GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

20 hours ago, KMS said:

And about social media vs real life discussion, I remember reading the comments on Perla's IG (well, I must have really to much free time obviously... :facepalm:) and some say, that she's so great mother because shows pictures of her sons on IG, while Slash must be horrible dad and doesn't even spend time with them, because there is no boys pictures on his IG :facepalm:. I mean, WTF, since when showing or not your kids on social media make you good or bad parent??!! What is wrong with these people? As I mentioned before I'm completely out of any social media, so does it mean I'm dead or something :lol:. I guess, according to Perla followers, I am...

I remember those comments too ... I rather see Slash not posting anything about his kids than Perla posting too much about them, using them for her attention, etc ... Also those weird fans who say that Perla is a stronger and better Person than Meegan, because she has her account public and Meegan has hers private ... some 'fans' are really weird ...

Reading Slash`s Book, i get the feeling that both Meegan and Slash lived in two seperate worlds while being in a relationship. He most of the time high or drunk or both, she doing a lot of shopping or being away somewhere else. When they were together they did nice stuff. He treated her harshly at times  but he never beat Meegan, i dont think he ever mentioned cheating on her (maybe he forgot to mention it or it didnt really happen.) He stated that Meegan was sweet and fine but also very naive and that he realized that he didnt want to invest time, etc .. in a relationship at that time.

Both are older and different people now than they have been back in the days. Both are parents now, both have been through a divorce. Slash is sober and clean. People change. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Yeah, it's got to be the same Meegan...also as you mentioned, guess he's just not that great of a speller of women's names..or people he is perhaps indifferent to at the time...(he's always spelled Axl's name correctly though! ;))

Aside from the various spelling fails, by his own admission in his book he was fucked up most of them and his memorie weren't the clearest, so, yes, the timeline may be unclear but the facts should be true.

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Speaking of Slash and Meegan...

:dance:

AWWWW :wub: I thought he wouldn't go when he wasn't with Duff but he did go! Meegan seems to be having fun too :lol: (they're maintaining a respectable distance from TB)

About Axl/DC, the bit about the album was an invetion of the rapidfire dude, the journo never said that like @Blackstar said and @Rock Hopper would correct me if i'm wrong but as i understood reading the ACDC forum, their MO is Five years stop, album and tour so Axl could swing both.

3 hours ago, giuls said:

Aside from the various spelling fails, by his own admission in his book he was fucked up most of them and his memorie weren't the clearest, so, yes, the timeline may be unclear but the facts should be true.

AWWWW :wub: I thought he wouldn't go when he wasn't with Duff but he did go! Meegan seems to be having fun too :lol: (they're maintaining a respectable distance from TB)

About Axl/DC, the bit about the album was an invetion of the rapidfire dude, the journo never said that like @Blackstar said and @Rock Hopper would correct me if i'm wrong but as i understood reading the ACDC forum, their MO is Five years stop, album and tour so Axl could swing both.

They have released 4 albums since 1990, but just because it's been about 5 years per album, doesn't mean it will remain that way.  If Angus is motivated, and has some tunes already, which I assume he does, and Axl is motivated, any new album/tour could come a lot quicker.  AC/DC 45th aniversary is 2018.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

100% Angus Young is my new hero, he knocked Axls hat off his head last night!! :lol: :headbang:

Angus is great isn't he.  Hopefully if they carry on, this will become a regular occurance.:wub:

Edited by Rock Hopper
  • Like 4

Sorry to change the subject. I need your advice. I'm thinking about buying the book Watch You Bleed. Is it worthy? I mean over the years I read books and interviews. I also watched documentaries. I don't want to read about stories and events that I already know.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

Sorry to change the subject. I need your advice. I'm thinking about buying the book Watch You Bleed. Is it worthy? I mean over the years I read books and interviews. I also watched documentaries. I don't want to read about stories and events that I already know.

Haven't read it myself, but I remember other people saying it is terrible. So basically the same as every other book about GNR. I get the impression the only GNR books worth reading are Slash and Duff's.

Edited by Frey

47 minutes ago, Padme said:

It's not got anything in it that you wouldn't already know. It's a fairly entertaining read though, but nowhere near as good as Slashs book. 

1 hour ago, Rock Hopper said:

They have released 4 albums since 1990, but just because it's been about 5 years per album, doesn't mean it will remain that way.  If Angus is motivated, and has some tunes already, which I assume he does, and Axl is motivated, any new album/tour could come a lot quicker.  AC/DC 45th aniversary is 2018.

Angus is great isn't he.  Hopefully if they carry on, this will become a regular occurance.:wub:

That hat took off like a flying saucer!! Let's hope the aliens have got it now.

44 minutes ago, Frey said:

Haven't read it myself, but I remember other people saying it is terrible. So basically the same as every other book about GNR. I get the impression the only GNR books worth reading are Slash and Duff's.

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's not got anything in it that you wouldn't already know. It's a fairly entertaining read though, but nowhere near as good as Slashs book. 

Ok thanks for the help. I won't even bother then

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

Ok thanks for the help. I won't even bother then

I also read Adler's book, after the other 2, they all give you a nice overview of the early days, and many of the same stories are told, re: GnR. I enjoyed them all. I recommend Duff's book first, then Slash and then Adler's.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

I also read Adler's book, after the other 2, they all give you a nice overview of the early days, and many of the same stories are told, re: GnR. I enjoyed them all. I recommend Duff's book first, then Slash and then Adler's.

I have read Slash and Duff books. Not Adler's book because he wasn't around during the UYI Tour nor around the time of the band's break up. So I don't have his side of the story.