Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

11 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I see people proposing to Izzy on Twitter. WTF? Stay away! That tweet is OURS! We go first! :bitchfight:

:lol:

But seriously. 

Reveal hidden contents

:crazy: 

I admire your ability to go on twitter daily and deal with that craziness. 

I just can't do it. I always end up with a massive headache.

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

I see people proposing to Izzy on Twitter. WTF? Stay away! That tweet is OURS! We go first! :bitchfight:

:lol:

But seriously. 

Reveal hidden contents

:crazy: 

I don't have twitter. But I would propose for the mods to send him like 10 questions on his twitter. Then he can post the answers for the whole world to see when he feels ready. I think it would be better off than having him here, more organized way to get answers

OK I'm on a mission, all information I have googled and is not based on fact.?

I have read several times that Izzy was offered a 5 figure amount, to do the first few shows. I take  this would mean Troubadour, Vegas, South America and Coachella, I would assume his offered two song per show like Steven, making 14 songs in total.

I read an article that estimates roughly 40 percent of tour revenue goes to costs, 30 percent to commissions, and 30 percent, pretax, to the act. I have no idea if these figures are real, where's Fernie when you need him.

Billboard states the first leg of the tour featured sold-out shows in West Hollywood, Las Vegas and Mexico City grossing a total of $15.5 million. In addition Guns N' Roses headlined one day each weekend of the Coachella Festival earning an unknown figure. did we ever get a ball part figure for Coachella, just googling it seem to vary headline acts from 300-400,000 a night to Prince being offered 2 million over 2 nights. So I if I take somewhere in the middle, they were taking $750,000 per show?

My maths is bad, but I work out $17,000,000 was made across 7 shows, deductions of 70% costs (seems high :shrugs:) They walk away with $5,100,000 in profit Axl, Slash and Duff all other artists being paid out in costs. That's $728,571.43 per show split equally by 3 for the sake of argument is $242,857.14 each. An average of 22 songs a night would make a song worth $11,038 each (fuck). ?

As far as I can figure if it splitting the loot fairly with my  very rough estimated calculations Izzy should have been offered approx $154,532.00 based on 14 songs before tax.

I am well aware this is guess work but I wanted to know how reasonable a 5 figure number was. Anyone who has more substantial figures,or knows something of tour cost workings, feel free to correct me. ?

Edited by Archtop

4 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I'm a Twitter geek and the weather today is awful. :rolleyes: 

I have two acounts, one of which is GnR only. I spend way too much time scrolling, but it does mean I can like Izzy twice?

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

OK I'm on a mission, all information I have googled and is not based on fact.?

I have read several times that Izzy was offered a 5 figure amount, to do the first few shows. I take  this would mean Troubadour, Vegas, South America and Coachella, I would assume his offered two song per show like Steven, making 14 songs in total.

I read an article that estimates roughly 40 percent of tour revenue goes to costs, 30 percent to commissions, and 30 percent, pretax, to the act. I have no idea if these figures are real, where's Fernie when you need him.

Billboard states the first leg of the tour featured sold-out shows in West Hollywood, Las Vegas and Mexico City grossing a total of $15.5 million. In addition Guns N' Roses headlined one day each weekend of the Coachella Festival earning an unknown figure. did we ever get a ball part figure for Coachella, just googling it seem to vary headline acts from 300-400,000 a night to Prince being offered 2 million over 2 nights. So I if I take somewhere in the middle, they were taking $750,000 per show?

My maths is bad, but I work out $17,000,000 was made across 7 shows, deductions of 70% costs (seems high :shrugs:) They walk away with $5,100,000 in profit Axl, Slash and Duff all other artists being paid out in costs. That's $728,571.43 per show split equally by 3 for the sake of argument is $242,857.14 each. An average of 22 songs a night would make a song worth $11,038 each (fuck). ?

As far as I can figure if it splitting the loot fairly with my  very rough estimated calculations Izzy should have been offered approx $154,532.00 based on 14 songs before tax.

I am well aware this is guess work but I wanted to know how reasonable a 5 figure number was. Anyone who has more substantial figures,or knows something of tour cost workings, feel free to correct me. ?

I've tried to respond to this twice and the forum keeps booting me out and erasing my post.

giphy.gif

---------------------

I don't think there is a way to accurately guess what he was offered because there are so many different scenarios that are floating around. The rumor that has the most legs is that the band is guaranteed at least 1 mill per show. Split 50% to Axl, 30% to Slash, & 20% to Duff. In that case I think your estimates are probably right.

But, we don't know if his offer was a full time or a guest spot. And we don't know what the guest spot would entail... 1-2 songs, 1 show per country? Like they offered to Steven? Hypothetically if he did 2-3 songs per show he probably would've been offered around 30-60k per show. (:vomit:)

The other rumor that comes into play is one of the big three asking for more money last minute. I think we can pretty much guess it was Slash or Duff. Did that bump Izzy down to 20-30k per show?

Honestly, it's all such a mess... no wonder why Izzy bowed out. :lol: I've got a headache and I'm not even involved.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I agree with your post (I wasn't reading the forum last night but I understand what you mean) except for the part in bold. Axl has been receiving a lot of criticism in this forum, even from people who are his and NuGnR fans. I've seen loads of posts in the main section about Axl sounding like shit and not respecting his fans, and rarely the people who have such opinions have been labeled as trolls. The people who support Axl on everything are very few.

I think the difference is that the criticism towards Axl is considered well-deserved by many and not seen as bashing.

I can see that for sure. For me it feels like bashing because a lot of posters are flip flopping around and taking shots solely because they don't like Izzy's decision to not be a part of NITL. Before NITL, I rarely (If ever) saw people saying Izzy couldn't play guitar or that he's worthless. Now that he's on the outs with GNR we cant have one thread without him being heavily criticized. Even threads that are solely for discussing his solo music turn into a war zone by page 2.

It just reminds me of when Slash was on the outs. He was bashed pretty heavily around here but now that he's back in GNR it's all sugar and rainbows. It's ok to not like Izzy, that's all personal taste. But to bash him everywhere for his choice to not be involved with the circus is a pretty low blow. Especially because I feel like 90% of these people would be back to kissing his butt tomorrow if he showed up at one of the GNR shows. :shrugs:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

I almost had a heart attack the other day when I woke up to go work and saw that tweeted to us.. the loyal Izzy fans..  I was at work and kept checking this forum but couldn't write on here until now.  Didn't want to get in trouble.  like I have said before I only respond in the Izzy forums.. loving Izzy reading what we write.. I feel I should go back and reread what I wrote And DELETE them.. Izzy should be use to writing something and then deleting them.  Learning from the master of writing and deleting!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kmartin9928 said:

I almost had a heart attack the other day when I woke up to go work and saw that tweeted to us.. the loyal Izzy fans..  I was at work and kept checking this forum but couldn't write on here until now.  Didn't want to get in trouble.  like I have said before I only respond in the Izzy forums.. loving Izzy reading what we write.. I feel I should go back and reread what I wrote And DELETE them.. Izzy should be use to writing something and then deleting them.  Learning from the master of writing and deleting!!

lol Don't you dare! This thread is pure gold and everything stays! :P

:ph34r: This post will self-destruct in t-1 hour. :ph34r:

Edited by Kris_1989

6 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Wasn't there a rumor a couple months ago that he had been offered 40K for 4 shows or something like that? :shrugs:Probably Troubador, Las Vegas and Coachella. Here it is.

I based my figures on equal share as Duff was reported to say he wanted 25%. So 40k for 4 shows would still have been low regardless of it being a full show or just 8 songs. However I do concede that the figures they offered him would have been based on estimated earnings if they have made considerably more than projected it could be why the figure is low. If Izzy was wise enough to foresee this, it  could be why he was asking for a percentage of earnings rather then a set fee. 

6 hours ago, Jane M. said:

I admire your ability to go on twitter daily and deal with that craziness. 

I just can't do it. I always end up with a massive headache.

Im one of those crazy tweets but Im not propose Izzy,  just posted couple of silly tweets to Him,  trying to make Him tweet. Thank God He didnt know how to block Someone:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

It just reminds me of when Slash was on the outs. He was bashed pretty heavily around here

Had I been in the forum back then, I'm sure I would have been banned :lol: No one messes with Slash in my presence :max:

3 hours ago, Kmartin9928 said:

I was at work and kept checking this forum but couldn't write on here

The exact same thing happened to me! I was trying to post but couldn't because I was working and it was driving me crazyyyy!!! :rofl-lol:

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

I suck at math and I'm a bit drunk. 

Cheeeeeeers?️️?

LOL. Post of the day!!

I'm not drunk but feel like it after reading @Archtop's post :P Too many numbers, I'm so dizzy right now! I hate using the word dizzy because of a certain sack licker :ph34r:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Had I been in the forum back then, I'm sure I would have been banned :lol: No one messes with Slash in my presence :max:

The exact same thing happened to me! I was trying to post but couldn't because I was working and it was driving me crazyyyy!!! :rofl-lol:

LOL. Post of the day!!

I'm not drunk but feel like it after reading @Archtop's post :P Too many numbers, I'm so dizzy right now! I hate using the word dizzy because of a certain sack licker :ph34r:

Well U can use the word D-Izzy or The Izzy;)

9 hours ago, Archtop said:

I have two acounts, one of which is GnR only. I spend way too much time scrolling, but it does mean I can like Izzy twice?

I am in love with twitter and have the best filter bubble ever there.  I am currently thinking about a second one so I can tweet to Izzy. :P

32 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

n0C6mwm.png

Update from Joey Huffman... Does that mean we'll get a new Izzy video eventually? :awesomeface:

Link to donate/preorder if you're interested: https://www.gofundme.com/joey-huffman-solo-project

Great!  Looking forward to those videos  and to the music of course.

I cannot say anything to @Archtop maths.  These are far too many numbers for me.  And also I'm not really interested in how much money they offered Izzy or not. they either have offered him an acceptable sum and Izzy just wanted more or they have not offered him something exceptable  which means thy didn't wanna share justly. Whatever it is, it will remain speculations on our side.  What ever it is, it won't alter  my love for neither Izzy nor for the reunion of the big 3. :shrugs:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Guys, we are one little step away to make a guest appearance on AltNation :lol::facepalm:

http://www.alternativenation.net/izzy-stradlin-makes-surprising-guns-n-roses-shout/

They even used @Andy14 gif.

I knew this was going to happen :facepalm:  But I wasn't expecting the gif and the picture of mygnrform members holding the Izzy banner.