Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

9 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

You were at his last show?! :wow: I cannot even begin to describe how jealous I am right now. :lol: I also loved those skateboarding pics when I was younger. That view is to die for and I'm not just talking about the beach/mountains behind him. ;) 

All these live videos are making me a bit sad that we never got a high quality video of his shows before he stopped playing. :( 

In other news, we're almost at 100 pages, witches!

giphy.gif

Im listening Crackin' Up r8 now N' Tht dancing avocado is realy fit with the beats :rofl-lol: Especially at the end of the songs on cherry up * I dont know wht He said

Someone need to make a video of this dancing Avocado N' Crackin' Up Song 

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

I know it's such a shame there is no quality footage of the juju hounds live gigs, Jimmy ashhurst said Izzy brother would come out on tour and record some of the shows really wish somebody would release some of that. - come on classicrockstuff you have one job, get it out there?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Archtop said:

I know it's such a shame there is no quality footage of the juju hounds live gigs, Jimmy ashhurst said Izzy brother would come out on tour and record some of the shows really wish somebody would release some of that. - come on classicrockstuff you have one job, get it out there?

Either release the footage or play one more show so one of us can record it.

Your move, Stradlin'. :ph34r:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Archtop said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Always liked these fotos, too. And I can tell you why. Izzy just looks like a real person there. Like a cool dude who likes to skateboard, like someone I could know because somehow Izzy reminds me of a lot of people from back in the days. Even though Izzy had this cool rockstar vibe going, he always was a human being, I know it sounds sily. Unlike Axl's larger than life persona that is too complex and fucked up for one person.

And you were at Wembley?! OMG! Izzy's last show. Tell us more about it!

17 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Just listening to tht vid not really like it, I prefer this 

Love it, thanks!

13 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

giphy.gif

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Exactly, Izzy, keep on moving! rock4

• Like 2

So much to read. I'm so far behind, I need to like all of your post...:wow:

My story begins when one night I decided to educate myself on classic rock bands (I mean, I wasn't that ignorant, I knew whole U2 discography by heart, I still do, I was raised musically on U2 forum by some really open-minded posters :D, besides that, there's just too many new records I need to listen). So, I was watching YouTube videos of all those bands I knew existed but never really listened to, like Queen, The Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam and GnR. The first video I saw was Paradise City (that one Kris_1989 has linked), I remember thinking 'so that's that famous Axl Rose and whoa, that cute boy must be Slash :lol:' . Then I watched the Tribute to Freddy Mercury concert (no Izzy, sigh), and as a result I had a little crush on Axl, of course. Then I was watching some gigs from '91 and finally had stumbled on '14 years' from Indiana. And sweet jesus, that hit me really hard.

tumblr_m2rmk6enpc1ql3mml.gif

I was like 'yeah, Axl, go play your tambourine in the background, what I'm seeing now is the real deal'. Seriously, such a great performance... Slash, happy Matt, Axl with tambourine, Izzy holding cigarette in his hand the whole time and that half-smile at the very end. Since then, Izzy is the first person I'm looking for on videos and pics. I was really happy to find out that he still makes his own awesome music, and I can be a fan of this precious guy :D

I think it's interesting that Axl was what dragged me into GnR at first, but somehow I managed to get over his idk... stage presence. When with Izzy it seems impossible to me. I can't, he is just too cool. 

Now it seems like I'm only talking about the looks, but I completely felt in love with music too, and Izzy's voice :heart:

What makes me a bit sad is the fact that I was born the next year he'd left GnR, and i don't believe I will ever have the opportunity to meet him in person. Although, I can imagine how fans have felt after Izzy left the band. I know that's completely different situation, but once I was at the very last, farewell concert of one of my fav bands, and I hated that bittersweet feeling. 

sorry for bad grammar and commas in random places :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Holy fucking shit what the hell is this? I almost had a heart attack?? :o

http://en.mediamass.net/people/izzy-stradlin/deathhoax.html

:facepalm:

P.S. ok, is that stupid site that makes up fake news but it popped on Twitter and it almost put me into cardiac arrest.

Goddammit, I almost burst into tears! 

Edited by int8
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, int8 said:

So much to read. I'm so far behind, I need to like all of your post...:wow:

My story begins when one night I decided to educate myself on classic rock bands (I mean, I wasn't that ignorant, I knew whole U2 discography by heart, I still do, I was raised musically on U2 forum by some really open-minded posters :D, besides that, there's just too many new records I need to listen). So, I was watching YouTube videos of all those bands I knew existed but never really listened to, like Queen, The Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam and GnR. The first video I saw was Paradise City (that one Kris_1989 has linked), I remember thinking 'so that's that famous Axl Rose and whoa, that cute boy must be Slash :lol:' . Then I watched the Tribute to Freddy Mercury concert (no Izzy, sigh), and as a result I had a little crush on Axl, of course. Then I was watching some gigs from '91 and finally had stumbled on '14 years' from Indiana. And sweet jesus, that hit me really hard.

I was like 'yeah, Axl, go play your tambourine in the background, what I'm seeing now is the real deal'. Seriously, such a great performance... Slash, happy Matt, Axl with tambourine, Izzy holding cigarette in his hand the whole time and that half-smile at the very end. Since then, Izzy is the first person I'm looking for on videos and pics. I was really happy to find out that he still makes his own awesome music, and I can be a fan of this precious guy :D

I think it's interesting that Axl was what dragged me into GnR at first, but somehow I managed to get over his idk... stage presence. When with Izzy it seems impossible to me. I can't, he is just too cool. 

Now it seems like I'm only talking about the looks, but I completely felt in love with music too, and Izzy's voice :heart:

What makes me a bit sad is the fact that I was born the next year he'd left GnR, and i don't believe I will ever have the opportunity to meet him in person. Although, I can imagine how fans have felt after Izzy left the band. I know that's completely different situation, but once I was at the very last, farewell concert of one of my fav bands, and I hated that bittersweet feeling.

Loved reading this and I feel your pain. :heart: I was born in '89 so I missed everything too. Feels like I was born in the wrong decade or something sometimes. But at least we got to experience the 90s I guess? And many of the classic rock bands are starting to tour again so things are looking up for us! :) Are you going to any of the U2 shows this year? 

'yeah, Axl, go play your tambourine in the background, what I'm seeing now is the real deal'

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

7 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Loved reading this and I feel your pain. :heart: I was born in '89 so I missed everything too. Feels like I was born in the wrong decade or something sometimes. But at least we got to experience the 90s I guess? And many of the classic rock bands are starting to tour again so things are looking up for us! :) Are you going to any of the U2 shows this year? 

I'd love to go (especially since it's gonna be The Joshua Tree anniversary), but the nearest city they're playing in this summer is Berlin (740 km from where I live :tongue2:) and to buy tickets to that show is such a nightmare, so I guess I'm not going :wacko: What about you?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, int8 said:

I'd love to go (especially since it's gonna be The Joshua Tree anniversary), but the nearest city they're playing in this summer is Berlin (740 km from where I live :tongue2:) and to buy tickets to that show is such a nightmare, so I guess I'm not going :wacko: What about you?

I want to go but the tickets that are left in Santa Clara are insanely expensive and as much as I love U2 I'm not sure it's worth going. :( $600+ for one ticket.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to go see GNR in Texas either. On one hand I figure I might as well go and then be done with it. To have some sort of closure... But on the other hand I don't want to contribute to the circus. :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Absolutely my pleasure.

e7a105fe275b67599aa9fc46574a889c.jpg

Strike a pose, vogue!

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

giphy.gif

LMAO:rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Never thought this thread will reach 100 pages:D

Should we revoke your Supreme witch title? 

5 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I want to go but the tickets that are left in Santa Clara are insanely expensive and as much as I love U2 I'm not sure it's worth going. :( $600+ for one ticket.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to go see GNR in Texas either. On one hand I figure I might as well go and then be done with it. To have some sort of closure... But on the other hand I don't want to contribute to the circus. :facepalm:

Yeah, that's expensive. :huh: 

I have the same problem with GnR as you do. Tickets are still available, so I'm gonna decide in the last days before the gig. (btw, I was watching videos of Fortus presenting all those guitars, and I caught myself starting to like him :D)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, int8 said:

btw, I was watching videos of Fortus presenting all those guitars, and I caught myself starting to like him :D)

That's because he's playing shuffle it all. It's a trap. Don't fall for it.

giphy.gif

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Kmartin9928 said:

Izzy has 2 tattoos one on each arm what are they of?  

His guns N' roses (with swords instead of guns) tattoo:

d89a26d1616a9fe5da372cb39ad7eeb9.jpg

and then there's his name on the other arm but I'm not sure what's above it.

MzRQqxl.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

You're so cute. You made yourself pants like Izzy had? That touches my heart!:heart:

No, no. I made them when I was a teenager, yeah, I was an Izzy-GnR fan already but I didn't have so much access to pics so I saw those pics years later. I was always the rebel one. That's what happens when you are born the same year than the most important punk album of all times  (and one of my favorites) I'd dare to say "Never mind the bollocks" by Sex Pistols. But I really love his style and yeah, I took some hints from it, it actually looks great for girls too. I have a couple of caps, hats, bandanas I wear them all the time. It's like i can't leave my house without something over my head. :lol:

4 hours ago, Archtop said:

Some nice stories here, I was a big fan of guns and had loads of pictures on my wall of the whole band. I didn't have MTV so didn't get to see the videos on constant replay but would just trawl music magazines for information. I oscillated my affections between all of them ( I was kinda fickle that way) depending who looked coolest in the latest photos.

It was these from RiR 1991 that made me really notice Izzy, do not ask me why, it's not the coolest look in the book is it, with his black socks and plimsolls.? then seeing them at Wembley planting myself on Izzy side, sealed the deal- shame it was his last show.

Wow! So happy that you saw Izzy at Wembley! I'm jealous! You are so lucky. After all these years I've come to accept that I'll never see him live. :no: And ah, those skater pics are so hot! He looks just like your regular guy but so much cooler. I love that once he got clean he seemed to enjoy every place they go to its maximum.

3 hours ago, int8 said:

I was like 'yeah, Axl, go play your tambourine in the background, what I'm seeing now is the real deal'.

I'm crying. :rofl-lol:

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I feel the same. You know I wanted to sell my ticket cause it just didn't feel right. But yeah, closure it is. Me and my Izzy shirt will definitely go.

Love all your stories, guys! 100 pages!!!

tumblr_mlat447wTw1s4xl6qo1_500.gif

• Like 1

I debated about going last summer, but I caved and went, pretty much knowing Izzy wouldn't be there.  I DID get to see Steven, though, which nearly knocked my socks off.  I would've so kicked myself in the ass had I not gone.  And it was great show overall.  

I REFUSE, however, to pay out the ass for a ticket this time around in the states, though, unless I get Stizzy.  I can't believe they're asking the same *outrageous* amount for tix and giving us nothing different.  I mean, I can believe it, bc it's the GNR "machine" these days.  But it still pisses me off.

• Like 3

I actually like one thing about that Fortus video. He says "I play for GnR". At least he doesn't pretend he is GnR. :lol:

42 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

No @Darkenchantress don't give up on seeing Izzy live. I could just kick myself all over again for not going to London in 2012. I still think about that, I should've just got in my car and drove down there instead of going to all of the northern Axl band shows. :( 

Ah it sucks, doesn't it? I also missed Izzy in Barcelona in 2004 when he played with VR. I heard it was epic. But for real, I don't think I'll really have the chance anymore. Maybe if I lived on the States, where he sometimes plays with this or that band when he feels like it, but Europe? I don't think we'll be that lucky and to be honest it makes me very sad. :no:

36 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Just realise I started the page 100 ???:izzy:??:headbang:

We have 3 Izzy now

Izzy, 4Tus N' Duff:rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah they wished. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 1