If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

8 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

That guy literally drank himself to death. I mean he straight up drank enough alcohol that it just killed him. I've read what his blood alcohol content was when he died and it was something ridiculous. That's just too much. Damn shame cause he was great. 

Edited by J Dog

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

That guy literally drank himself to death. I mean he straight up drank enough alcohol that it just killed him. I've read what his blood alcohol content was when he died and it was something ridiculous. That's just too much. Damn shame cause he was great. 

If that ain't Country, I'll kiss your ass... 

Sad. He had a lot of great songs left in him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

If that ain't Country, I'll kiss your ass... 

Sad. He had a lot of great songs left in him.

You got that right. He lived it.

Even with the good songs he did do, he had the feeling that he was just gettting started. Damn shame.

• Like 1

Poor Keith. He was a good man too, he adopted Lorrie's daughter as his own, that's a real man right there. 

Moving in another direction, this song reminds me of when my mom would lock my dad out of the house when he was out a wee bit too late with the boys :D Why the hell did he never have an extra key? lol. Somehow they are still together though :heart:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Are ya into the ponies @Whiskey Rose? California Chrome was an incredible name. Came up short on the triple crown, right? I watch the Derby for the spectacle, but know nothing about the ponies. I was really rooting for Danzig though that one year :lol:!

Yes he did, but the only reason was because apparently you can hold your horse back from running all three...so there was CC, worked his butt off to win KD and Belmont, and then other horses who were well rested and uninjured bc they didn't run the previous, were allowed to come into the Triple Crown! And knocked California Chrome out. That year was so exciting though.

Speaking of names, there is a Gunnevera in today's race, that sounds like a good one to root for! #10, place your bets ya'll.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Yes he did, but the only reason was because apparently you can hold your horse back from running all three...so there was CC, worked his butt off to win KD and Belmont, and then other horses who were well rested and uninjured bc they didn't run the previous, were allowed to come into the Triple Crown! And knocked California Chrome out. That year was so exciting though.

Speaking of names, there is a Gunnevera in today's race, that sounds like a good one to root for! #10, place your bets ya'll.

I'm down with Gunnevera! I also like the name Thunder Snow. We get that a lot here- always wild...

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I'm down with Gunnevera! I also like the name Thunder Snow. We get that a lot here- always wild...

Oh, that sounds like a good one too esp with that connection! There is also a J Boys Echo.. sounds like a good pick for @J Dog, no?

There we have it people - Gunnevera, Thunder Snow and J Boys Echo - for Win, Place and Show!! :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Oh, that sounds like a good one too esp with that connection! There is also a J Boys Echo.. sounds like a good pick for @J Dog, no?

There we have it people - Gunnevera, Thunder Snow and J Boys Echo - for Win, Place and Show!! :P

I got 3 bucks to throw in- who's going to the window? :lol:

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Hmmm... well JDog lives below the Mason Dixon somewhere- he's probably closest! Besides, I'd probably blow it all on mint juleps before I got to the window... 

God, we can't even trust you to get to the window! :lol: And I don't have one of those fabulous hats, it'll have to be JDog. Where the hell is he :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Yay! Here we go then! How far are you from the window? :lol:

We've still got 2.5hrs till the race.

It's in Kentucky? I'll have to keep up with this. J Boys Echo is ready.

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah man- you're in the trifecta with me n Whiskey Rose... she got Gunnevera and I got Thunder Snow... we gone b rich yo :lol:

For some reason those names fit both of y'all  :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

@Zurimor do I hear trumpets? I could probably listen to them though :)

Yes, you do, it's definitely not classic country, more country rock and quite some other influences, too, but they have their own style, don't just copy what others do. You have to respect that :D

Seriously, they can be a lot of fun. :)