GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

18 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

So well do you think Erin would be there at the Atlanta show? 

Yeah, I'm curious about that as well. She wasn't at the GNR concert there though, right? But then again, maybe she didn't feel like it because she already saw them in NY...

And yeah, she'd have a hard time getting to him. Erin's probably really high on the list of people TB want to shield Axl from.

20 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I love this pic. Does anybody know who made it?

Pic? You quoted a video.

7 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

If Axl was doing well enough to be able to walk around his house, then I have a hard time believing he would have put up with some annoying producer following him around banging spoons together. A weird story indeed.

Maybe he was shuffling around the house all apathetic and zombie-like. Or maybe the guy just barged into every room Axl was currently occupying to annoy him with his spoons. But yes, weird story indeed. Depressed or not, I can't picture Axl tolerating shit like that for long, unless he was really, really, frighteningly out of it.

2 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, I'm curious about that as well. She wasn't at the GNR concert there though, right? But then again, maybe she didn't feel like it because she already saw them in NY...

And yeah, she'd have a hard time getting to him. Erin's probably really high on the list of people TB want to shield Axl from.

After the Erin being at Axl's show back in 2011 surfaced, Im sure TB knows that Erin is in Atlanta and would come to the future shows. 

So I guess whenever Axl comes to Atlanta or does a show in Atlanta, they would be pretty careful. 

I guess the only way Erin could meet Axl is through Slash. 

14 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

After the Erin being at Axl's show back in 2011 surfaced, Im sure TB knows that Erin is in Atlanta and would come to the future shows. 

So I guess whenever Axl comes to Atlanta or does a show in Atlanta, they would be pretty careful. 

I guess the only way Erin could meet Axl is through Slash. 

Yeah, you're right. Surprised she hasn't made use of her connection to Slash via Meegan yet. That'd be her absolute best chance to get to Axl.

8 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Is Erin still posting stuff about Axl on her insta or she got tired of it? 

Erin doesn't post much on her insta in general, so it's hard to tell. And it's not like she ever posted tons of Axl stuff anyway. Just every now and then if something caught her attention.

10 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I don't see a video!

It's showing the video of Sorum kissing Duff to me in your quote, even after refreshing my browser. But going by who you quoted, it should be the photoshopped Slaxl picture right? Weird. And no idea who made that, sorry lol. The only photo manip I know the creator of is the one of pregnant Axl and baby daddy Slash done by Lumikki here recently lol.

Edited by Frey

9 minutes ago, Frey said:

It's showing the video of Sorum kissing Duff to me in your quote, even after refreshing my browser. But going by who you quoted, it should be the photoshopped Slaxl picture right? Weird. And no idea who made that, sorry lol. The only photo manip I know the creator of is the one of pregnant Axl and baby daddy Slash done by Lumikki here recently lol.

lol I definitely didn't mean to post a video of Sorum kissing Duff. Yes, it's supposed to be the Slaxl pic.

48 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

If Axl was doing well enough to be able to walk around his house, then I have a hard time believing he would have put up with some annoying producer following him around banging spoons together. A weird story indeed.

One can walk around their house and still be very sick, though. Most people with long-term illnesses do have good and bad days - they might seem almost normal on their good days but they pay for it later. Yul Brynner did two and a half hour Broadway shows when he had terminal cancer. My grandmother had cancer and died in a hospice - they absolutely encouraged people to walk around even with IV poles because it helped keep from bedsores and made them more comfortable.

And there's nothing about depression or other mental illness that would stop someone from walking either. They might not have the energy to do much if they were in a very depressive state but they could certainly walk around their house most of the time.

Edited by stella

3 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

lol I definitely didn't mean to post a video of Sorum kissing Duff. Yes, it's supposed to be the Slaxl pic.

Don't worry, I can see the Slaxl pic, it's @Frey who sees kissing guys everywhere :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stella said:

One can walk around their house and still be very sick, though. Most people with long-term illnesses do have good and bad days - they might seem almost normal on their good days but they pay for it later. Yul Brynner did two and a half hour Broadway shows when he had terminal cancer. My grandmother had cancer and died in a hospice - they absolutely encouraged people to walk around even with IV poles because it helped keep from bedsores and made them more comfortable.

And there's nothing about depression or other mental illness that would stop someone from walking either.

Still I think he would have had the producer kicked out of his house unless his depression was so bad that he was totally unable to function.

49 minutes ago, Frey said:

Erin doesn't post much on her insta in general, so it's hard to tell. And it's not like she ever posted tons of Axl stuff anyway. Just every now and then if something caught her attention.

This is her last post

Never-forget.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

He loves watching his boots in motion and kicking them this way and that. :P Ohhhhh how he loves those boots lol!!!

No, he doesn't! :max: Please, Axl, tell me you don't like the boots :nervous:

The hats, the boots...the next step will be Axl wearing grandpa Angus's schoolboy outfit :smiley-confused2:

13 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

No, he doesn't! :max: Please, Axl, tell me you don't like the boots :nervous:

The hats, the boots...the next step will be Axl wearing grandpa Angus's schoolboy outfit :smiley-confused2:

Angus' s schoolboy outfit?! Awww, hell no! Axl better not go there haha. But yeah I am sad to say he is totally, absolutely, positively in love with his boots. He can't take his eyes off them! :lol: 

Image result for arnold schwarzenegger angus young Can't look any worse than Arnie.

33 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Angus' s schoolboy outfit?! Awww, hell no! Axl better not go there haha. But yeah I am sad to say he is totally, absolutely, positively in love with his boots. He can't take his eyes off them! :lol: 

34 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:46 PM, stella said:

That's the sad thing - whenever one of these celebrities/rock stars dies, everyone's slavishly praising them left, right and center...when Prince and David Bowie died, there were people praising them on my social media who had never said two words about either of them before, and now suddenly were crushed. I think at some point a lot of people just follow the herd.

Anyway, it makes you wonder why nobody bothers saying nice things or being kind to these celebrities when they're alive (the same is true for non-celebs - Aunt Millie dies, and everyone ignored her for years and never visited her, and yet everyone comes out of the woodwork at her funeral, etc...). The same people who are treated like punching bags when they're alive are suddenly revered by the press when they're dead.  Amy Winehouse was subjected to a lot of really nasty press when she was alive, and there were lots of lulz looking at those photos of her when she seemed to be doing drugs onstage, and the magazines didn't mind printing and posting them, but suddenly she was dead and hey, it wasn't so funny anymore, was it?

I really wish society in general would stop commenting negatively on weight too, FWIW. It's nobody's business what someone weighs. So someone's chubby. So someone else is very thin. So? It's their body, and when everyone mocks it, it makes people uncomfortable in their own skin. Axl could look like Jabba the Hutt, if he sings well, that's what matters IMHO.

If any of you are in your 40's or 50's, bodies change, and are harder to maintain, even with diet and exercise.. I guarantee none of us could rock on stage like they do for 2 to 3 hours without panting and breathing like a bull.

9 minutes ago, traciij said:

If any of you are in your 40's or 50's, bodies change, and are harder to maintain, even with diet and exercise.. I guarantee none of us could rock on stage like they do for 2 to 3 hours without panting and breathing like a bull.

Exactly! Expecting them to be the same as they were in their 20s is totally unrealistic. The body doesn't work the same way when it's 50 that it did when it was 20. Yes, there are some people in their 50s and older who seem to have boundless energy but even they've slowed down from their 20s. Steven Tyler doesn't do his flips onstage anymore for instance...

4 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

He loves watching his boots in motion and kicking them this way and that. :P Ohhhhh how he loves those boots lol!!!

I'm just going to delude myself by telling myself he's got orthotics and other orthopedic support in those boots that we just can't see...

• Like 2