GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

39 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

So what's the story of grandpa Angus and his schoolboy outfit? 

I've never been an AC/DC fan :smiley-confused2:

The original uniform was from his secondary school, Ashfield Boys High School in Sydney. By 1973, Angus had long left school. His sister Margaret suggested he wear the uniform after Malcolm asked each band member to come up with their own gimmick.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

I know, right? I use to think that. But, maybe the ACees expect it of him? They still enjoy it and he sees that. On the other hand, it may be for himself as well,  it may put him in his musical element and bring back some memories, etc...I have a sprite granny and no one can tell her she's too old to do anything! Or that she's old! So, when I see Granpa Angus really digging it up on stage, I think GO Gramps GO! Who knows when it will be thier last ?

It's their trademark. Even people who don't listen to ACDC and aren't able to tell the name of even one song can somehow associate acdc with the schoolboy outfit. The same with GNR, a lot of people tell you "Oh Gnr, that's the guy with a bandana and the guy with a top hat, right?" So I don't think Angus wil ever get rid of it.

Maybe @Rock Hopper can tell us something more about the outfit, whether it was just an idea back then or whether there's a deeper meaning behind it.

edit: @Slash787 has just answered the question :headbang:

Edited by Andy14
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

oh we are talking about baby Axl? This is in my phone because look at that face. 

IMG_20160606_232436.jpg

I look at these photos, and the Hollywood Rose ones, and all I can think is, my God, he's such a baby here. Even though he'd obviously been through shit by this point, there's a real aura of naivete. Something in the eyes. It's remarkable how much more urban and sophisticated he looks just a few years later.

15 minutes ago, stella said:

I look at these photos, and the Hollywood Rose ones, and all I can think is, my God, he's such a baby here. Even though he'd obviously been through shit by this point, there's a real aura of naivete. Something in the eyes. It's remarkable how much more urban and sophisticated he looks just a few years later.

f5eaaa9a0d5e197305c0969f0e4fd376.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Axl_Fetish said:

Axl looks like a GIANT man here next to wee Grandpa Angus.

I didn't notice before (don't pay much attention to AC/DC) but YEAH...how tall is Angus? Axl towers over him, and doesn't happen often. No wonder he could pull off that schoolboy suit all these years.

43 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Used to...tens of yrs ago. When Rory was still a kid. Not now with the new season (on Netflix right? I don't really follow its news now). Share....

It only finished 9 years ago! Stop trying to make me feel old :P

Well I was listening to a podcast (Gilmore Guys) and they were interviewing Scott Patterson who played Luke. They asked him which members of the cast he was closest to, and Scott said he was good buddies with Sebastian Bach (who was in the series for a few years). He said Baz took him to hang out in The Rainbow one night, and then one other time they went to Axl Rose's house to hang out. Unfortunately he didn't say much about it, but I thought that was really strange to hear. It's like my GNR fandom is following me around.. wherever I go lol.

Little does he know GNR fans around the world would love to know the details!

7 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

It only finished 9 years ago! Stop trying to make me feel old :P

Well I was listening to a podcast (Gilmore Guys) and they were interviewing Scott Patterson who played Luke. They asked him which members of the cast he was closest to, and Scott said he was good buddies with Sebastian Bach (who was in the series for a few years). He said Baz took him to hang out in The Rainbow one night, and then one other time they went to Axl Rose's house to hang out. Unfortunately he didn't say much about it, but I thought that was really strange to hear. It's like my GNR fandom is following me around.. wherever I go lol.

Little does he know GNR fans around the world would love to know the details!

That's an interesting bit to know...I wonder WHEN did it happen...was it during the dark times...wished the interviewer dug deeper into that part.

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

That's an interesting bit to know...I wonder WHEN did it happen...was it during the dark times...wished the interviewer dug deeper into that part.

Yeah it could have been any time between 2004-2007 so either just before the 06 tour, or just before CD dropped.. a very interesting time indeed. There's a possibility he may have heard some things we haven't too..

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

Baz and Axl didn't start talking again until around the time of the Hammerstein shows, apparently - that's 2006. And the show was cancelled in 2007. So that seems as though the party would have been in that 2006 - 2007 era when Axl was out and about a lot...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stella said:

Baz and Axl didn't start talking again until around the time of the Hammerstein shows, apparently - that's 2006. And the show was cancelled in 2007. So that seems as though the party would have been in that 2006 - 2007 era when Axl was out and about a lot...

Yes, it must have been around that time. Axl and Baz may have started talking on the phone some time earlier (iirc Baz has said that Axl had called him by the time VR had been auditioning singers) but they hadn't seen each other before 2006.

37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, it must have been around that time. Axl and Baz may have started talking on the phone some time earlier (iirc Baz has said that Axl had called him by the time VR had been auditioning singers) but they hadn't seen each other before 2006.

Was their first meeting actually that radio interview (trunk iirc)? That's a cool moment. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

This kinda feels like Slash N' Axl fight over Sebastian Bach.