know but than himself is a world class act. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well the fat Axl meme is all over my Facebook and Twitter feed today :max: 

I am trying to ignore all the negativity damn it Internet!! 

I need to unplug from social media for a couple of days. 

I just saw the worst place where these news could have made it. Fucking TIME magazine! :facepalm:

http://time.com/4359819/axl-rose-internet-fat-meme/

4 hours ago, starlight said:

If Axl had lost weight and dressed better for the reunion nobody would give a shit anymore about all the fat pics, sorry but it's his fault. 

He should have worked harder to get in shape. I still see him partying late at night and drinking, it's not healthy for him to do that 

That's true. Every time I see those partying late at night pics I go :anger:

1 hour ago, nonok said:

I wouldn't be so sure - the fact that he used to read the forums a lot means he probably still does (or gets info from TB) and he's shown time and time again that he knows which fans said what, all the theories the fandom's making up, etc. I think he's keeping silent in order not to stir any more chaos around that picture (if it's indeed a plan to sabotage him, which, after reading through the comments, I'm inclined to believe). What's wrong with taking matters in his own hands, though? I find it admirable when people don't run or hide from their problems and face them head on, no matter how uncomfortable or unsightly it may be. He's very brave when standing up to those who are out ta get him. But right now he doesn't seem to be doing that, which gives more credibility to the conspiracy theory. Many people hate him in AC/DC and there's a good chance they could make up something like that - it's the showbiz, after all.

That's what I said. I think he still browses the forums and social media.

Whats wrong with taking matters in his own hands? That he does it the wrong way. He gets violent. He insults fans. I don't think that's brave, specially when they are young people.

He shouldn't have said those things to Madison. Very hurtful words with a person he doesn't personally know. But "knowing him" I guess he must have been deeply hurt or pissed off by her to get that reaction. Probably he was drunk when writing all that.

I always feel like he puts a lot of focus on negative things and small things instead of what is important and really matters. Must be some kind of auto-sabotage mechanism.

25 minutes ago, nonok said:

@killuridols So about those shoes. :lol: They're awesome, and he looks really good in these pics, albeit still with a big belly and weird hair. <_<

2.jpg.dd3ad7b30d74d39ab0cc272eaf090cce.jpg

I don't see the big belly here and the hair looks combed :P

Maybe it's just my impression but looks like he dressed up and styled himself better than usual. Like this daylight, not rock n roll kind of thing, made him be more aware of his image since he was going to talk about important topics in front of an audience.

18 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

Yea I love those shoes too. Better than slippery, toe breaking cowboy boots. Stability is priority. 

I hate the cowboy boots :facepalm:

I can't look at the fat Axl memes. i can't take the negative with me to Manchester, I just can't. 

Ive been to see Axl before feeling negative and it took away from the show for me. 

Im practically getting to the point where I have my fingers in my ears going lalalalala

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I can't look at the fat Axl memes. i can't take the negative with me to Manchester, I just can't. 

Ive been to see Axl before feeling negative and it took away from the show for me. 

Im practically getting to the point where I have my fingers in my ears going lalalalala

Ahhh breathe out the negativity ooooommm! Don't let internet trolling ruin your good time! :*

Edited by pinkforgirls
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Look at the pictures from today, he looks great and doesn't seem to be full of negativity :wub:

It will be ok, just focus on the good things ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Oh come on!

Those memes are done by idiot assholes. The pics are from 2010 and you've seen videos from the AXL/DC shows, they are fucking amazing, he's doing great.

Focus on 2016. He's gonna blow your head and you hear the first notes wit his voice. I promise :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

He shouldn't have said those things to Madison. Very hurtful words with a person he doesn't personally know. But "knowing him" I guess he must have been deeply hurt or pissed off by her to get that reaction. Probably he was drunk when writing all that.

I normally wouldn't condone what was said in that incident, and I still think his use of certain words (the bitter lesbian comment) was completely uncalled for. However, having been on this board for a long time and having seen how she treated some people, I was kind of fine with someone finally telling her off. Axl's the only one who could have done it without getting banned. I had the feeling that he'd been reading her stuff for a while, had finally had it, and was pissed off enough to say something. He hasn't done that to anyone before or after, so it seemed like it was really something unique where he'd lost all patience .

Edited by stella

2 minutes ago, stella said:

I normally wouldn't condone what was said in that incident, and I still think his use of certain words (the bitter lesbian comment) was completely uncalled for. However, having been on this board for a long time and having seen how she treated some people, I was kind of fine with someone finally telling her off. Axl's the only one who could have done it without getting banned. I had the feeling that he'd been reading her stuff for a while, had finally had it, and was pissed off enough to say something. He hasn't done that to anyone before or after, so it seemed like it was really something unique where he'd lost all patience .

Ok. I don't know Madison and I wasn't here when she was a mod so I wouldn't know what she was like at the task but such a reaction from Axl comes always from some dark place and stuff he's been harboring for quite some time.

I still don't agree with that way of addressing someone but it's classic Axl :shrugs: