Your County

Snake-Pit

Maybe I'm an idiot and I should put Croydon in my address?

Do people in say, Bristol put Somerset or Bristol? or Sutton? Do they put Sutton or Surrey?

Putting:

Mr. Snake Pit

123 Sex Drive

Thornton Heath

Croydon

CR7 0AA

*for example

oppose to what I put which is something along the lines of

Mr. Snake Pit

123 Sex Drive

Thornton Heath

Surrey

CR7 0AA

just seems anal/weird to me.

I know London though, those postcodes are easier in the sense that they don't faff about with mentioning counties... It's just

Mr. Snake Pit

69a Oral Alley

Crownpoint

London

SW16 0AA

for example

Edited by Snake-Pit

My part of Surrey. . . By Snake-Pit

014.JPG

015.JPG

009.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

Ccs2zl_XEAAYiVK.jpg

My part of Surrey.

5119990-16x9-700x394.jpg

van-gogh-house-brixton1.jpg

blue+plaque.jpg

They say Brixton changed him; That when he came to Brixton, he was a happy man, here's what I've just found..

van gogh house

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2014/apr/27/brixton-house-hold-key-vincent-van-gogh-london 13/08/2016

Edited by Snake-Pit

'Hey, why don't I go back to Anything Goes, maybe it got better since I last visited...'

*clicks* 

*reads*

*sighs...*

Snakepit, you're not in Surrey mate. You're in Greater London. Croydon used to be its own town, part of Surrey, but the entire administrative geography of England got reshuffled in 1965 and all of Croydon became officially part of the Greater London Authority. Stop putting Surrey down as your address.

If you don't believe me, Google will helpfully show you where Surrey lies (or really any other source, just look it up). 

w8dtyxK.jpg

5 hours ago, GivenToFly said:

'Hey, why don't I go back to Anything Goes, maybe it got better since I last visited...'

*clicks* 

*reads*

*sighs...*

Snakepit, you're not in Surrey mate. You're in Greater London. Croydon used to be its own town, part of Surrey, but the entire administrative geography of England got reshuffled in 1965 and all of Croydon became officially part of the Greater London Authority. Stop putting Surrey down as your address.

If you don't believe me, Google will helpfully show you where Surrey lies (or really any other source, just look it up). 

w8dtyxK.jpg

I'm in The London Borough of Croydon and yet address in town look like;

Rose CR7. Chinese takeaway CR7 Thornton Heath, Croydon, Surrey, CR7. Delivery avaliable. online menu. best and nearest. Chinese food.

Wong Kei

Chinese, Oriental, Halal

49 High Street, Surrey, CR7 8RW

and, also; MY OWN ADDRESS..

I know my part of Surrey isn't "Surrey" Surrey, but I still have a Surrey address, the cricket team are based at The Oval and this hoity toity public school in Croydon called The John Whitgift School... But, whatever, I guess you're to tell my postman and Surrey County Cricket Club that we're not actually in Surrey anymore, show my postman (it's a man) and Surrey County Cricket Club what you've unearthed on Google. :lol:

Croydon like anywhere else in the region has had it's fair share of Postcode Wars; you try telling someone from somewhere that CR postcodes are in London :lol: I even, when I lived in SW16 or SE25 to my peers in town taking the piss of their CR postcodes saying sh*t like 'Sorry, you're in Surrey' :lol:  as an annoying youth.

I guess I :lol: so much that you presume to correct me in my own bloody address, that's so funny, to me.

.. To go on making me now feel like Rick out of Rick & Morty except, he doesn't give a shit and I'm not fictitious; Croydon's not even a city... It wanted to be a bunch of times and applied despite not actually having a cathedral or university ... (Real smart Croydon).. :) I like it, inspires me in a 'mindless can do spirited town pride kind of way'.. :) 'Plus I'm a big fan of The Simpsons (sometimes) and like to liken Croydon to Springfield in a couple of scary ways that include a bunch of funny (to me) stuff I've observed about growing up in this town called Croydon. So I don't think anyone anywhere puts 

door number/street

Thornton Heath

Croydon

CR7 ...

(Not without it looking retarded and wrong)..

It's either Croydon, Surrey having the country's only postal code starting with 0, CR0, and places around town with various CR numbers, I don't really know where the rest of them are really kept, I can hazard a guess, maybe, as to where CR2 is, but, IDK. Not really, if it's not South Croydon or Purley or Coulsdon, IDK, it's a big borough still (though not as big as Bromley, which is the town over but in Kent, like Elmers End, Kent in the London Borough of Bromley), like 3 or 4 miles away, (that way).. but anyway, my point is, Until Croydon becomes a city, it's a town and it has no London postcode so we just put Surrey, okay...

And also, The county cricket team (cricket, one televised sport that cares about counties); are pretty much in my stomping ground too, more or less, like right there; so if I'm not in Surrey, neither are they.

Given everything, I can run to Middlesex by running to Parliament Square (which I have done) when I ran to Soho from here; I could run to Kent, which again, I have done (which isn't as far from me as Middlesex is to me) when I ran to Elmer's End once through South Norwood Country Park; and I'm in Surrey.

Edited by Snake-Pit

51 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I love Snakepit's attempts to create anonymity for himself, as if, by giving his real address, half the forum will swoop down on his house, or 'crib' as the hip people call it!

Haha! I feel like I need a wash just looking at pictures of Pit's pit. I certainly wouldn't want to visit the real thing. :lol: