Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Excuse me please the Izzyconda pic was MINE!!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I didn't post that picture here, but on couple of threads in the News & Discussion forum. 

The point is, that when I was perving (is that a word?)  here couple of days ago... people seemed to be running for the hills.;) So there's no need to add fan fiction here and change this place into  "50 Shades of Stradlin". :P 

49eac81f8534050d9f4816347436a718.jpg

Edited by Fourteenbeers
---
  • Like 1

@Fourteenbeers You posted it in several threads?! You ARE obsessed with Boners then. lol :rofl-lol:

Well - In order to get this thread to cool down on track, I'leave you with this.

tumblr_onp2miq2zs1ua4iwlo1_500.jpg

I love that sometimes Izzy looks just like some other guy you know from going to the pub or hanging out at concerts. Only - only they don't. :P 

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

@Fourteenbeers You posted it in several threads?! You ARE obsessed with Boners then. lol :rofl-lol:

Well - In order to get this thread to cool down on track, I'leave you with this.

tumblr_onp2miq2zs1ua4iwlo1_500.jpg

I love that sometimes Izzy looks just like some other guy you know from going to the pub or hanging out at concerts. Only - only they don't. :P 

If two counts as  "several", then I guess I am... ;) but that would be just one specific avocado farmers boner. And to be honest... I don't even believe it's real.   There's a very good chance that we are talking about Spinal Tap- trick here.  But it's a funny picture...

Nice pic of Izzy that you posted. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

When did this become the 'wacky world of Slash the rock icon' thread? Let me know when it's back to normal.

giphy.gif

(kidding)

I'm sorry I set off the "Slash isn't the end all be all of guitarists" convo.  I didn't mean to.

Seriously, I should have said his look and attitude HELPED to get him where he is.  So my apologies.  Kinda. :lol:

tumblr_nres7uAdS41uwvnvuo1_500.gif

:smiley-confused2:

On another note, the GNR 70% sluts dealio .... I suppose I should be incredibly offended.  But, I mean, c'mon .... it's GNR. Sex Drugs ... Sluts ... & Rock n Roll, baby! ;)

• Like 1

Ah total black looks so good on him... :wub:

tumblr_opjssvVAdR1vkhi6bo1_500.gif

And now that you are distracted looking at Izzy "Strummin'" up there, I must confess I am guilty of reading fanfic. I once spent one afternoon on rockfic reading a very long one. I couldn't stop till i finished it. In my defense I'd say that it was kinda sweet and well written, and I was with a fever. :ph34r:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Ah total black looks so good on him... :wub:

tumblr_opjssvVAdR1vkhi6bo1_500.gif

And now that you are distracted looking at Izzy "Strummin'" up there, I must confess I am guilty of reading fanfic. I once spent one afternoon on rockfic reading a very long one. I couldn't stop till i finished it. In my defense I'd say that it was kinda sweet and well written, and I was with a fever. :ph34r:

I wanted to like this but .... sigh ... out of likes. I may or may not have read maybe probably the same very long one you did.  But that's the only one ever. :facepalm:

ezgif.com-add-text%20(1).gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL?

Dear Jane.. I hope you read my  response to Tori, so you too can cool yourself off (concerning my "obsession").  But I have to get some sleep now. I have to go to church  before noon.  

Have a good weekend everyone. :)

47 minutes ago, Frey said:

Okay, fan fiction discussion was not what I expected when I opened this thread :monkey:

Seriously though, why the hell are you all acting so bashful about it? (They're certainly not as shy about this stuff over in the Women's Thread lol)

If you like it, own it. Seems like a ridiculously tame "hobby" compared to what most guys are into anyway. 

Women are so confusing. Or maybe I'm just too drunk already to understand anything right now.

It's probably both.  You're drunk and we're confusing. :thumbsup:

Also, I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't say I'm "into" fan fiction.  There was just a curiosity there that I had to satisfy, I guess.  Any time I've read anything - with the exception of that really long and actually pretty good one that I maybe probably definitely read (@Darkenchantress :rofl-lol:), I've usually ended up cringing with embarrassment.   :ph34r:

But hey, more power to the fanfic fans out there - let your freak flags fly, sistahs! :headbang:

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Frey said:

Okay, fan fiction discussion was not what I expected when I opened this thread :monkey:

Seriously though, why the hell are you all acting so bashful about it? (They're certainly not as shy about this stuff over in the Women's Thread lol)

If you like it, own it. Seems like a ridiculously tame "hobby" compared to what most guys are into anyway. 

Women are so confusing. Or maybe I'm just too drunk already to understand anything right now.

This

17 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

It's probably both.  You're drunk and we're confusing. :thumbsup:

Also, I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't say I'm "into" fan fiction.  There was just a curiosity there that I had to satisfy, I guess.  Any time I've read anything - with the exception of that really long and actually pretty good one that I maybe probably definitely read (@Darkenchantress :rofl-lol:), I've usually ended up cringing with embarrassment.   :ph34r:

But hey, more power to the fanfic fans out there - let your freak flags fly, sistahs! :headbang:

You should read Slaxl19's

Not cringe but heart wrenching 

Full of angst

Good fic

More like the best one 

Edited by SerenityScorp

Drunk @Frey is cool! :lol: I was suprised the reaction here is so bashful too. I understand if it's not everyone's cup of tea and I'm not saying I'm into it. I'm not, only few are really well written. But I think it's something to be embarassed about if you like it or if you read it. 

I was looking into fanfiction for an article I once wrote for a popculture magazine. The scene is interesting on a cultural-literary level. They are mostly young authors and most are female. They take storylines that have not been told satisfactorily to the fans and own them to tell them for themselves, eg with Harry Potter. Rock FanFic is working in a similar way. And yeah, it's full of sex. With Fanfic it's interesting as it is mostly homosexual erotic fiction – with a female gaze: it is for the heterosexual women's pleasure. The sex in them is very consensual which would be interesting for the standard erotic genre to notice (don't wanna write the word with p here). So culturally it is an interesting phenomenon. You can also read what Laurie Penny wrote about it, she is really into it. So. Nuff said. :P

• Like 2

I was just teasing you guys. I don't care or judge anyone who reads fan fiction. Way back in the day when 'Supernatural' first came out I used to read some of the fan fiction for that show and I'm not gonna lie some of it was pretty good. I haven't read any rockfic but I could see the appeal. So no judgement here. :shrugs:

I think a lot of the shyness and holding back in this thread comes from the fact that we all know Izzy and Slash were reading this at one point. If the ladies in the Women's thread found out that Axl was lurking in there they might feel a bit awkward sometimes too, ya know? It's a bit like knowing somebody is reading your text messages or something. :lol:

While we are on the subject though... for me personally, some of the slaxl/izaxl jokes do sometimes go too far (only my opinion, obviously). Same with the spinal tap picture. I know we all like to joke around but objectifying somebody like that is a little... :no:  So if you guys see me skipping out on those convos please don't be offended. It's just not my thing :shrugs: 

With that said... perv out till your little hearts content, ladies! :headbang:

giphy.gif

• Like 4

@Kris_1989 Sure, I understand and know what you mean. I guess it's a sense of humour, you cannot debate that? I am sorry for you feeling the need of busting out of here though. I'd rather you'd stay. So what can we do? Can we agree on something like a code of conduct for this thread. All pervy jokes have to go to the women's thread then. lol

Also, I'm not sure that Slash and Izzy were reading here at all. But if they were, I'm not even sure if they wouldn't take it with a good laugh – or just a shrug. Who knows. 

Anyway, what is the spinal tab pic? Sorry, I just need to know, I don't understand.

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

I am sorry for you feeling the need of busting out of here though. I'd rather you'd stay. So what can we do? Can we agree on something like a code of conduct for this thread. All pervy jokes have to go to the women's thread then. lol

I didn't mean that I was leaving for good or that you guys shouldn't talk about whatever you want. I just meant that I just skip those conversations and come back when you guys are talking about other stuff. :)

Spinal tap =

tumblr_mkadujk7m31s9aqg9o1_1280.jpg

+

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I didn't mean that I was leaving for good or that you guys shouldn't talk about whatever you want. I just meant that I just skip those conversations and come back when you guys are talking about other stuff. :)

Spinal tap =

tumblr_mkadujk7m31s9aqg9o1_1280.jpg

+

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::rofl-lol:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Also, I'm not sure that Slash and Izzy were reading here at all. But if they were, I'm not even sure if they wouldn't take it with a good laugh – or just a shrug. Who knows.

Well, Izzy gave us a Twitter shout out so is safe to assume that he at least knows that we exist and that we are all insane :P I found it funny that he did it just a few days after I posted something like "I'm sure he cares about his fans but he just doesn't know how to show it" :ph34r: Apparently, he knows.

About the fanfic stuff, well, I don't feel bad or ashamed really, I'm not into fanfic per se, but I've stumbled upon some of them that were actually very catchy and well written. I use to feel uncomfortable when it's written about real people and my reaction at the end with the regular fanfic is total embarrassment and a facepalm, but some of them are OK, I guess, or not, I don't know. :lol:

Back on topic of the thread, it's been more than a month since our lord and savior tweeted for the last time. Seriously, Stradlin, I know is avocado season but delete a tweet or two.... how are we supposed to know that you are OK??

giphy.gif

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 3