What do you think about the lyrics of the new Izzy's song FP Money?

Fede

Patience
"The motivation for the track is generally accepted to be the troublesome relationship between Axl Rose and his now ex-wife Erin Everly, though this was never stated in the album or interviews. According to bass guitarist Duff McKagan, "Axl came up with a great lyric, seemingly out of nowhere, that of course became the story and melody of that song."[6] It has also been stated by the band that Izzy wrote the song about his ex-girlfriend Angela Nicoletti McCoy."

14 Years
"It has been speculated to be about Rose's and Stradlin's friendship, with people pointing out that they'd known each other for 14 years by the time the song was supposedly written, but this has never been confirmed by the band, and many of the lyrics contradict this idea. It is more likely that this song about a guy that has had a long relationship with a girl that has been a constant burden to him and he lets out all of his feelings in this song. Izzy was still very young when he wrote this song and never had such a relationship of his own so he must have used someone else's relationship as an inspiration for this song."

Source: wikipedia

Izzy's written and covered a ton of songs that are probably about Axl and GnR:

F.P. Money: Obviously about the reunion situation.

Take a look at that guy: I don't think it's a coincidence that he picked that song to cover, the lyrics just fit his situation and his relationship with Axl perfectly.

Stuck in the middle with you, etc: Same as above.

Bleedin': I also think this one is definitely about Axl.

@SerenityScorp There's also this line:

"Now time has passed you're an old man, way up there high on the hill".

How many men does Izzy know that are old now and live high up on a hill and just can't get over a woman, and are still obsessed with her, even after all these years? Only one most likely. Bleedin' is like Izzy's advice song to Axl lol.

14 Years: I could swear I remember Izzy saying that he told Axl the song was about a woman, so that he wouldn't get mad at him, but actually it's about his and Axl's relationship. Also, Axl and Izzy had both written a song called 14 Years, and they kind of smushed them together into one song, so that might explain why some of the lyrics don't seem to fit. But I think 95% of the lyrics perfectly decribe Izzy's feeling about Axl anyway, so it's not a lot that doesn't fit. And of course Izzy and Axl had known each other for 14 years when the song was written, which is a fact, so the song being about the two of them seems way more plausible than it being about some other men's relationship with a women or a fictional relationship with a woman. Especially considering that Izzy mostly seems to write about things going on in his own life.

Patience: Is about Angela Nicoletti.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Izzy's written and covered a ton of songs that are probably about Axl and GnR:

F.P. Money: Obviously about the reunion situation.

Take a look at that guy: I don't think it's a coincidence that he picked that song to cover, the lyrics just fit his situation and his relationship with Axl perfectly.

Stuck in the middle with you, etc: Same as above.

Bleedin': I also think this one is definitely about Axl.

@SerenityScorp There's also this line:

"Now time has passed you're an old man, way up there high on the hill".

How many men does Izzy know that are old now and live high up on a hill and just can't get over a woman, and are still obsessed with her, even after all these years? Only one most likely. Bleedin' is like Izzy's advice song to Axl lol.

14 Years: I could swear I remember Izzy saying that he told Axl the song was about a woman, so that he wouldn't get pissed. But actually it's about his and Axl's relationship. Also, Axl and Izzy had both written a song called 14 Years, and they kind of smushed them together into one song, so that might explain why some of the lyrics don't seem to fit. But I think 95% of the lyrics perfectly decribe Izzy's feeling about Axl anyway, so it's not a lot that doesn't fit.

Patience: Is about Angela Nicoletti.

Well We dunno if its about Axl, could be His old Friends tht not in the GN'R

If Izzy make a song about Axl, it probably about His complaint or dislike towards Axl

Edited by SerenityScorp

4 hours ago, Billsfan said:

even though he's never been reliable

really?

how is that?  

did izzy have an appointment and never showed up?

has izzy been late to his commitments?

has izzy cancelled any shows? has izzy cancelled any tours?

has izzy promised to do one thing to someone but never really did it?

was izzy 3 hours late to go onstage on his last tour?

===

by all accounts, except for a few problems on the Ju Ju Hounds Tour, izzy never missed a show

izzy was never late to go onstage

izzy doesnt miss rehearsals

izzy doesnt cancel tours

etc etc etc

===

after izzy left GNR and finished the Ju Ju Hounds touring days, he probably had ZERO commitments

he didnt have to respond to record companies, to bandmates, to no one

he released his albums on his own time

so unless you know something that we dont know there is no way for you to say that izzy is unreliable

===

yes, duff and slash have said many times that izzy comes and goes whenever he wants

but if you red their accounts, its not like he says "hey guys i am staying with you and doing this and that..." and then disappears

its not like he commits to something then abandons it

no

apparently izzy just didint want to get attached to the particular and specific commitments that these guys were involved at the time

apparently likes to be free

thats probably all there is to it -- and that has nothing to do with being reliable

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

If Izzy make a song about Axl, it probably about His complaint or dislike towards Axl

Didn't Izzy and Axl reconcile like 10 years ago? They played together for 14 shows in 2006 and looked seemingly happy about it. 

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Where You read tht?

Actually I read somewhere in the GNR Thruth Board and it makes sense, don't you think?

They said all the songs Izzy has posted on his twitter had lyrics related to that.

But who will really know the truth? That's my guess.

I would like to think "I was here befor you" was written about Axl, :bitchfight:

He writes hell of a lot songs about running away, he obviously has flight not fight  instinct. (Often seen as an acute stress response) Ha ha make of that what you will.

I said in the other post about this song, on first listen I also heard " They can fight about mone" and immediately jumped to the conclusion  he was having a dig.

What ever Izzy's motives behind his lyrics, and I could speculate all day it's great to hear  him. I was really thrown by the colab with Matt would have loved to be a fly on the wall when that went down.

Edited by Archtop
Stupid
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

really?

how is that?  

did izzy have an appointment and never showed up?

has izzy been late to his commitments?

has izzy cancelled any shows? has izzy cancelled any tours?

has izzy promised to do one thing to someone but never really did it?

was izzy 3 hours late to go onstage on his last tour?

===

by all accounts, except for a few problems on the Ju Ju Hounds Tour, izzy never missed a show

izzy was never late to go onstage

izzy doesnt miss rehearsals

izzy doesnt cancel tours

etc etc etc

===

after izzy left GNR and finished the Ju Ju Hounds touring days, he probably had ZERO commitments

he didnt have to respond to record companies, to bandmates, to no one

he released his albums on his own time

so unless you know something that we dont know there is no way for you to say that izzy is unreliable

===

yes, duff and slash have said many times that izzy comes and goes whenever he wants

but if you red their accounts, its not like he says "hey guys i am staying with you and doing this and that..." and then disappears

its not like he commits to something then abandons it

no

apparently izzy just didint want to get attached to the particular and specific commitments that these guys were involved at the time

apparently likes to be free

thats probably all there is to it -- and that has nothing to do with being reliable

Izzy comes and goes. Those aren't stadium tours with serious money on the line. Nice job wasting your time tho :lol:

3 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Izzy comes and goes. Those aren't stadium tours with serious money on the line. Nice job wasting your time tho :lol:

wow!

thanks so much for providing so much information that totally exposes izzy as a completely unreliable person!

i had no idea that he has canceled so many things, that he has let down so many people and did all these other things that you mentioned!

its truly amazing the amount of info you provided!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by ludurigan

3 hours ago, Archtop said:

I would like to think "I was here befor you" was written about Axl, :bitchfight:

I Was Here Before You has Rick Richards Lyrics, no?

There is that piece of home recording just before the song and it seems to be Rick singing

and he is credited on the song as a songwriter

6 hours ago, rosesandguns said:

Patience
"The motivation for the track is generally accepted to be the troublesome relationship between Axl Rose and his now ex-wife Erin Everly, though this was never stated in the album or interviews. According to bass guitarist Duff McKagan, "Axl came up with a great lyric, seemingly out of nowhere, that of course became the story and melody of that song."[6] 

source: wikipedia

thats a whole lotta crap

1 minute ago, Deniz said:

Just as expected. 

Izzy performed with Axl & Guns 'N Roses multiple times during 2006 and again in 2012. I really don't think Izzy has a beef with Axl, he's just doing what ever he feels is right atm. as he's always done. Right now he just doesn't feel like playing in Guns, and maybe that'll chance (again) some day. 

"Jump In Now" and "Bleedin" I definitely agree with :thumbsup:I'd throw Parasite into the ring too...

You're just a maggot in a one horse town
You're just a nothing and you're going down
You fuckin loser you stole my guns

You're a parasite - you're justa bag of lies
You're a parasite - I'm laughin when you fry

@Archtop In the 117 press kit Izzy said "Here Before You" was written about finding a space in a car park, but I've never believed that for a second :lol: Pulled some stuff from the press kit for anyone who might be interested:

Bleedin'

That's about someone I knew who was still bellyachin' about this chick who'd split a long time before. It's kind of a "get over it" song. I haven't even told the guy it's about that it's about him. Maybe if I tell him, he'll finally get on with his life.

Parasite

Angry - that says it all.

Here Before You

I have no idea what this song's about. I just woke up one morning with the chorus in my head. I think I'd heard that song "I Saw You First," by John Cougar Mellencamp, and it stuck with me. That line seemed to describe a real innocent, childlike mentality. But then the song turned into a car-oriented song. I was gonna call it "The Parking Lot Song." You know how people get in parking lots - "I saw that space first!"

& from the Ju Ju Hounds Press Kit:

Somebody Knockin

Most of these songs are pretty vague and abstract because, when I write, I end up throwing together a bunch of thoughts that don't really blend together in a story. This one started as a guitar rhythm. It's probably a flashback on all the different visitors I've had over the last seven years since the success of G N'R.

Been A Fix

"That was sort of an angst song. I think I was reflecting back to when I was first taking a look around after the success of GN'R and what a fuckin' mess it felt like I was living in. We left Hollywood dirtbags and we came back heroes. What a fuckin' trip. Originally, the track was called 'Sure Been A Trip.' Then I changed it to 'Sure Been A Bitch,' then we mixed it up so some of the vocals are 'been a trip' and some are 'been a fix,' as in jam, like you're in a fix."

For good measure.... here's that Izzy Strandly song <_<

• Like 4

4 hours ago, downliner said:

"Jump In Now" and "Bleedin" I definitely agree with :thumbsup:I'd throw Parasite into the ring too...

@Archtop In the 117 press kit Izzy said "Here Before You" was written about finding a space in a car park, but I've never believed that for a second :lol: Pulled some stuff from the press kit for anyone who might be interested:

Bleedin'

Parasite

Here Before You

Somebody Knockin

Been A Fix

11 hours ago, rosesandguns said:

Didn't Izzy and Axl reconcile like 10 years ago? They played together for 14 shows in 2006 and looked seemingly happy about it. 

I heard He demand lot money for reunion back then :/

7 hours ago, downliner said:

Bleedin'

Parasite

Here Before You

Somebody Knockin

Been A Fix

Yeah I think Bleedin is about Axl as well, but I'd completely forgotten about Jump In Now. And I agree, these lyrics seem to fit with what Izzy probably thought about Axl during all these 'lost years'.

And it's true too. 'Year after year you keep going nowhere'. Thank god that's finally over.

IZZY HAS POSTED THE LYRICS ON HIS TWITTER

:headbang:

below there is a copy and paste of Izzy's tweets

===

Fighter Pilot Money

Makin fighter pilot money ,its a band of gold
Makin fighter pilot money, the big wheels roll

And I`m takin the long way home today
I`ve really got no worries either way

Cuttin deals, shake`n hands
Open fields, open plans

Open fields,open plain`s,open gates,open lanes,open sky,open space,open mind,open race.....

• Like 2