GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

:rofl-lol:

It is strange but I don't like Axl in this interview. The China one caused much more effect on me and he looked and sounded much more natural. But that's just my opinion.

There's something about his posture and his speaking that doesn't look completely right to me. At times he seems out of breath and looks like he breaths through his mouth.

Maybe I feel it unnatural because it was recorded and edited while the other thing was not edited and more like a live thing.

He wasn't hyper in this one while on the China on, IMO, he was more like the Axl I know.

Only moment when he gets really excited and truly happy is the last question about AC/DC. He says he loves that Angus is his boss and will do whatever he wants him to do. Made me feel like if Axl could choose and permanently join AC/DC he would do it without hesitation, even if that meant quitting GNR.

Yes, in China Exchange Axl was more laid back and impulsive, while in this one he seemed more reserved and uneasy. I think it's because this time he was anxious to answer to things people are talking about (TB) and all the speculation going on about the reunion (the Izzy question, Steven, etc.) He wanted to stress that he is not the bad guy who didn't want Izzy involved (and Steven more involved) and who forced Slash to play CD songs (he has said it before that he didn't, but it's different with Duff beside him corroborating it) and at the same time he was cautious not to talk openly and express his feelings (like he did in CE when he said that Slash lied in his book). When he answered about AC/DC, he didn't have all these issues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, in China Exchange Axl was more laid back and impulsive, while in this one he seemed more reserved and uneasy. I think it's because this time he was anxious to answer to things people are talking about (TB) and all the speculation going on about the reunion (the Izzy question, Steven, etc.) He wanted to stress that he is not the bad guy who didn't want Izzy involved (and Steven more involved) and who forced Slash to play CD songs (he has said it before that he didn't, but it's different with Duff beside him corroborating it) and at the same time he was cautious not to talk openly and express his feelings (like he did in CE when he said that Slash lied in his book). When he answered about AC/DC, he didn't have all these issues.

yeah, he knew this was going to be broadcasted to a TV audience in contrast with the China Exchange forum being just an online thing, without journalists.

Probably an interview with Rolling Stone would have been less stressing than this; not the same talking to a journalist over coffee than recording a tv interview.

I hope they consider an interview with a magazine. I think it's a total different environment and much more can be said and explained.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

And here I am thinking otherwise lol (they don't say beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder for nothing haha).

As I was watching the interview -- I came late to the party..having only to go into that thread n watch just today -- I kept telling myself isn't it ironic that the fittest  looking and healthiest person among those 4 (minus Izzy) looks the most haggard (face-wise). I think even Steven looks better than Duff..IMHO.

Am sure @Italian girl and @Mandy123 don't agree lol...

of course I don't :D:D

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

@Slash787you've forgotten to thank me so now I'm angry and jealous :P

Sorry for the late reply my Italian friend, been busy all day, not celebrating, but my aunt is in a very serious condition in the hospital, so we are worried and just praying that she gets better. 

Just now, Slash787 said:

Sorry for the late reply my Italian friend, been busy all day, not celebrating, but my aunt is in a very serious condition in the hospital, so we are worried and just praying that she gets better. 

omg! what a bad news!

I pray for her too... 

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

Only moment when he gets really excited and truly happy is the last question about AC/DC. He says he loves that Angus is his boss and will do whatever he wants him to do. Made me feel like if Axl could choose and permanently join AC/DC he would do it without hesitation, even if that meant quitting GNR.

While I see GNR as Axl's baby and think that he well never quit, what you say is not far-fetched. Out of the og5 Axl has been the only dealing with the band constantly and that could be a blessing but also a curse. It has to be mentally draining and with AC/DC he just jumps onstage, does what he loves which is singing and Angus deals with the rest. 

Overall I think it was a great interview. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

While I see GNR as Axl's baby and think that he well never quit, what you say is not far-fetched. Out of the og5 Axl has been the only dealing with the band constantly and that could be a blessing but also a curse. It has to be mentally draining and with AC/DC he just jumps onstage, does what he loves which is singing and Angus deals with the rest. 

Overall I think it was a great interview. 

What I say actually comes from something HE said during the China Exch talk. Never thought I'd hear that from his mouth but he said at some point he did feel like quitting GN'R completely and doing something else. And maybe that's why he doesn't want to go solo either. Because it is a load of work too. His idea of relaxing from this job was initially to make soundtrack music but I think he has now discovered a new passion with AC/DC.

Too bad AC/DC seems to be on their final times but It'd be great if they can still do something together.

• Like 2

Angus is only 61, he could have another good ten years in him yet. They could put together their own band, him and Axl. Neither of them have done anything besides the bands they're in now. It's gotta be a bit exciting to think about putting something new together. They go together so well, would be a massive shame not to...Axl clearly wants to. 

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Angus is only 61, he could have another good ten years in him yet. They could put together their own band, him and Axl. Neither of them have done anything besides the bands they're in now. It's gotta be a bit exciting to think about putting something new together. They go together so well, would be a massive shame not to...Axl clearly wants to. 

Not sure either of them would want to be starting something completely from scratch at that age.

It should be something more like a collaboration or just keep going under AC/DC with a guest vocalist like Axl.

Angus has to capitalize this moment of having Axl excited and willing to do stuff. Doesn't happen too often! :ph34r:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Not sure either of them would want to be starting something completely from scratch at that age.

It should be something more like a collaboration or just keep going under AC/DC with a guest vocalist like Axl.

Angus has to capitalize this moment of having Axl excited and willing to do stuff. Doesn't happen too often! :ph34r:

Maybe they could do a super group like SuperHeavy or Hollywood Vampires, a side project when they want do, some tour dates without the stress of a whole tour and a full time project and based on the forum most of ACDC fans want the band to call it a day, they wouldn't be any push back from them if they do another project and everyone would be curious to see both of them out of the comfort zone of their respective bands.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, giuls said:

Maybe they could do a super group like SuperHeavy or Hollywood Vampires, a side project when they want do, some tour dates without the stress of a whole tour and a full time project and based on the forum most of ACDC fans want the band to call it a day, they wouldn't be any push back from them if they do another project and everyone would be curious to see both of them out of the comfort zone of their respective bands.

Yes, for that you need Axl to relax a bit bit more about the way he is with his career and music.

Looks like he's more comfortable now but in general he worries too much about releasing music, takes years of thinking, re-thinking, tinkering and going round in circles instead of doing it simple, let it flow, trust in his talent and just let himself go with the music.

If he was that way we'd have much more music from him now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

What I say actually comes from something HE said during the China Exch talk. Never thought I'd hear that from his mouth but he said at some point he did feel like quitting GN'R completely and doing something else. And maybe that's why he doesn't want to go solo either. Because it is a load of work too. His idea of relaxing from this job was initially to make soundtrack music but I think he has now discovered a new passion with AC/DC.

Too bad AC/DC seems to be on their final times but It'd be great if they can still do something together.

I think he felt like quitting at some point because he was frustrated with NuGuns; he stack with it for so many years and it went nowhere. But then he didn't want GnR to end ingloriously, and this is the main reason he decided to do the reunion imo, and not the money. And he did it knowing that it will be the final chapter and, when it's over, there's no going back to any version of NuGuns (while Slash and Duff have their other bands to go to).

And this is also what made him think of getting out of his comfort zone and doing other things besides GnR. He saw AC/DC as an opportunity for that.

I believe that Axl and Angus will do something together, regardless of what happens with AC/DC. I would prefer the collaboration to be something new (ideally a supergroup with Angus, Axl and other great musicians) than AC/DC.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think he felt like quitting at some point because he was frustrated with NuGuns; he stack with it for so many years and it went nowhere. But then he didn't want GnR to end ingloriously, and this is the main reason he decided to do the reunion imo, and not the money. And he did it knowing that it will be the final chapter and, when it's over, there's no going back to any version of NuGuns (while Slash and Duff have their other bands to go to).

And this is also what he made him think of getting out of his comfort zone and doing other things besides GnR. He saw AC/DC as an opportunity for that.

I believe that Axl and Angus will do something together, regardless of what happens with AC/DC. I would prefer the collaboration to be something new (ideally a supergroup with Angus, Axl and other great musicians) than AC/DC.

I agree with this. People were throwing money at Axl for years to try to get him to do a reunion; he wasn't going to do it unless he had a reason that made sense to him and was comfortable with the decision, IMHO. I think AC/DC has been an amazing opportunity for Axl on so many fronts. It's given him a lot of credibility and respect outside of the GnR fanbase, IMHO - everyone was ready to slam his AC/DC work and from all accounts, he's blown them out of the water and has done a great job. I think that might give him more confidence that he *can* work in other band situations and do other projects.

I could totally see Axl doing what Duff does now - being in his "main" group and then branching out to other projects. It would be very cool to see him do something entirely different with Angus or with other musicians. I could see Axl working with Duff on something else, too. I do hope that this version of GNR will continue for a bit, though, because the Big Three seem to be having a lot of fun with it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stella said:

I could totally see Axl doing what Duff does now - being in his "main" group and then branching out to other projects. It would be very cool to see him do something entirely different with Angus or with other musicians. I could see Axl working with Duff on something else, too. I do hope that this version of GNR will continue for a bit, though, because the Big Three seem to be having a lot of fun with it.

We can only dream! I have been wanting Axl to branch outside of GNR for ages. Granted ac/dc isn't my thing at all, but it's still good to see him do that and hopefully, as you say, it gives him some confidence to do other stuff. Ngl, it felt like he was rotting inside nuGNR, when he can be and do so much more.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, stella said:

I agree with this. People were throwing money at Axl for years to try to get him to do a reunion; he wasn't going to do it unless he had a reason that made sense to him and was comfortable with the decision, IMHO. I think AC/DC has been an amazing opportunity for Axl on so many fronts. It's given him a lot of credibility and respect outside of the GnR fanbase, IMHO - everyone was ready to slam his AC/DC work and from all accounts, he's blown them out of the water and has done a great job. I think that might give him more confidence that he *can* work in other band situations and do other projects.

Out of likes. I agree with all of this. It would be amazing if Axl becomes as prolific in recording as in touring and performing with two big bands like he does now. And I think recording with Angus or someone else (which means having to adjust to their schedule) will help him even more.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

God please no. No more ACDC or any other collaborations after this is done. 

Axl doesn't have many good years left most likely and I don't want him to waste the little time he's got left on shit like ACDC or whatever. 

If it were up to me he'd be focusing on GNR and nothing else. He's wasted enough time already with NuGNR and doing god knows what.

Anyway, just watched the interview.

It was better than expected and the dude here who already described how Axl and Slash reconnected earlier was legit.

I agree with the people who said there was something off about Axl. I don't know what it is, but it seemed like he was on some meds to me or something.

The whole TB thing was just weird in a sad kind of way.

• Like 1