Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

8 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Holy fucking shit what the hell is this? I almost had a heart attack?? :o

http://en.mediamass.net/people/izzy-stradlin/deathhoax.html

:facepalm:

P.S. ok, is that stupid site that makes up fake news but it popped on Twitter and it almost put me into cardiac arrest.

That happened to me a few months ago. My heart felt like it fell right out of my ass when I read the headline. With all the deaths last year I can't handle losing another musician I love. :cry:

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Sweet sweet stories you shared! I loved to read all of them.

Well, as I said before, I never fell for Izzy back in the day. Just until recently. I know - the ignorance, the blindness, is she deaf ?! - sheer horror. Right. Just don't throw me out of the gang right now, hear me out.

Back in the day when I first saw SCOM video on Sky Channel, I was THRILLED how pretty and attractive they all were. (Except Steven, same here, never was attracted by him). I liked them all but fell for Axl. Yup, gotta be honest to you. The media (print and tv) coverage at the time was solely on Axl and Slash and to be completly honest, I never even knew what Duff and Izzy looked like. After 1993 I totally moved on musically and never really looked back to GnR.

To make a long story short, it was the women's thread. One fine day someone posted this foto in the women's thread (was it one of you?)

And I couldn't believe his sense of style and cool, his badass, laid back attitude and beauty. That got me hooked and parallel I got interested musically to the guy who was said to be the heart and bone of the band. I started listening to his music on Spotify, listend to Jujus first time and fell for the music. And then there was this foto of a more recent Izzy (that little necklace there!)

and this video.

A decently aged man, badass cool guy, still playing great new music, still knows how to move and has no idea how twitter works. Adorable!

All that matters is that you came to the dark side eventually. Better late than never. :P

22 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Sweet sweet stories you shared! I loved to read all of them.

Well, as I said before, I never fell for Izzy back in the day. Just until recently. I know - the ignorance, the blindness, is she deaf ?! - sheer horror. Right. Just don't throw me out of the gang right now, hear me out.

Back in the day when I first saw SCOM video on Sky Channel, I was THRILLED how pretty and attractive they all were. (Except Steven, same here, never was attracted by him). I liked them all but fell for Axl. Yup, gotta be honest to you. The media (print and tv) coverage at the time was solely on Axl and Slash and to be completly honest, I never even knew what Duff and Izzy looked like. After 1993 I totally moved on musically and never really looked back to GnR.

To make a long story short, it was the women's thread. One fine day someone posted this foto in the women's thread (was it one of you?) 

Izzy%252BStradlin%252B14c4lkn.jpg

And I couldn't believe his sense of style and cool, his badass, laid back attitude and beauty. That got me hooked and parallel I got interested musically to the guy who was said to be the heart and bone of the band. I started listening to his music on Spotify, listend to Jujus first time and fell for the music. And then there was this foto of a more recent Izzy (that little necklace there!)

rs-4998-rectangle.jpg

and this video.

A decently aged man, badass cool guy, still playing great new music, still knows how to move and has no idea how twitter works. Adorable!

It's ok, @Tori72 -- I was a little late to the party, too. :lol:  But I'm sorry, no one can deny that Stradlin is the most classically good looking of all the Guns.  I mean, they can, I suppose - but they'd be wrong. Because I mean.....JESUS. :heart:screen-shot-2012-08-27-at-12-40-54-am.pn

When I fell for Izzy? Strangely enough after the first time I saw the St. Louis incident. There you have crazy Axl, in a fur coat, jumping from the stage, and in the back the coolest guy on Earth just playing his guitar with a face 'What the fuck is this fucker doing?'. Pretty much what I was thinking :P Then, while still discovering GN'R and watching footage from the 90's, you can tell that something is missing, the coolness is not there anymore, there's nothing to balance Axl's crazyness. If that doesn't make you fell for Izzy, then I don't know what will.

28 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Izzy%252BStradlin%252B14c4lkn.jpg

Oh this pic! Jesus, Mary, and Joseph :drool:

----

7 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

I mean, they can, I suppose - but they'd be wrong. 

Welcome to the gang! (For some reason I can't tag you, that's why I'm quoting you :P ) I'm sure you're gonna love it here, but I'm afraid that now you have to fall for Steven, it's like Stizzy Stradler heaven here :wub:

• Like 2

@dgnr Thanks!  And I do love Steven .... so much.  I mean, I feel like he's a lost soul still, after all these years.  And that makes me sad.  But his drumming style ... SO important to AFD <as we all know>. I can't remember what article I was reading awhile back, but the author <may have been Art Tavana?> said it was his drumming style that ultimately made AFD more "danceable" than the UYIs.  I thought that was such a good description.  That album had more soul...more rhythm...more groove..more *something*.  

58 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Holy fucking shit what the hell is this? I almost had a heart attack?? :o

http://en.mediamass.net/people/izzy-stradlin/deathhoax.html

:facepalm:

P.S. ok, is that stupid site that makes up fake news but it popped on Twitter and it almost put me into cardiac arrest.

Holy shit! You almost killed me with that!! :wow:

"Funny" thing is they make up several news. Here's Izzy voted sexiest man alive: http://en.mediamass.net/people/izzy-stradlin/sexiest-alive.html / Izzy working on a new album: http://en.mediamass.net/people/izzy-stradlin/new-album.html / Izzy getting married: http://en.mediamass.net/people/izzy-stradlin/married.html / Izzy going to have a baby: http://en.mediamass.net/people/izzy-stradlin/pregnancy-rumors.html / And of course, Izzy's nude photos: http://en.mediamass.net/people/izzy-stradlin/nude-pics.html :lol:

2 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

So... do you guys remember the first time you saw Izzy and realized you were lost forever? :lol: I do!

x7kbzON.gif

Silly banana pants, always in my heart. :wub:

tumblr_n0wlmsCOkh1s1eukio6_250.gif

I'd really love to hear your stories if you're up to it. :heart:

Honestly, I don't recall exactly when it was that I started appreciating Izzy as much as he deserved. Oddly enough, at first I was mainly a fan of those now known as the "big three" (people on the main forum would never believe this :P) which I assume has a lot to do with the fact that UYI II was the first record I ever owned and heard (by any band) and the UYI gigs were the first I got my hands on (mostly the ones from 92) so that takes Steven and Izzy out of the picture. It's like becoming a fan now and seeing those three at the shows and not the other two.

However, at some point, as I started to dig deeper and become insanely obsessed with the band, I started to discover how many songs had Izzy credited as one of the songwriters (including the one that made me fall madly in love with the band) and then as soon as I got to see older footage, everything changed for me. Still remember being blown away beyond words the first time I watched the Ritz gig as soon as Steven started playing It's So Easy. By that time, I was already an Izzy fan but watching him play and getting to hear how much better the band sounded, it sealed the thing for me. 

I still think the UYI shows are brilliant and might see some videos here and there (mostly of songs that weren't around before like YCBM, Dead Horse, Bad Obsession, Double Talkin' Jive, etc) but I don't even remember when was the last time I watched a full show from that tour, the real deal sounds so much better to me that it's hard to watch anything else.

Love that Stizzy Stradler gif btw :heart:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Sometime in 1990, watching MTV. Paradise City, the guy in the red pants. Lost forever...❤❤❤

IMG_4765.jpg

Do you remember those days? When MTV was really about music? Good times.

I sure do...I'm old lol. Was 15 in '92 went they were freaking huge!!!! All over MTV which was totally rad, lit and dope back then haha (Melissa speak :P)

9 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

It's so good!! Probably my favorite cover he's done. :headbang:

Next to the one and only stizzy cover we got that is ;)

The one on the drum is Steven?  Dat didnt sounds like Him:huh:

Not cover but Bucket O trouble is cool too

Edited by SerenityScorp

It says is Steven, yeah. I love those two (It's always funny that Do you love me seems to me dedicated to Axl and his obsession with Izzy not moving enough and no one will convince me otherwise :lol:) but I have infinite love for the Pressure Drop cover. I like it even more than The Clash's. Izzy makes it so his own. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

It says is Steven, yeah. I love those two (It's always funny that Do you love me seems to me dedicated to Axl and his obsession with Izzy not moving enough and no one will convince me otherwise :lol:) but I have infinite love for the Pressure Drop cover. I like it even more than The Clash's. Izzy makes it so his own. 

I love Izzy's cover but the Toots & The Maytals version will always be my favorite. Sorry, Izzy! :smiley-confused2: 

Izzy did a good job covering it at the end though. rock4

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Yes, exactly. Thanks so much for posting! :lol:

Absolutely my pleasure.

e7a105fe275b67599aa9fc46574a889c.jpg

I love those pants, I need to do something with my boring black pants. :awesomeface:

BTW, I just saw this pic again. Am I the only one who thought those were actually Izzy and Annica in RiR when it's actually Axl? :rofl-lol: I only realized it was Axl when I watched the footage of it. :ph34r:

24457cc92dc443ebd20d34546e793403.jpg

4 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I love Izzy's cover but the Toots & The Maytals version will always be my favorite. Sorry, Izzy! :smiley-confused2: 

Izzy did a good job covering it at the end though. rock4

But of course! The cover is rarely better than the original always unless you are Johnny Cash, in which case such rule doesn't apply to you and can do whatever the fuck you want. :lol:

I love it when Izzy does reggae. This live version of Marley's Keep on moving... I love the end when they turn it into Shuffle it all.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I love it when Izzy does reggae. This live version of Marley's Keep on moving... I love the end when they turn it into Shuffle it all.

Just listening this, Why Shuffle it All in the end XD, Love it tho :dance:

Edited by SerenityScorp

32 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

But of course! The cover is rarely better than the original always unless you are Johnny Cash, in which case such rule doesn't apply to you and can do whatever the fuck you want. :lol:

This was new to me, thanks! :wub:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Absolutely my pleasure.

e7a105fe275b67599aa9fc46574a889c.jpg

I guess if I had seen Izzy like that back in the day, my turn around would have happend then. 

BTW, I just saw this pic again. Am I the only one who thought those were actually Izzy and Annica in RiR when it's actually Axl? :rofl-lol: I only realized it was Axl when I watched the footage of it. :ph34r:

24457cc92dc443ebd20d34546e793403.jpg

No, this weet smile is only for Axl. :wub::rofl-lol: (And I always knew it's Axl.)

New to me, too. Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I know I know. I already did when I was younger. :lol:

You're so cute. You made yourself pants like Izzy had? That touches my heart!:heart:

I have a 'Come on now inside'-obsession going at the moment. And I love Baby Rann. And this one

Edited by Tori72

Some nice stories here, I was a big fan of guns and had loads of pictures on my wall of the whole band. I didn't have MTV so didn't get to see the videos on constant replay but would just trawl music magazines for information. I oscillated my affections between all of them ( I was kinda fickle that way) depending who looked coolest in the latest photos.

It was these from RiR 1991 that made me really notice Izzy, do not ask me why, it's not the coolest look in the book is it, with his black socks and plimsolls.? then seeing them at Wembley planting myself on Izzy side, sealed the deal- shame it was his last show.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I guess if I had seen Izzy like that back in the day, my turn around would have happend then. 

No, this weet smile is only for Axl. :wub::rofl-lol: (And I always knew it's Axl.)

New to me, too. Thanks!

You're so cute. You made yourself pants like Izzy had? That touches my heart!:heart:

I have a 'Come on now inside'-obsession going at the moment. And I love Baby Rann. And this one

Just listening to tht vid not really like it, I prefer this 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archtop said:

Some nice stories here, I was a big fan of guns and had loads of pictures on my wall of the whole band. I didn't have MTV so didn't get to see the videos on constant replay but would just trawl music magazines for information. I oscillated my affections between all of them ( I was kinda fickle that way) depending who looked coolest in the latest photos.

It was these from RiR 1991 that made me really notice Izzy, do not ask me why, it's not the coolest look in the book is it, with his black socks and plimsolls.? then seeing them at Wembley planting myself on Izzy side, sealed the deal- shame it was his last show.

You were at his last show?! :wow: I cannot even begin to describe how jealous I am right now. :lol: I also loved those skateboarding pics when I was younger. That view is to die for and I'm not just talking about the beach/mountains behind him. ;) 

All these live videos are making me a bit sad that we never got a high quality video of his shows before he stopped playing. :( 

In other news, we're almost at 100 pages, witches!

giphy.gif