If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Len in a Texas bar with a load of big Nugent-esque hairy buggers in red and black checky shirts and baseball caps.

ohhhh that would be so much fun! i wish they still had the scary real country redneck bars along old Weatherford Highway, i would take him there! ( being sure he could handle it of course ;) )

gotta post a song :) this one seems appropriate:

They do not have any proper American bars now where there is usually a few grizzled veterans at the bar, and a blond haired blue eyed cow girl takes the drinks around elsewhere? And there is usually a big pool table and a big lit up sign on the wall?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They do not have any proper American bars now where there is usually a few grizzled veterans at the bar, and a blond haired blue eyed cow girl takes the drinks around elsewhere? And there is usually a big pool table and a big lit up sign on the wall?

Oh fuck yeah there is... plenty of them. This bar is slightly exaggerated though...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Oh fuck yeah there is... plenty of them. This bar is slightly exaggerated though...

This looks a good rustic boozer, with homespun American values,

Attractive blond cow girls, and some not so attractive hairy buggers in plaid shirts also.

It will be a real bar as well knowing Shakey.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Len in a Texas bar with a load of big Nugent-esque hairy buggers in red and black checky shirts and baseball caps.

You should join us at that bar DD. We need a proper british chap to bring some class to these Nugent types. I always did admire your optimism :lol:

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that would be incredible! can you two-step? :D

I'll look at old Billy Ray Cyrus videos before we meet up. It'll be great. :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RONIN said:

You should join us at that bar DD. We need a proper british chap to bring some class to these Nugent types. I always did admire your optimism :lol:

I'll look at old Billy Ray Cyrus videos before we meet up. It'll be great. :lol:

oh yes @DieselDaisy you must come as well :)

@RONIN can you get through Billy Ray Cyrus?? :P 

9 hours ago, J Dog said:

Damn I haven't seen her around in forever. Cool she's sporting some Guns gear. Actually Guns gets a lot of love from the country crowd, AFD is a big hit with them, and stuff like November Rain, Civil War, Don't Cry are fan favorites.

I loved this guy opening for GNR on the first leg of the tour. I wouldn't mind him opening again on the upcoming round.

she resurfaced about what a year ago? cos she got dumped by hubby Mutt Lange who produced her AND ac/dc ( always thought that was interesting but you can tell by the songs )

Chris Stapleton is so good, thank you for posting. btw the Tupac/Aunt Jemima look is interesting! j/k it's all good

thank you @Len Cnut i can't stop listening to the Monkees now :P and since Michael Nesmith is from Texas and this sounds country i believe it is :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh yes @DieselDaisy you must come as well :)

@RONIN can you get through Billy Ray Cyrus?? :P 

Well I didn't say it would be easy! :lol:

True story: We all had to learn line dancing in fourth grade back in '92 - "Achy Brakey Heart" was the only song they played for months. It was a special kind of hell :lol:

I do consider that song to be a guilty pleasure though :facepalm:

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1

Just now, RONIN said:

True story: We all had to learn line dancing in fourth grade back in '92 - "Achy Brakey Heart" was the only song they played. It was a special kind of hell :lol:

*whispers*  it was for me too!  ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

True story: We all had to learn line dancing in fourth grade back in '92 - "Achy Brakey Heart" was the only song they played for months. It was a special kind of hell :lol:

I'm about to knock you the fuck out man :lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Nah man- aren't you a boxer or something? Just fuckin "spark out" (I think you say?) a big ignorant fucker first thing, and everybody will warm to ya real quick! 

Jesus Christ, when did i become a boxer?!? :lol:  I like boxing very much, I have boxers in my family but me personally, noooooo no no no no, fuck no, of all the things i would enjoy doing in my life thats down there with bowel cancer :lol:

And I'm just kidding, i know you got all kindsa people in America and the South ain't like a big racists track meet or something...

well, at least white folks ain't runnin'! :lol:. Jokes! :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Jesus Christ, when did i become a boxer?!? :lol:  I like boxing very much, I have boxers in my family but me personally, noooooo no no no no, fuck no, of all the things i would enjoy doing in my life thats down there with bowel cancer :lol:

Ah well- my apologies. I must've misconstrued a comment I read. I spend a lot of time on here when I'm far too drunk, so it might explain part of it! :lol: 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

oh they have those! just the ones off Old Weatherford Highway used to be like the real deal, cowboys in there spittin' tobaccos. fights breaking out all the time, beer spilled all over sawdust floors that kinda thing. it's been forever since i've been to a bar really so who knows? but we can ALL find out ;)