Amanda Knox (Netflix Documentary)

RussTCB

21 minutes ago, alfierose said:

It's on my list of things to watch. Hoping to get a chance later today.

What are your thoughts on it?

It kind of lost steam around the middle. They really stretched the second half out which kind of made it wear on me. 

@RussTCB I finished watching it now. I thought the whole tone of it seemed a bit off given what a horrible murder it was, I realise it was about Amanda's story but it came across as a bit jovial in places. The journo did an excellent job as coming across as a total amoral scumbag, so much so it felt a bit contrived. 

I'm on the fence with this case maybe slightly leaning towards them being innocent. The whole process was so screwed up from every angle it's near impossible to ascertain any sort of truth beyond Meredith being killed and Guede being the (or one of) the perps. They seem to be the only undisputed facts.

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

@RussTCB I finished watching it now. I thought the whole tone of it seemed a bit off given what a horrible murder it was, I realise it was about Amanda's story but it came across as a bit jovial in places. The journo did an excellent job as coming across as a total amoral scumbag, so much so it felt a bit contrived. 

I'm on the fence with this case maybe slightly leaning towards them being innocent. The whole process was so screwed up from every angle it's near impossible to ascertain any sort of truth beyond Meredith being killed and Guede being the (or one of) the perps. They seem to be the only undisputed facts.

Agreed on the tone. What was with the journalist who kept smiling and laughing about how great all the parts of the story were?

59 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Agreed on the tone. What was with the journalist who kept smiling and laughing about how great all the parts of the story were?

Unfortunately he is very representative of British tabloid journalism. I'm surprised he was quite so gleeful about it though, perhaps he is hoping he will get hired by TMZ. :lol:

32 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

@Len Cnut LOL! sorry

but seriously i think Casey Anthony is guilty as sin. i have not seen all the stuff on Amanda Knox so i won't comment on her but i followed the whole Casey Anthony thing and geez, that was just a total travesty IMO. 

so here's another one for you...Jody Arias??

Oh i thought you meant did i fancy her :lol:  Oh, um, i dunno, there's definitely something fishy going but would i take it to be necessarily an admission of her having done the deed? Thats two seperate thing.  Something funky is going on one way or the other.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2016 at 11:01 AM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

@Len Cnut LOL! sorry

but seriously i think Casey Anthony is guilty as sin. i have not seen all the stuff on Amanda Knox so i won't comment on her but i followed the whole Casey Anthony thing and geez, that was just a total travesty IMO. 

so here's another one for you...Jody Arias??

Ol Jodie can get it. That crazy bitch. Love the glasses.?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2016 at 8:58 AM, alfierose said:

Unfortunately he is very representative of British tabloid journalism. I'm surprised he was quite so gleeful about it though, perhaps he is hoping he will get hired by TMZ. :lol:

TMZ would have taken this much more seriously had it been them or one of their reporters interviewed for the piece.  That guy had me seriously questioning the mindset of British journalists during the documentary....almost to the level of me thinking that they're borderline ignorant/evil.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

TMZ would have taken this much more seriously had it been them or one of their reporters interviewed for the piece.  That guy had me seriously questioning the mindset of British journalists during the documentary....almost to the level of me thinking that they're borderline ignorant/evil.

Not an unreasonable assessment there!

If there is one good thing the internet and social media has done is that it has (in my opinion) lessened the power some of these tabloid type journalists used to hold. People can get information from so many sources now they don't hold as much sway to make or break people for their own ends.

I honestly think that guy was a sociopath in his own right.