GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

By AxlCole on Axl & Duff interview

"1. When and where Axl and Slash met face to face after so many years "

I have the answer to that.  Someone I know spoke to Slash backstage at one of the shows and according to him, the first voice-to-voice contact was made with Axl calling Slash.  The first face-to-face contact was then made with Slash going to Axl's house for dinner.

:wub::wub::wub::wub: 

All this Slaxl moment ~ :drool: Axl made the first call :D He probably invite Slash for dinner in His house :wub:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I have the answer to that.  Someone I know spoke to Slash backstage at one of the shows and according to him, the first voice-to-voice contact was made with Axl calling Slash.  The first face-to-face contact was then made with Slash going to Axl's house for dinner.

All this Slaxl moment ~ :drool: Axl made the first call :D He probably invite Slash for dinner in His house :wub:

Not sure how believable the source is, thinking how many comments on the internet start with: i know someone who met, etc ... and turned out to be made out of thin air.

Axl probably made the first call because Duff asked him too ... all those things happened because of Duff, doubt Axl would have picked up the phone to call Slash if it wasnt for Duff interventing ...

But if this is true, then it must have been kinda awkward for Slash, sitting around the Table with Axl, and the whole Lebais-Family - people who constantly hated on him, etc .. - ... and i am 100% sure that Axls 'family' was at that dinner too, as they never leave him alone ...

7 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

So it was Axl who picked up the phone and called Slash :wub: 

If he really does read this thread...

Thank you Axl for doing that :) 

Just now, RooSaa said:

Not sure how believable the source is, thinking how many comments on the internet start with: i know someone who met, etc ... and turned out to be made out of thin air.

Axl probably made the first call because Duff asked him too ... all those things happened because of Duff, doubt Axl would have picked up the phone to call Slash if it wasnt for Duff interventing ...

But if this is true, then it must have been kinda awkward for Slash, sitting around the Table with Axl, and the whole Lebais-Family - people who constantly hated on him, etc .. - ... and i am 100% sure that Axls 'family' was at that dinner too, as they never leave him alone ...

Even so, still Axl finally want to call Slash. Cause if He doesnt, Axl would never call Slash no matter how hard Duff trying to convice Axl to call Him

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think Axl called Slash because guns n roses were not doing well with that line up. They were reduced to playing tiny venues. 

So, like @Jane M. was saying earlier. They have no problem in being friends when it benefits their careers. Axl is definitely not stupid, and knows full well GNR is a stadium act with Slash in the band. 

Fantastic for all of us fans though. I'm glad fake GNR couldn't hack it in the end and Axl knew he had to call mr top hat :) 

I guess You are right about Him no problem being friends, but I dnt think its because Him thinks it will benefits for Their careers

N' about because GN'R were not doing well with last line up N' reduced to playing tiny venues, Hmmm I dunno

His half Man half beast:P

Edited by SerenityScorp

9 hours ago, stella said:

That right there is a piriformis stretch - if your hips and lower back hurt, sitting can be painful, and sitting with your leg crossed like that can help. :) Not saying that's *why* he's doing it but it's certainly possible that it's not just for the sake of sitting weird...

Wasn't talking about the leg. I mean his shoulders are hunched and his head is pulled in :lol:

6 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

Ladies, jump to the "Axl and Duff interview" topic for more details, but apparently this was told by Axl - behind the scenes - to the Brazilian journalist: 

"…the rock star told that his life is totally controlled by a family of Brazilians from Santos, SP...."

Axl's words, according to the article: “This Brazilian family controls my life, whips me and forces me to do things” joked the singer... 

Sure he is "joking" but between the lines our thoughts have been confirmed... Poor Axl. :facepalm:

I read it. I think Axl meant to be sarcastic about it

48 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Btw, about Yoda, is beta the one who recommend Her to Axl or Axl the one who hires Her after He heard/read about Her from Someone/somewhere?

Axl begun this whole regression therapy/ Yoda BS around 89. There is a RS interview from that year I believe. And also Duff talks about it in his book. Axl met Beta in 1991 when he met Stephanie. So Beta didn't recond him Yoda. Unfortunately Beta didn't help Axl later on. It's a shame she didn't do anything to cut that crap. But nobody else around Axl didn't do much either 

2 hours ago, RooSaa said:

For sure there was a lot of pre-work done by the time the phone call occurred. Not only at a personal level by Duff who had been talking with both of them, but also at a business level by managers, promoters, entertainment business analysts etc, until Axl decided "ok, let's call him to see if we can work something out" (and Slash was waiting for his phone to ring).

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think Axl called Slash because guns n roses were not doing well with that line up. They were reduced to playing tiny venues. 

Yes, probably Axl realized that NuGuns had run its course and it was going nowhere, so maybe he sees the reunion, as long as it can last (he said he wants it to last for a while) as closure. And it's a good one; he plays stadiums again, CD songs are more legitimized as part of the GnR history with Slash playing them, and, most importantly, he seems genuinely happy :)

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Axl begun this whole regression therapy/ Yoda BS around 89. There is a RS interview from that year I believe. And also Duff talks about it in his book. Axl met Beta in 1991 when he met Stephanie. So Beta didn't recond him Yoda. Unfortunately Beta didn't help Axl later on. It's a shame she didn't do anything to cut that crap. But nobody else around Axl didn't do much either 

It was not before 1991 I think. The RS interview was in 1992 (there were also other interviews during that year in which he had talked about the regression therapy stuff). In the 1989 interview he still talked about him wanting to have a good relationship with his stepfather etc.

@Lumikki, I already liked your post, but I want to say it too: your drawings are awesome :)

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

For sure there was a lot of pre-work done by the time the phone call occurred. Not only at a personal level by Duff who had been talking with both of them, but also at a business level by managers, promoters, entertainment business analysts etc, until Axl decided "ok, let's call him to see if we can work something out" (and Slash was waiting for that phone call).

Yes, probably Axl realized that NuGuns had run its course and it was going nowhere, so maybe he sees the reunion, as long as it can last (he said he wants it to last for a while) as closure. And it's a good one; he plays stadiums again, CD songs are more legitimized as part of the GnR history with Slash playing them, and, most importantly, he seems genuinely happy :)

It was not before 1991 I think. The RS interview was in 1992 (there were also other interviews during that year in which he had talked about the regression therapy stuff). In the 1989 interview he still talked about him wanting to have a good relationship with his stepfather etc.

@Lumikki, I already liked your post, but I want to say it too: your drawings are awesome :)

The Yoda issue started around 89 and 1990. Duff says in his book that when they were in studio recording UYI Axl came to him telling a lot of bullshit about past life. Also according to Erin, Axl was already into that past life stuff when they were still married. It's in the People Magazine interview from 1994.

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

The Yoda issue started around 89 and 1990. Duff says in his book that when they were in studio recording UYI Axl came to him telling a lot of bullshit about past life. Also according to Erin, Axl was already into that past life stuff when they were still married. It's in the People Magazine interview from 1994.

Yes, you're right about Erin. It was 1990 then, because I think they hadn't done serious UYI recordings during 1989 apart from the sessions in Chicago in most of which Axl wasn't present.

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I don't know if it's true but i won't be surprised if it's true thet Axl was the one that did the first move, thanks to Duff, the Saint Patron of GNR fans everywhere

This thread is thoroughly lacking in weirdness, lately. No one's even coming around to hate on it. How about I take the weirdo prize away from @Andy14 by saying I just noticed that, in a certain gif of a young Axl in profile, he's smiling and his smile is creepily resemblant of Taylor Swift's. 

5 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

So Slash went to Axl's house? Thank God this time the Nanny din't stop him and I hope the Dinner was not at 4am lol 

• Like 1

After 30+ years, many interviews, documentaries and books, I think it's safe to say none of the AFD 5 liked each other.

Which is why Slash said a million times that he loves Axl, Axl said quite a few times that he loves Slash and called their relationship a real marriage, Slash, on the other hand, called his relationship with Axl the closest and longest in his life, probably also for this reason Axl wanted to buy a house together with Slash and was in depression for 20 years after the person he never even liked left him :P

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

So Slash arrives at Axl's house and Rings the bell

Beta:- Who is it

Slash:- Its me......Slash.....

Axl:- BETA!, who is there at the gate?

Beta:- THE DEVIL HAS ARRIVED! 

LOL!!

Slash must have got through the auror detector and his vibes must have smelt rosey that day :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

So Slash went to Axl's house? Thank God this time the Nanny din't stop him and I hope the Dinner was not at 4am lol 

Lol true, I guess this time Axl invite Slash for dinner

39 minutes ago, Asia said:

Which is why Slash said a million times that he loves Axl, Axl said quite a few times that he loves Slash and called their relationship a real marriage, Slash, on the other hand, called his relationship with Axl the closest and longest in his life, probably also for this reason Axl wanted to buy a house together with Slash and was in depression for 20 years after the person he never even liked left him :P

I never knew about this one too, Tell Me the details especially about Axl wanted to buy a house

1 hour ago, tiutso said:

This thread is thoroughly lacking in weirdness, lately. No one's even coming around to hate on it. How about I take the weirdo prize away from @Andy14 by saying I just noticed that, in a certain gif of a young Axl in profile, he's smiling and his smile is creepily resemblant of Taylor Swift's. 

Here is THE picture where he looks like Taylor Swift heh heh axl_rose_0004_620px.jpg