GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

3 minutes ago, Frey said:

I've known some people who were beaten a lot by their parents or husbands who always tended to walk or sit with their back and shoulders all hunched up as well. It's a protective movement that becomes a habit or something, I guess.

He doesn't really seem to hunch a lot while moving around.

Maybe it's defensive. Maybe he's got a bit of kyphosis going on or something.

3 hours ago, Frey said:

Great, now I have the mental image of Beta standing over Axl with a whip in her hand in my head :facepalm:

And Axl has a history of making awful jokes about this topic.

Remember when he said "She beats me all the time. It's an abusive relationship!" about Beta?

Same kind of thing. And he's the last person who should be making jokes about abusive relationships.

It is indeed weird that, allegedly joking, his depiction of Beta and TB is always like that: mean people who mistreat him or command him.

Examples: Beta threatening to leave him if not made manager, Beta beating him all the time, Beta recently calling him an idiot when he asked her to fix the crack in the Philly bell and now this.

People usually use humor to say some truths... Do you think this continue joking Axl makes of TB's character traits is hiding something? Is he aware of what he's joking about?

He claims he was abused by his original family... Why does he joke about that now with this other family?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tiutso said:
46 minutes ago, Frey said:

I've known some people who were beaten a lot by their parents or husbands who always tended to walk or sit with their back and shoulders all hunched up as well. It's a protective movement that becomes a habit or something, I guess.

He doesn't really seem to hunch a lot while moving around.

Maybe it's defensive. Maybe he's got a bit of kyphosis going on or something.

Yeah, I hardly ever notice it when he's moving around. I've mostly noticed it in interviews and pictures from photoshoots, so probably situations where he was feeling uncomfortable or insecure or something.

Kyphosis- wouldn't that be visible even when he's moving around or in all these shirtless pictures of him? I'm not a doctor and I probably haven't looked at him as closely as you guys lol, but I never noticed anything physically abnormal about him.

34 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It is indeed weird that, allegedly joking, his depiction of Beta and TB is always like that: mean people who mistreat him or command him.

Examples: Beta threatening to leave him if not made manager, Beta beating him all the time, Beta recently calling him an idiot when he asked her to fix the crack in the Philly bell and now this.

People usually use humor to say some truths... Do you think this continue joking Axl makes of TB's character traits is hiding something? Is he aware of what he's joking about?

He claims he was abused by his original family... Why does he joke about that now with this other family?

Axl has a dark sense of humor, some people use humor like that to talk about their own painful experiences or to make light of them, because it's easier than falling into a pit of despair or getting too emotional while talking. I tend to do that myself as well, so him joking about it when he was abused himself as a child doesn't really surprise me.

But him continously talking about TB specifically in that way is strange indeed. Like you said, there's often some truth hidden in the things people joke about, so maybe he does feel kind of anxious or insecure about the role TB play in his life?

I can't really picture TB actually beating him or physically abusing him in any way, but maybe he's started to notice some things that are off, especially now that he's started to talk to all his old friends again (maybe they told him about how hard it was to reach him or he heard about calls and messages that never reached him?).

So either that or he's just being really sarcastic and it's nothing but his dark and slightly questionable sense of humor. Hard to tell without actually watching him when he talks about stuff like that or without hearing him talk some more about it.

Edited by Frey

43 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, that's it.

Childhood related maybe?

And like you said, it's not a new development, he's always done that, so...

That could be. Could be a combination of the emotional impact plus the physical repercussions of any injuries that occurred from that which were never treated. Both make sense. I don't know if they've ever done a study on this, but it would be plausible IMHO if kids who were beaten ended up having premature back and neck degeneration or long-term orthopedic issues simply because of the physical effects of being hit so much.

I pulled a few random videos from the old days, you can definitely see it when he's walking around and standing, even in the SCOM video.

Edited by stella

21 minutes ago, Frey said:

Axl has a dark sense of humor, some people use humor like that to talk about their own painful experiences or to make light of them, because it's easier than falling into a pit of despair or getting too emotional while talking. I tend to do that myself as well, so him joking about it when he was abused himself as a child doesn't really surprise me.

But him continously talking about TB specifically in that way is strange indeed. Like you said, there's often some truth hidden in the things people joke about, so maybe he does feel kind of anxious or insecure about the role TB play in his life?

I can't really picture TB actually beating him or physically abusing him in any way, but maybe he's started to notice some things that are off, especially now that he's started to talk to all his old friends again (maybe they told him about how hard it was to reach him or he heard about calls and messages that never reached him?).

So either that or he's just being really sarcastic and it's nothing but his dark and slightly questionable sense of humor. Hard to tell without actually watching him when he talks about stuff like that or without hearing him talk some more about it.

Yeah, I know. But if I was TB I'd be upset because, jokingly or not, sarcastically or not, by saying those things he's forming a public opinion of them and the public opinion of TB is, in general, sort of negative.

He's not helping them, y'know? :lol:

• Like 1

I never knew about this one too, Tell Me the details especially about Axl wanted to buy a house

It's in Mick Wall's book - The Most Dangerous Band in the World in an interview with Slash. It was after the Appetite tour and while making UYI. Axl wanted them to buy a house together and live together and he was supposedly (according to Slash) very much into it and very excited about it. They even watched the houses and were about to pick one but Slash finally decided the ones Axl likes are too elegant for him :shrugs:

Honestly though I think that the real reason Slash backed out was that these were the times of his greatest intoxication and I bet he knew Axl wouldn't let him to get high as a kite 24-hours a day, had he been with him all the time ;) I bet he didn't want that control and too bad cause it sure would do him good.

Anyway the funny thing is that Axl is always portrayed as the one who kept himself at a distance or whatever while a lot of the evidence we have suggest exacty the opposite. He was the one who wanted to live with Slash, he was the one who wanted them to go to Indiana and live and record together there, so it's sort of true that they are twisting things around to an extent. To me it seems that quite often they were the ones running away from him with their drugs in order to escape his control and then making up other explanations for their behavior.

Edited by Asia
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, I know. But if I was TB I'd be upset because, jokingly or not, sarcastically or not, by saying those things he's forming a public opinion of them and the public opinion of TB is, in general, sort of negative.

He's not helping them, y'know? :lol:

Hah yeah, he definitely isn't :lol: Maybe he doesn't realize that or it doesn't matter to him. Axl can be both amazingly obtuse and self-centered at times.

1 hour ago, stella said:

That could be. Could be a combination of the emotional impact plus the physical repercussions of any injuries that occurred from that which were never treated. Both make sense. I don't know if they've ever done a study on this, but it would be plausible IMHO if kids who were beaten ended up having premature back and neck degeneration or long-term orthopedic issues simply because of the physical effects of being hit so much.

I pulled a few random videos from the old days, you can definitely see it when he's walking around and standing, even in the SCOM video.

I was more thinking along the lines of a psychological issue, like I said an ingrained habit or maybe a defensive mechanism that comes out when he's feeling anxious or uncomfortable or something because I've mostly noticed him doing that during interviews and stuff, but you're right. Now that I specifically watched out for it, I could clearly see it in these videos of him moving around as well, especially in that first video.

Your theory makes sense, but I hadn't really thought of actual physical damage from being beaten, because the idea of a child being beaten so hard as to leave lasting physical back damage is rather terrifying.

29 minutes ago, Asia said:

It's in Mick Wall's book - The Most Dangerous Band in the World in an interview with Slash. It was after the Appetite tour and while making UYI. Axl wanted them to buy a house together and live together and he was suppesedly (according to Slash) very much into it and very excited about it. They even watched the houses and were about to pick one but Slash finally decided the ones Axl likes are too elegant for him :shrugs:

Honestly though I think that the real reason Slash backed out was that these were the times of his greatest intoxication and I bet he knew Axl wouldn't let him to get high as a kite 24-hours a day, had he been with him all the time ;) I bet he didn;t want that control and too bad cause it sure would do him good.

Wait, so Axl wanted to buy a house and move in with Slash? Just him and Slash? Not the entire band or something?

If that is true, then :rofl-lol:

All the Slaxl girls here will have a field day with this.

And I can't even blame anyone for that lol. Buying a fucking house is not usually something you do with a buddy.

From that description it sounds like Axl was really excited about playing house with Slash, but Slash was terrified of Axl becoming his nagging wife or something who'd tell him to stop drinking and doing drugs, so he panicked and backed out from that commitment :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Asia said:

It's in Mick Wall's book - The Most Dangerous Band in the World in an interview with Slash. It was after the Appetite tour and while making UYI. Axl wanted them to buy a house together and live together and he was supposedly (according to Slash) very much into it and very excited about it. They even watched the houses and were about to pick one but Slash finally decided the ones Axl likes are too elegant for him :shrugs:

Honestly though I think that the real reason Slash backed out was that these were the times of his greatest intoxication and I bet he knew Axl wouldn't let him to get high as a kite 24-hours a day, had he been with him all the time ;) I bet he didn't want that control and too bad cause it sure would do him good.

Anyway the funny thing is that Axl is always portrayed as the one who kept himself at a distance or whatever while a lot of the evidence we have suggest exacty the opposite. He was the one who wanted to live with Slash, he was the one who wanted them to go to Indiana and live and record together there, so it's sort of true that they are twisting things around to an extent. To me it seems that quite often they were the ones running away from him with their drugs in order to escape his control and then making up other explanations for their behavior.

Thx for the info

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Wait, so Axl wanted to buy a house and move in with Slash? Just him and Slash? Not the entire band or something?

If that is true, then :rofl-lol:

All the Slaxl girls here will have a field day with this.

And I can't even blame anyone for that lol. Buying a fucking house is not usually something you do with a buddy.

From that description it sounds like Axl was really excited about playing house with Slash, but Slash was terrified of Axl becoming his nagging wife or something who'd tell him to stop drinking and doing drugs, so he panicked and backed out from that commitment :lol:

All this Slaxl stories makes Me :dance:

After all I didnt get dose of Slaxl cause Axl with AC/DC now

@stella @MillionsOfSpiders @Blackstar:

Thank you for your nice comments! :hug:

On 3.9.2016 at 0:41 AM, Frey said:
On 3.9.2016 at 8:27 PM, Lumikki said:

tumblr_ocxjizHOjs1veh995o1_1280.jpg

What did your teacher say about you drawing something like that during class? :lol:

He/They didn't say anything because I was careful not to let them see :P

7 hours ago, dgnr said:

I haven't seen a single episode of friends in my life, but I love this lol. It's awesome :lol:

23 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Do You have any interview/video about Duff supporting Axl N' Slizzy :bitchfight: Over Axl? @Lumikki

This was discussed towards the beginning of the thread once. People posted a lot of videos there of Duff supporting Axl on stage when Axl stopped concerts or was upset about something. Duff also defends Axl in his book (and in some interviews, but I can't think of any off the top of my head right now), comparing Axl's issues to his own mental health problems and basically saying that Axl can't help some of the things he does. And he always explains the OIAM lyrics in a way that makes Axl's intentios seem much better than they actually were. 

Slash talks about the thing with Izzy in his book, iirc. I remember him saying something about how he wanted to "pry Axl away from Izzy". Because Izzy and Axl were always together, a package deal basically, but Slash only wanted Axl.

On 3.9.2016 at 1:21 AM, killuridols said:

Slash jeans are way too open, lol. More than usual so yeah, I thought "things" :ph34r:

Lol I don't mind if you want to interpret it that way and think of "things" :P

5 hours ago, tiutso said:

@Lumikki @SerenityScorp Man, have y'all read that fic where the whole fucking premise is that Slash's dick is monstrously big? It's hilarious:rofl-lol:

No, I haven't. Might have to check it out.

Though I'm not sure how well this will work with my suspension of disbelief, considering that we actually know that... well that the opposite of this premise is the case in reality :lol:

17 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

By AxlCole on Axl & Duff interview

"1. When and where Axl and Slash met face to face after so many years "

I have the answer to that.  Someone I know spoke to Slash backstage at one of the shows and according to him, the first voice-to-voice contact was made with Axl calling Slash.  The first face-to-face contact was then made with Slash going to Axl's house for dinner.

:wub::wub::wub::wub: 

All this Slaxl moment ~ :drool: Axl made the first call :D He probably invite Slash for dinner in His house :wub:

I think it went like this: Duff convinced Axl to give Slash a call. Knowing Slash and especially Axl, that call probably turned into a loooong conversation. They probably talked for hours or something and finally decided to continue their conversation face-to-face the next day or the next weekend and Axl invited Slash over for dinner. So they had a nice dinner at Axl's place and probably talked some more (the entire night again maybe, like they used to in the past) because they've got a lot of things to discuss and a lot to catch up on.

17 hours ago, RooSaa said:

Not sure how believable the source is, thinking how many comments on the internet start with: i know someone who met, etc ... and turned out to be made out of thin air.

Axl probably made the first call because Duff asked him too ... all those things happened because of Duff, doubt Axl would have picked up the phone to call Slash if it wasnt for Duff interventing ...

But if this is true, then it must have been kinda awkward for Slash, sitting around the Table with Axl, and the whole Lebais-Family - people who constantly hated on him, etc .. - ... and i am 100% sure that Axls 'family' was at that dinner too, as they never leave him alone ...

I think he is believable, from what I noticed on other threads. Seems to have met some people and knows some people.

And well yeah, of course it was because of Duff. Duff has been working for years to help these two idiots get over themselves. According to Marc, Duff spent a lot of time helping Axl see things from Slash's perspective, helping Slash see things from Axl's perspective, talking them into signing off on things the other guy needed, etc.

And nah, I really don't think TB were sitting around the table while Slash and Axl had their little heart-to-heart. I'm as suspicious about TB as anyone and like to criticize them a lot, but I think Axl is still quite capable of sending them away if he wants to have a private moment with Slash (he has done similar things to Del, Beta, etc. in the past, so we know does that when they're annoying him/when he doesn't want them there).

22 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

Ladies, jump to the "Axl and Duff interview" topic for more details, but apparently this was told by Axl - behind the scenes - to the Brazilian journalist: 

"…the rock star told that his life is totally controlled by a family of Brazilians from Santos, SP...."

Axl's words, according to the article: “This Brazilian family controls my life, whips me and forces me to do things” joked the singer... 

Sure he is "joking" but between the lines our thoughts have been confirmed... Poor Axl. :facepalm:

You know, I think that is actually a good sign. It shows that Axl is aware of what people are saying and thinking about TB. And if he's aware of that, then that means that the possibility of TB controlling/manipulating him, being after his money, etc. has at least entered his mind. 

Got some more things to comment on, but I need to go to bed. Can't stay up to watch crazy Brazilian TV shows, not even for Axl and Duff :max::P

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Frey said:

I was more thinking along the lines of a psychological issue, like I said an ingrained habit or maybe a defensive mechanism that comes out when he's feeling anxious or uncomfortable or something because I've mostly noticed him doing that during interviews and stuff, but you're right. Now that I specifically watched out for it, I could clearly see it in these videos of him moving around as well, especially in that first video.

Your theory makes sense, but I hadn't really thought of actual physical damage from being beaten, because the idea of a child being beaten so hard as to leave lasting physical back damage is rather terrifying.

Yeah, a psychological/PTSD-related reason is definitely a possibility; it's a very self-protective stance. 

I think it's totally possible there's some sort of lasting damage from childhood abuse, sadly. Kids aren't nearly as resilient as people think. When I was very small I got hit in the face with a full-sized shovel (it wasn't abuse, the kid who did it was 3 or 4 - same age as me). Nobody brought me to the hospital because I didn't show any sign of a broken nose or concussion - no nosebleeds, black eyes, passing out, weird appearance of my nose, etc. - but as an adult, when someone did an MRI of my head for a totally unreleated reason, it turned out that the bones had been all broken up at the top and were totally distorted.

There's some thought now that childhood trauma can play a part in later autoimmune disease - not in a psychosomatic sense, but in elevating cortisol levels and changing some of the body's physiological responses - that might go back into the psychological reasons behind it too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

This was discussed towards the beginning of the thread once. People posted a lot of videos there of Duff supporting Axl on stage when Axl stopped concerts or was upset about something. Duff also defends Axl in his book (and in some interviews, but I can't think of any off the top of my head right now), comparing Axl's issues to his own mental health problems and basically saying that Axl can't help some of the things he does. And he always explains the OIAM lyrics in a way that makes Axl's intentios seem much better than they actually were. 

Slash talks about the thing with Izzy in his book, iirc. I remember him saying something about how he wanted to "pry Axl away from Izzy". Because Izzy and Axl were always together, a package deal basically, but Slash only wanted Axl.

Yeah, it seemed like in a lot of instances, Duff was right there to help Axl when he needed it. Here are the two videos that stood out with that from the UYI tour that I can instantly recall - Philadelphia where Duff comes to the front to help sort out the conflict and gives Axl a hug, and St Louis, where if you look closely at like 1:17 you can see Duff's at the front of the stage again and actually gives Axl a hand to get back onstage. Duff's seemed to really have the most objective view of Axl of anyone in the band - it's worth noting that he was the only one who didn't leave in anger when the original band broke down. In his book he says he actually took Axl out to dinner to tell him he was leaving. 

This is the interview where Slash says he didn't want to work with Izzy, 1988:

http://www.scritub.com/limba/engleza/music/Guitar-for-the-Practicing-Musi105205153.php

How did you hook up with Izzy?

When we first met we didn't click musically at all. Izzy and Axl had a band together. I wanted to get Axl and I didn't want to work with another guitar player because I'd never done it before. Working with other guitar players, I couldn't be in control of what was happening on the guitar. I wanted to get Axl away from Izzy, which was impossible.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dgnr said:

It's almost 5:30 am in Portugal and I can't sleep. I just keep watching and rewatching the interview. I think I fell for this band a little a bit more today :wub:

Thanks @dgnr for you invaluable commentary on the interview thread. It was heating up over there, the excitement was building like preschoolers on thier 3rd juice box.

Interviewer: Duff you have collaborated over those years after Guns N' Roses split so to speak... You have collaborated with both Slash and Axl. But Axl and Slash haven't played together in a long time. I want to ask you what was it like the moment when you actually got together with Slash for this reunion? Was it at someone's house? Was it a phone call? What was it like, was it awkward?
Axl: What do you mean, playing together or do you mean-
Interviewer: No, just being together like in the same room. Even before playing.

Axl: Well I had asked for his number and then I'd called him and he was on tour or something and we set up when we going to see each other. Then I think something happened to both of our plans and it didn't happen. Then eventually in October we got together - we had a dinner at my house. Duff and I hung out after that a week or so after. And then it was just like talking and planning. 
Initially we were going to do some kind of promos and stuff, but then other things came up that got in the way of that. Then it was rehearsals. We went down to rehearsal, everything sounded right and we just went to work. Hearing what everything sounded like and just getting ready for the show... and it was all... working, you know?

Edited by SerenityScorp