If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I would consider this song country. The lyrics are country themed, the fiddle playing certainly is, and they're out in the woods :lol:. I don't know anything about the rest of their stuff, and never heard of them, but that song is.

(I didn't say I liked it much though :lol:)

Fair enough if its not your thing.  I like it a lot. Like too many of my favourite indie bands, their recordings stink.  I've watched concerts of them in living rooms wth 20 people.

I was asking because as I think about it, I just might know a lot of country, but its just not the country music of the US.   We call all of it folk here.  But some of it might be country.

This and some other regional stuff like it is some of my favourite music.  Rings true in my soul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Haha- that's a great one there. Yeah I gotta get his new album. I also gotta get the new Sturgill Simpson album yet... both on my list to get real soon...

It's pretty good. I just have his debut ranked so high it will be hard to match. But it's good, I'm not knocking it at all.

I didn't know Sturgill had a new one. Yea I need to check that one out.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Fair enough if its not your thing.  I like it a lot. Like too many of my favourite indie bands, their recordings stink.  I've watched concerts of them in living rooms wth 20 people.

I was asking because as I think about it, I just might know a lot of country, but its just not the country music of the US.   We call all of it folk here.  But some of it might be country.

This and some other regional stuff like it is some of my favourite music.  Rings true in my soul.

There's been a thing in country the past few years with a kinda underground indie thing going on. Leans more on the folky side. I call all of it some form of country. Some I like and some I don't. Some of it feels like it's missing something. But a lot of it is musically good.

Edited by J Dog

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

@Fitha_whiskey I do love Alabama, but I wasn't sure how yous would feel about me posting them..though i snuck one in a week ago :lol:

I love a lot of their songs. Some are a little too slow and sterile for me, but as a rule I like em.

If you keep drinking beer n listening to Jones, you're gonna be like ol Loretta! :lol:

• Like 1