GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

33 minutes ago, Frey said:

God please no. No more ACDC or any other collaborations after this is done. 

Axl doesn't have many good years left most likely and I don't want him to waste the little time he's got left on shit like ACDC or whatever. 

If it were up to me he'd be focusing on GNR and nothing else. He's wasted enough time already with NuGNR and doing god knows what.

Anyway, just watched the interview.

It was better than expected and the dude here who already described how Axl and Slash reconnected earlier was legit.

I agree with the people who said there was something off about Axl. I don't know what it is, but it seemed like he was on some meds to me or something.

The whole TB thing was just weird in a sad kind of way.

Axl has been full of surprises this year, so it's not impossible to see him doing more in terms of new music in a year than he did in twenty years. But if he can focus only on one thing and I had to choose (like he would ask me lol), of course Ι would prefer him to do it with GnR.

As for Axl being off, maybe (apart from his nervousness about answering some of the questions) he was sick, because he seemed to breath from his mouth.

And yeah, the part about TB was kind of sad. Axl seems to be very sensitive and emotional about this thing.

Edited by Blackstar

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I can't believe they did this interview right before they went on stage. All these years of Axl not being able to get on stage anywhere near on time because he's not mentally prepared, and now he does interviews before he goes on? :lol:

The question is whether it's a possibility that a lot of him going on late was him overthinking it and his performances would've worked out fine if he went up on time every night despite his intuitions.

Edited by tiutso

7 minutes ago, tiutso said:

The question is wheher it's a possibility that a lot of him going on late was him overthinking it and his performances would've worked out fine if he went up on time every night despite his intuitions.

Thats exactly what I always thought. He would have been fine and no one (except for himself maybe) would have noticed a difference.

13 minutes ago, tiutso said:

The question is wheher it's a possibility that a lot of him going on late was him overthinking it and his performances would've worked out fine if he went up on time every night despite his intuitions.

Probably but the guy has always been unstable so that was impossible for him. Doing normal things, being normal, was too much to ask for.

I dont know what he did or what he changed to be able to do it now.

The journalist asked them if they had to give up on something or change something in order to have this reunion and Axl didn't answer the question. Duff did, but talked about CD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Axl has been full of surprises this year, so it's not impossible to see him doing more in terms of new music in a year than he did in twenty years. But if he can focus only on one thing and I had to choose (like he would ask me lol), of course Ι would prefer him to do it with GnR.

As for Axl being off, maybe (apart from his nervousness about answering some of the questions) he was sick, because he seemed to breath from his mouth.

And yeah, the part about TB was kind of sad. Axl seems to be very sensitive and emotional about this thing.

Yeah, he seems to be sick a lot. Judging by what people are saying in various threads he's been sick since this whole thing started basically.

I don't like TB, but I can't blame him for getting sensitive and emotional. He didn't have the family he should have had as a child, he always talked about wanting a family of his own (so it's something that is important to him and that he longs for) and  TB is the closest thing he ever got to having that, except for the early days of the band maybe (though that was more like a bunch of brothers I guess and didn't have that parental element that he seems to like about Beta). 

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The journalist asked them if they had to give up on something or change something in order to have this reunion and Axl didn't answer the question. Duff did, but talked about CD.

He also asked if something changed inside them (meaning their feelings). It seemed like Axl didn't want to answer and Duff came forward to cover for him; or Duff wanted to prevent the answer and protect Axl, knowing that he might get emotional and talk again about Slash's book etc.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He also asked if something changed inside them (meaning their feelings). It seemed like Axl didn't want to answer and Duff came forward to protect him; or Duff wanted to prevent the answer, knowing that Axl might get emotional and talk again about Slash's book etc.

No, I just watched it and Duff didn't even let the guy finish the question. He started responding right away and came up with the CD thing, which I interpret it as him meaning that one of the things he had to change was his approach to something like CD, to the music Axl wanted to do even before they left and couldnt do it, either because they didnt like it or Slash didnt want that, whatever.

I would have loved to hear what Axl changed but he wont say it, haha

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No, I just watched it and Duff didn't even let the guy finish the question. He started responding right away and came up with the CD thing, which I interpret it as him meaning that one of the things he had to change was his approach to something like CD, to the music Axl wanted to do even before they left and couldnt do it, either because they didnt like it or Slash didnt want that, whatever.

Yeah? Duff didn't even let the guy finish the question, because as soon as he realized where this was going he decided to intervene. Most likely for the reasons @Blackstar mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Frey said:
31 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah? Duff didn't even let the guy finish the question, because as soon as he realized where this was going he decided to intervene. Most likely for the reasons @Blackstar mentioned.

Yeah, on the other questions Duff let Axl talk first but on that one he rushed to answer.

16 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

2) Duff :wub: He seemed very supportive and very attuned to Axl's feelings. It was sweet how he showed so much support and enthusiasm for the AC/DC thing and I loved how he immediately killed the "feelings/what changed" question (even though I would have liked to hear more about it because I'm nosy). I think the way he immediately started to talk about the CD thing was kind of awkward (though I think I get what he was trying to say), but I really appreciate how he seemed to want to save Axl from answering that question. Proably still is a very emotional and difficult subject to talk about for Axl. I noticed Duff seemed to watch Axl very closely all the time and usually let him lead the interview, but stepped in when he felt it was necessary. Very Dad-like of him. Dad Duff is so awesome. :heart:

This reminds me of somebody in the other thread suggesting that Duff should adopt Axl lol.

Now that would be an adoptive family for Axl that I could actually approve of :lol:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

@Lumikki and @Frey Duff was born to be a father! :wub:

I kid you not when I say I wish Duff would take Axl to live with him and reeducate him from scratch, teach him "how to be a man" LOL :lol: and put him under strict diet.

But Axl should relax and never contradict Duff with anything. Just let him do what he does best: be a dad :P

image.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Andy14 said:

How's the planning of the party going by the way? Have we come up with something yet? :popcorn:

I need something to look forward to :max:

Well we need to wait they release the dates. They are taking too much time. Give us a joy already, Guns N' Roses. 

Anyway, for me it's on- ish. I'm actually at a moment of my life where I don't have any idea what I'm gonna be doing in a month, between jobs so I don't know if I'll have the money to travel next year. But if I could, as I hope, I owe a visit to a dear friend in Budapest. So if they played there I think that would be a good place for everyone - it's central, the tickets must be cheaper than London or Rome for example, I heard there's a good country for parties. It would be cool. Feedbacks?

7 hours ago, Frey said:

God please no. No more ACDC or any other collaborations after this is done. 

Axl doesn't have many good years left most likely and I don't want him to waste the little time he's got left on shit like ACDC or whatever. 

If it were up to me he'd be focusing on GNR and nothing else. He's wasted enough time already with NuGNR and doing god knows what.

Agree with you. Wish Axl would concentrate on GNR and give 100% for his band. Everytime he is on stage with AC/DC it reminds me that we could have a GNR concert instead ...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

So I finally got around to watching that interview (yeah, late, I know):

Two things that stood out to me:

1) I agree that Axl seemed kind of "off" somehow. I can't put my finger on what specifically it was though. Something about his eyes, the mouth breathing, his over-all body language, some of his weirder reactions to questions. Don't know if he was just nervous and tense or on meds or if I'm just imagining things because we haven't seen him a lot in recent years and it's hard to judge what is normal behavior for him these days and what isn't.

2) Duff :wub: He seemed very supportive and very attuned to Axl's feelings. It was sweet how he showed so much support and enthusiasm for the AC/DC thing and I loved how he immediately killed the "feelings/what changed" question (even though I would have liked to hear more about it because I'm nosy). I think the way he immediately started to talk about the CD thing was kind of awkward (though I think I get what he was trying to say), but I really appreciate how he seemed to want to save Axl from answering that question. Proably still is a very emotional and difficult subject to talk about for Axl. I noticed Duff seemed to watch Axl very closely all the time and usually let him lead the interview, but stepped in when he felt it was necessary. Very Dad-like of him. Dad Duff is so awesome. :heart:

I hate to say it, but yes. Looking at this interview vs. the Jimmy Kimmel interview four years ago (where he was also sick)...he's a lot less animated, etc. Now, part of that could easily be because the subject matter WAS a lot heavier here; it wasn't just Halloween trees and jokes, and it could also have been because this has been uncharted territory for a while. But still. There was something there. Every now and then he seemed to have flashes of animation and humor - like his initial response about TB seemed like his usual dark humor, nothing more- but still.

I agree, I think it's hard to judge what is normal for him these days and what isn't. This could be meds, and unfortunately a lot of them do have major side effects. It could be just how he is now. He's more energized and alive onstage now than he's been in a while, IMHO, so he does seem to be in a good place.

Duff for...president? Prime minister? Axl's adopted brother? Something? The man is amazing. I think that having the interview with the two of them had to make things a lot more comfortable, and Duff did seem to be watching out for Axl. <3

And I love that he mentioned The Smell and that he goes clubbing with his kids. :D

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lumikki said:

So I finally got around to watching that interview (yeah, late, I know):

Two things that stood out to me:

1) I agree that Axl seemed kind of "off" somehow. I can't put my finger on what specifically it was though. Something about his eyes, the mouth breathing, his over-all body language, some of his weirder reactions to questions. Don't know if he was just nervous and tense or on meds or if I'm just imagining things because we haven't seen him a lot in recent years and it's hard to judge what is normal behavior for him these days and what isn't.

I agree with you about Axl. He seems too evasive or too broad in some of his commnets. For example in the begining when he talks about the Coachella guy. The way he is saying thing it seems he had direct talks with the Coachella guy. He seems very open to a reunion from the very begining. I mean Axl doesn't sound like he told Coachella to fuck off when reunion was brought up. He seems to say he was interested in listening the Coachella plan or proposal. He said "it seems real" "then it got more real" I find those comments kinda odd.

Later on when they were discussing Izzy and Adler and the possible original 5 reunion Axl said "I have no idea". I mean you can tell he is not against it. And that's good news. But "I have no idea" What kind of answer is that? Is he talking about his band or what? :lol: I think something like "well... who knows... we will see" would be a  better way to answer that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dgnr said:

Well we need to wait they release the dates. They are taking too much time. Give us a joy already, Guns N' Roses. 

Anyway, for me it's on- ish. I'm actually at a moment of my life where I don't have any idea what I'm gonna be doing in a month, between jobs so I don't know if I'll have the money to travel next year. But if I could, as I hope, I owe a visit to a dear friend in Budapest. So if they played there I think that would be a good place for everyone - it's central, the tickets must be cheaper than London or Rome for example, I heard there's a good country for parties. It would be cool. Feedbacks?

It's annoying me too, no Euro dates announced. Just tell us dates so I can plan my life around them, I'm dreading that they're going to clash with something and I won't be able to go. 

London imo is hugely expensive, just got home from a couple of days there after getting back to the UK from Paris. Can't deny that I have a great time every time I go to London though, don't want to trash the place. 

2 hours ago, Padme said:

Later on when they were discussing Izzy and Adler and the possible original 5 reunion Axl said "I have no idea". I mean you can tell he is not against it. And that's good news. But "I have no idea" What kind of answer is that? Is he talking about his band or what? :lol: I think something like "well... who knows... we will see" would be a  better way to answer that.

Because he can't really foresee what the other two people involved will do, Steven has problems with his back and i can testify that it's long and complicated  and i'm young, Izzy is Izzy and you can really predict what he's gonna do so he has no idea if Steven is gonna be in complete concert shape soon enough and he has no idea what Izzy is gonna decide, i think he was sincere, he truly has no idea :lol:

2 hours ago, giuls said:

Because he can't really foresee what the other two people involved will do, Steven has problems with his back and i can testify that it's long and complicated  and i'm young, Izzy is Izzy and you can really predict what he's gonna do so he has no idea if Steven is gonna be in complete concert shape soon enough and he has no idea what Izzy is gonna decide, i think he was sincere, he truly has no idea :lol:

I believe him when he says he has no idea. But he could use other words to express the same thing

I think Duff was there instead of Slash for two, maybe three reasons:

First, because having Slash there would have made things automatically more tense and difficult. Axl's been hanging out with Duff for longer now and they're probably more familiar and comforatble with each other. And their relationship was never as emotionally charged and volatile as Slash and Axl's. Doing that interview might not have been too big of an issue on Slash's side (though he would have hated it too, because the guy doesn't get tired of mentioning how much he hates doing interviews and that he hates talking about his feelings- combine both of this things and I'm sure Slash was glad to sit this one out), but Axl seemed to get all emotional and looked like he was about to cry just from talking about the Lebeises.

If it was just Slash and Axl and no Duff there to nip personal questions about feelings in the bud, who knows what Axl might have started talking about. Or if he'd actually started crying for real. The media would have had a field day with that. And Slash would probably have died of mortification, because something like that would be exactly the kind of thing he always tries to avoid.

Might sound a bit extreme, but I remember Duff saying something about how Axl is incapable of really lying in a not too long ago interview and Slash said something similar in his book. Combine that with him seeming kind of off emotionally and behavior-wise and I think they might have been legitimately worried about Axl saying or doing something that awkward.

And second, because they wanted someone there to corroborate Axl's claims. It's obvious one reason for this interview was to adress some of the things people were complaining/speculating about on the internet (the song tempos, Slash and Duff playing CD songs, the Lebeis situation, etc.). I remember there were a lot of people doubting Axl when he said that Slash and Duff decided to play CD songs on their own during the China Exchange interview. So they needed either Slash or Duff there to support what Axl said. Both of them can do that, but since Slash was the risky option, they went with Duff.

And a third reason might be that they're planning to do a more in-depth interview with Slash and Axl at some point in the future, and that show wasn't the place for that (or didn't pay the right price...).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cheesecake said:

And here I am thinking otherwise lol (they don't say beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder for nothing haha).

As I was watching the interview -- I came late to the party..having only to go into that thread n watch just today -- I kept telling myself isn't it ironic that the fittest  looking and healthiest person among those 4 (minus Izzy) looks the most haggard (face-wise). I think even Steven looks better than Duff..IMHO.

Am sure @Italian girl and @Mandy123 don't agree lol...

Ha, you know us so well :P

I thought he looked super adorable, all his little smiles and giggles. PLus he said "you know" a couple of times, which made me smile lol