What Are You Listening To 2017

Rovim

Just now, bucketfoot said:

Yeah I know. I think I'll know pretty quickly if I'm gonna like it or not, any particular albums I should look at? 'Odyssey' is the one with 'Heaven Tonight' right?

Also, you should've posted that in 80's Rock Moves for 3:04 alone! :lol: I'm the only one keeping that thread going, don't want it to die. :(

awwwww that thread confuses me but i'll try. choose anything...maybe some Alcatraz? and yes Heaven Tonight is on Odyssey :)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

awwwww that thread confuses me but i'll try. choose anything...maybe some Alcatraz? and yes Heaven Tonight is on Odyssey :)

Confuses you? Too many bright colours and offensive hairstyles? :lol: It descended into me just posting videos of virtually every hair metal band I could think of and making random comments which nobody has probably even read... quite sad really. :lol:

5 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

The Fred Durst/Predator hybrid years, looks even more ridiculous now than it did at the time. :lol: I think he felt he had to outdo Buckethead in the outrageous image department. :lol:

But the band was on fire. I wish they would play RQ like this during the NITL tour 

Just now, Sosso said:

But the band was on fire. I wish they would play RQ like this during the NITL tour 

Oh yeah, the band sounded great, no doubt about it. I wish Axl could've held the Buckethead line-up together longer, there was a lot of potential. I remember seeing the first photos of him in the band, it immediately got me interested in GN'R again (I hadn't heard of him before that), a bloke in a mime mask wearing a KFC bucket as a crown, brilliant! :lol:

5 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Oh yeah, the band sounded great, no doubt about it. I wish Axl could've held the Buckethead line-up together longer, there was a lot of potential. I remember seeing the first photos of him in the band, it immediately got me interested in GN'R again (I hadn't heard of him before that), a bloke in a mime mask wearing a KFC bucket as a crown, brilliant! :lol:

Indeed. I wish that he could've stayed longer in the band too. I like his lead guitar on CD much more than Bumblefoots. 

Robin Finck leaving the band was another big mistake. DJ Ashba was good for SIXX:AM but definitly not for GN'R.

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Indeed. I wish that he could've stayed longer in the band too. I like his lead guitar on CD much more than Bumblefoots. 

Robin Finck leaving the band was another big mistake. DJ Ashba was good for SIXX:AM but definitly not for GN'R.

I think it was only with Buckethead in the band that Axl could've met his vison of where he wanted GN'R to go at that point, when he left it must've been a major blow, and then Finck too. Once they hired Ashba it suggested he'd pretty much given up, nothing against him as a person but he isn't anywhere near the level required for GN'R, I agree.

17 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

:lol: In the words of Hucknall "If you don't know me by now..."

for some strange reason that song has been going through my head lately...

@Len Cnut maybe this will help? :) and this quote? "And there you see the distinction between our feelings: had he been in my place and I in his, though I hated him with a hatred that turned my life to gall, I never would have raised a hand against him… as long as she desired his. The moment her regard ceased, I would have torn his heart out, and drank his blood! But till then… I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head." (11.294)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

ok so the only time i ever saw this man perform was ages ago, like jr high or earlier? anyway he came out for one of his songs dressed as a friggin' CHICKEN so it hard to take him seriously. but then one day @Len Cnut saw that i had posted some deprecating remarks about it yes sirhe schooled me in it pretty well! said whatever excuses iha were not valid enough for me to be cutting down a very serious and good piece of work. and, as i have come to know, he was right. so as an apology to Len and to try and redeem himself, here is a piece of his musician's work i dismissed so cavalierly...