If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

3 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Definitely check out Hank Sr and Cash. There's a lot. Old country music surprises you in that sometimes a certain song or singer just gets you. Conway Twitty and Kieth Whitley are both like that for me.

And since I throw him off on everybody else I'll throw him off on you too :lol: Hank Williams III. He does a scary good job of playing classic country but modern. And he's your pickin motherfucker too.

Awesome, thanks!  I ve seen some of the Hank III you've posted and it really is interesting.  I like what Ive heard. Dont think I've ever heard any Keith Whitely.  This is cool

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Awesome, thanks!  I ve seen some of the Hank III you've posted and it really is interesting.  I like what Ive heard. Dont think I've ever heard any Keith Whitely.  This is cool

Just back up a couple of pages for Kieth Whitley, we were just talking about him dying and posted some songs. He's more of a George Jones type. He was newer but had that old school feel.

You do know country music goes better with smoke or alcohol right :lol:

19 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Definitely check out Hank Sr and Cash. There's a lot. Old country music surprises you in that sometimes a certain song or singer just gets you. Conway Twitty and Kieth Whitley are both like that for me.

And since I throw him off on everybody else I'll throw him off on you too :lol: Hank Williams III. He does a scary good job of playing classic country but modern. And he's your pickin motherfucker too.

@soon these are good suggestions but don't forget women country singers! Patsy Cline. Reba. Miranda Lambert. tons more but start there :D

oh and be sure to get the later Hank III... he started out doing some punk mess! :P

yeah throw some KEITH Whitley in there too...he wasn't around long but he has some good stuff. and do not let these heavy drinkers food you...even sober or with some beer or wine these songs are awesome. knowing you i bet you could make your own pretty damn good wine ;)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

16 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Just back up a couple of pages for Kieth Whitley, we were just talking about him dying and posted some songs. He's more of a George Jones type. He was newer but had that old school feel.

You do know country music goes better with smoke or alcohol right :lol:

I have noticed that :lol:

15 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

@soon these are good suggestions but don't forget women country singers! Patsy Cline. Reba. Miranda Lambert. tons more but start there :D

oh and be sure to get the later Hank III... he started out doing some punk mess! :P

yeah throw some KEITH Whitley in there too...he wasn't around long but he has some good stuff. and do not let these heavy drinkers food you...even sober or with some beer or wine these songs are awesome. knowing you i bet you could make your own pretty damn good wine ;)

Beer and cider.  And smoke.  Im too lazy to make wine :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soon said:

I have noticed that :lol:

Beer and cider.  And smoke.  Im too lazy to make wine :P

i find that hard to believe ;) come July though i may be trying some smoke. btw did you see my post about the show i found Bong Appetit? it is OUTRAGEOUS and the cannabis infused ribs sound so good! :P

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i find that hard to believe ;) come July though i may be trying some smoke. btw did you see my post about the show i found Bong Appetit? it is OUTRAGEOUS and the cannabis infused ribs sound so good! :P

Why wait till July?  I didn't see that post - is it the snoop and martha stewart show?  Mmmmmm, cannabis ribs!!  Two of the greatest thing together at last! :lol:

Just now, soon said:

Why wait till July?  I didn't see that post - is it the snoop and martha stewart show?  Mmmmmm, cannabis ribs!!  Two of the greatest thing together at last! :lol:

LOL no. it is actually called Bong Appetit. they made pork ribs from hemp fed pigs, did a rub made from something i don't really know but had THC in it then made a cannabis BBQ sauce! for dessert they had like popsicles with strawberries and soe kind of cannabis infused something, cocnut with same and bottom layer blueberry with same.

July is when we will have places to legally purchase weed ;)

here is another country chick NOT to be missed. and look up some of her duets with Gram Parsons....angelic :)

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I think 7p eastern. So like an hour. 

So I ran around like a maniac for 2 hrs completely unnecessarily :lol:

And I concur with you and J Dog, #15 McCracken (Release The) as group horse :P 

Are you both watching or just me?

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Oh, McCracken is actually the town in Kansas!

Ah ha- finally found it. It's out west central- my gf used to live in Hays, which is close by... Anyway, I'm rooting for the old broad that owns it...

But I'm for our original pick first!!! ???

Just now, Whiskey Rose said:

So I ran around like a maniac for 2 hrs completely unnecessarily :lol:

And I concur with you and J Dog, #15 McCracken (Release The) as group horse :P 

Are you both watching or just me?

I'm watching, but also got a very interested eye on Rangers/ Senators upcoming OT as well...

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL no. it is actually called Bong Appetit. they made pork ribs from hemp fed pigs, did a rub made from something i don't really know but had THC in it then made a cannabis BBQ sauce! for dessert they had like popsicles with strawberries and soe kind of cannabis infused something, cocnut with same and bottom layer blueberry with same.

July is when we will have places to legally purchase weed ;)

here is another country chick NOT to be missed. and look up some of her duets with Gram Parsons....angelic :)

Sounds scrumptious!

Yay July!

I do know Emmylou more then others mentioned so far.  I have a few albums, including Trio and her duet with Robert Plant.  She crosses over into folk and Im a lot more familiar with that.  She's amazing!

• Like 1

Just now, soon said:

Sounds scrumptious!

Yay July!

I do know Emmylou more then others mentioned so far.  I have a few albums, including Trio and her duet with Robert Plant.  She crosses over into folk and Im a lot more familiar with that.  She's amazing!

she is. i think iggy kicked in so i am cool for the moment sweetie! :D

have you seen any of her duets with Gram?