Steven's Next Appearance???

13 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

I had to wipe tears of laughter away. A father figure.

Yeah, if anything Axl was the baby in that band (despite Slash being the youngest technically).

Axl is the guy that Alan Niven literally had to hire babysitters for, the guy that was endlessly babied by his former personal assistants and band mates. And the guy who still calls his current personal assistant mommy.

I'd recommend reading books like Craig Duswalt's (according to the womens' thread there's some stuff about Axl acting and being treated like a spoilt toddler in there), the band members' biographies or just listening to anyone who knew Axl back then, if you really want to get an idea if what he was like.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah if anything Axl was the baby in that band (despite Slash being the youngest technically).

Axl is the guy that Alan Niven literally had to hire babysitters for, the guy that was endlessly babied by his former personal assistants and band mates. And the guy who still calls his current personal assistant mommy.

I'd recommend reading books like Craig Duswalt's (according to the womens' thread there's some stuff about Axl acting and being treated like a spoilt toddler in there), the band members' biographies or just listening to anyone who knew Axl back then, if you really want to get an idea if what he was like.

I guess I always kind of got the impression that Axl was like burning torch or bonfire or something. People are drawn to him and find him fascinating but if you aren't careful it is easily to get burnt.

Edited by sanity_lost
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Yeah, if anything Axl was the baby in that band (despite Slash being the youngest technically).

Maybe father figure was a bit much, but with everything I have read and watched about the band he was "daddy." The direction the band took, the extravagant videos,etc. All because of Axl. 

I believe they looked up to him be it because of talent, charisma, whatever. I also believe, sort of to your point, they feared pissing him off. I mean seriously, who would you or most people say was the leader of Gn'R? I guess to appease a few I'll say Axl was head baby.

2 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

... though now I think about it... dad (Axl) has the keys to the car (the band) that they really, really want to take for a spin. They've got to follow dad's rules or he won't let them ride in the car. Either someone forgot to ask Izzy if he wanted to ride in the car with them or he is not as excited about it and doesn't think the ride will be fun enough to make up for the chores he'd have to do to get the ride.

I'm glad you thought about it. Who makes the rules? Thats right Daddy.

2 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

... though now I think about it... dad (Axl) has the keys to the car (the band) that they really, really want to take for a spin. They've got to follow dad's rules or he won't let them ride in the car. Either someone forgot to ask Izzy if he wanted to ride in the car with them or he is not as excited about it and doesn't think the ride will be fun enough to make up for the chores he'd have to do to get the ride.

Without being privy to anything, we can only make assumptions.

Obviously some form of partnership was negotiated in order to commence and complete the tour.

And maybe they simply keep touring under the current partnership and arrangements until they decide otherwise. At which time, any new arrangements would be negotiated.

I assume no decision is made without the three obviously being consulted, and more importantly, some type of unanimous decision between the three. Simply to keep the peace and goodwill.

52 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

Without being privy to anything, we can only make assumptions.

Obviously some form of partnership was negotiated in order to commence and complete the tour.

And maybe they simply keep touring under the current partnership and arrangements until they decide otherwise. At which time, any new arrangements would be negotiated.

I assume no decision is made without the three obviously being consulted, and more importantly, some type of unanimous decision between the three. Simply to keep the peace and goodwill.

I would guess that they all have equal say as I can't imagine them wanting to do this without it. But then, like you said, we don't know. But it is fun to speculate.

My new favorite theory:

Axl is literally the Devil.  Slash and Duff's sold their souls to him back in the '80s. He has now called them into heel.

24 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

I would guess that they all have equal say as I can't imagine them wanting to do this without it. But then, like you said, we don't know. But it is fun to speculate.

My new favorite theory:

Axl is literally the Devil.  Slash and Duff's sold their souls to him back in the '80s. He has now called them into heel.

I agree with your sentiment earlier. Slash and Duff wanted back in and were willing to make concessions to get back in. Axl understood that there was an opportunity to move forward and was willing to have those conversations.. I don't buy for one second it was as simple as "there were spots open for a guitar player and bassist."

Obvious "business decision" is obvious, Axl wouldn't be blind to that, but there had to be more to it than that. I say that because Axl is very smart and he would know that there's no coming back from this.

For instance, Axl can't tour with with the AFD5 and then release a new album that doesn't have all 5 original members on it. It would torpedo the album and whatever incarnation of "Guns N' Roses" that was on that album.

So I'm sure every decision made in the partnership is made with the vested interest of each member moving forward. Axl is going to protect himself and his interest in "Guns N' Roses". Slash and Duff will do the same.

Man, it would be great if they took him him to the other legs of the tour for few shows.

I'm not going to get  into his capabilities, I know Frank is GNR drummer, but watching Steven behind the drums... It's like he was born there with drumsticks in his hands. 

10 hours ago, action said:

i would like to know what went on in their heads in that pic of slash and steven. they look like the last of their platoon, returning from an unimaginable battlefield

Slash and Steven knew one another as kids even before Axl and Izzy knew one another.

A big reason why Axl was able to get Steven fired was because Slash didn't fight for Steven ("nor was Slash in a good enough state of his own" as Izzy described it long ago). Steven was most hurt by what was perceived as Slash's "lack of loyalty" over those events.

Steven, Izzy, and Duff kinda developed their own little clique and Izzy ultimately quit because he felt Steven's firing destroyed the whole rhythm section and made the band sound like shit. He certainly wasn't wrong about that.

16 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Thanks for the Information. I thought he was still In L.A.

Nope, not for a while. His Mom was finally able to get him to move out her way in Las Vegas.

8 hours ago, MisterNo said:

Man, it would be great if they took him him to the other legs of the tour for few shows.

I'm not going to get  into his capabilities, I know Frank is GNR drummer, but watching Steven behind the drums... It's like he was born there with drumsticks in his hands. 

Steven belongs there.. The band has to feel it and the fans went nuts for him. Seriously hearing the crowd was great.. Kind of shuts the "99% of the people in the crowd don't care who the drummer is" people up.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ironmt said:

Thanks for the Information. I thought he was still In L.A.

At the moment he lives in LA, he had moved to Vegas to live near his mom, but like 1 or 2 years ago he bought a really good house in LA and lives there.

If you have seen that Paradise City practicing video of him, thats from his house in LA. 

56 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Steven belongs there.. The band has to feel it and the fans went nuts for him. Seriously hearing the crowd was great.. Kind of shuts the "99% of the people in the crowd don't care who the drummer is" people up.

Unfortunately this may be the reason he doesn't get more guest spots.  I don't think they want to start a "drummer controversy".  

• Like 1