The whining thread

john lennon

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Timothy Dalton was the best Bond. Absolute travesty that he didn't get to make more movies.

Hey Jude is shit also.

My in laws live in Texas. There's no such thing as a wicket over there.

If they made a wicket? I imagine it would be a bit of a dust bowl. A lot for the leggies on a hypothetical Texan wicket.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But I don't posses the national incongruence that you have. The grumpy Englishman is a thorough extent specie. I have never denied belonging to its genera. 

You are a grumpy Englishman in denial.

I never denied being grumpy, but they come in all nationalities. You have to broaden your horizons, do some travelling, see some other cultures. It'll do you good!

I also hate travelling abroad. Why do people put themselves through this misery? Remove their whole back accounts for such pain? Name one holiday when you were truly happy. Go on: name it? If you produce an answer then you're a liar. It is awful - the whole excruciating experience, from airport to hotel, to airport. You are forced to put on fake grins and drink crack beer and go through the whole horrid experience. People post their travel photos online and go, ''look at me, I am enjoying myself because I'm abroad. Look at me. I'm a cock''. Absolute wank. You get bum raped at the airport. There are about fifty procedures to go through (check in, blah blah, I get disorientated). You then get to the hotel. Oh, it is horrid. Everything about travelling abroad is truly horrid. 

Just stay at home. It is much easier. It is an easier life. You have your amenities and your 'Spoons. 

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I never denied being grumpy, but they come in all nationalities. You have to broaden your horizons, do some travelling, see some other cultures. It'll do you good!

Holland is crossed off of my list

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Holland is crossed off of my list

I don't blame you. I prefer to stay away from Holland as much as possible too. The Netherlands are fine, but screw Holland.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I also hate travelling abroad. Why do people put themselves through this misery? Remove their whole back accounts for such pain? Name one holiday when you were truly happy. Go on: name it? If you produce an answer then you're a liar. It is awful - the whole excruciating experience, from airport to hotel, to airport. You are forced to put on fake grins and drink crack beer and go through the whole horrid experience. People post their travel photos online and go, ''look at me, I am enjoying myself because I'm abroad. Look at me. I'm a cock''. Absolute wank. You get bum raped at the airport. There are about fifty procedures to go through (check in, blah blah, I get disorientated). You then get to the hotel. Oh, it is horrid. Everything about travelling abroad is truly horrid. 

Just stay at home. It is much easier. It is an easier life. You have your amenities and your 'Spoons. 

That's just sad...

Just now, EvanG said:

I don't blame you. I prefer to stay away from Holland as much as possible too. The Netherlands are fine, but screw Holland.

That's just sad...

You completely misunderstand me. I have done the travelling thing. I may have traveled to more places than you in fact. I backpacked around Spain. I did the whole travelling thing. It is awful. Not the places but the actual experience of travelling. It was slow arriving at this perception but I eventually did so. 

You know why Brits are always drunk abroad? Because the experience of travelling has locked them into this mindset of, I should be enjoying this, and the only way to enjoy it is to reach for the booze because it is so depressing and such a forced scenario.

Stay at home. When I am at home I have my cricket and my books and music and bits and bobs. I am happy. I miss my family when I am abroad - I have nephews and a niece. I went to Greece and I just wanted to return to the toon to be honest. Load of bollocks.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You completely misunderstand me. I have done the travelling thing. I may have traveled to more places than you in fact. I backpacked around Spain. I did the whole travelling thing. It is awful. Not the places but the actual experience of travelling. It was slow arriving at this perception but I eventually did so. 

You know why Brits are always drunk abroad? Because the experience of travelling has locked them into this mindset of, I should be enjoying this, and the only way to enjoy it is to reach for the booze because it is so depressing and such a forced scenario.

Stay at home. When I am at home I have my cricket and my books and music and bits and bobs. I am happy. I miss my family when I am abroad - I have nephews and a niece. I went to Greece and I just wanted to return to the toon to be honest. Load of bollocks.

I know what you meant. I don't mind the actual travelling, being out on the road, seeing all kinds of different people and situations and feeling a sense of freedom. Maybe I'm not as easily bored as you? 

The only thing that gets tiring is being confined to a small space like a plane or bus for 15 hours, especially if you're 6'3. But I can deal with that too.

Oh, and I doubt that you've travelled to more places than me.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

No one wants the Toon, not ever :lol:

I'd rather be in the toon than where I was in Greece - I can tell you that.

It is all rubbish at the end of day. I actually think 99.9% of tourism is about posting pictures on facebook of you pretending to enjoy yourself.

Name one holiday anyone truly enjoyed? Deep in their heart, name one? Exactly!

I also go to these places with a full itinerary planned - macchu picu, the Picasso museum, the palace at Knossos etc etc - and I just end up hitting the boozer to be honest. Firstly I need to cure my anus as I had to pass through customs. Secondly, my bank account has been cleared out so I need to organise a loan. Thirdly I have blisters on my feet and am knackered from all the walking. So I just want to go to the pub for two weeks to recover. 

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I know what you meant. I don't mind the actual travelling, being out on the road, seeing all kinds of different people and situations and feeling a sense of freedom. Maybe I'm not as easily bored as you? 

The only thing that gets tiring is being confined to a small space like a plane or bus for 15 hours, especially if you're 6'3. But I can deal with that too.

Oh, and I doubt that you've travelled to more places than me.

Why would you doubt that? You know nothing about me?

I actually think even on my more successful holidays - Rome for instance - it was a bit phoney. ''Look, I am having a good time. Look at me in this photo. Look at me in front of the Coliseum''. I love Rome though, probably above every other city, but there is still something phoney about foreign tourism.

In my defence I had a horrendous holiday in Greece - a ''holiday from hell'' - last time round. I won the thing so it wasn't my ideal place to go. Everything that went wrong went wrong.

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

seeing all kinds of different people

You write off every group you meet. You are one of those most xenophobic people I've come across. Don't act all ''liberal'' mate - ''meeting people la-di-da'' because that is just a load of shite. You have disparage the whole of Briton on a continuous basis. You hate the Germans also.

As I said, I liked Holland until I come across you.

I'd rather be in the toon than where I was in Greece - I can tell you that.

It is all rubbish at the end of day. I actually think 99.9% of tourism is about posting pictures on facebook of you pretending to enjoy yourself.

Name one holiday anyone truly enjoyed? Deep in their heart, name one? Exactly!

I also go to these places with a full itinerary planned - macchu picu, the Picasso museum, the palace at Knossos etc etc - and I just end up hitting the boozer to be honest. Firstly I need to cure my anus as I had to pass through customs. Secondly, my bank account has been cleared out so I need to organise a loan. Thirdly I have blisters on my feet and am knackered from all the walking. So I just want to go to the pub for two weeks to recover. 

Overall though, all your travels abroad, you reckon you'd be better off having not done em?  I mean financially obviously but I mean as a person?  I've been on this forum with you a while now and it feels like you were quite informed about a great many things as a result of your travels.  Speaking as someone thats never been no fuckin' place its interesting that you say all this now, I mean you've been a few places haven't you, do you think you'd be the same person without it all?  

but there is still something phoney about foreign tourism.

There's a sort of first world box ticking feel to it to me.  I've always felt like, to do it, to properly do it, instead of like the whole 'as many places as possible' approach, one should perhaps try living permanently in different places for maybe like 5 years or more at a time.  How many cultures can you really like...properly assimilate in one lifetime?  Two or three maybe?  I dunno.  And why the Stalinist dedication to assimilating?

Edited by Len Cnut

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why would you doubt that? You know nothing about me?

I'm doing the same as you. You've assumed so much about me on here which has been complete ''rubbish'', to stick to your vocabulary, and from what you just said and the impression I get from you, and the fact that I've travelled the world several times, I highly doubt that you've travelled more than me.

I can't name one holiday I didn't enjoy. Maybe one with my parents that I was forced to go on. But since then I've enjoyed every holiday/travel I've done and I try to travel and see a country/city I've never been to at least three times a year, if my financial situation allows it, which unfortunately isn't always the case. You learn so much and see so much when you're in a foreign place, unless you're the dullest person in the world with no interests at all. You must be one miserable prick being able to walk through Rome and not enjoy that amazing city and history. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

You write off every group you meet. You are one of those most xenophobic people I've come across.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

I'm doing the same as you. You've assumed so much about me on here which has been complete ''rubbish'', to stick to your vocabulary, and from what you just said and the impression I get from you, and the fact that I've travelled the world several times, I highly doubt that you've travelled more than me.

I can't name one holiday I didn't enjoy. Maybe one with my parents that I was forced to go on. But since then I've enjoyed every holiday/travel I've done and I try to travel and see a country/city I've never been to at least three times a year, if my financial situation allows it, which unfortunately isn't always the case. You learn so much and see so much when you're in a foreign place, unless you're the dullest person in the world with no interests at all. You must be one miserable prick being able to walk through Rome and not enjoy that amazing city and history. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Well you have just misunderstood everything I wrote, so thus ends the conversation. I am not disparaging the places, merely the actual travelling.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Overall though, all your travels abroad, you reckon you'd be better off having not done em?  I mean financially obviously but I mean as a person?  I've been on this forum with you a while now and it feels like you were quite informed about a great many things as a result of your travels.  Speaking as someone thats never been no fuckin' place its interesting that you say all this now, I mean you've been a few places haven't you, do you think you'd be the same person without it all?  

I enjoy my cricket. My music. My books. I cannot be arsed anymore. Then again I'm incredibly lazy. I went to Barcelona and my day was thus,

- walk to the beach 

- buy a big bottle of beer (you can buy these in Spain, massive wine bottle sizes of beer)

- Plonk myself on the beach

And that was me for the day.

I cannot stand Picasso. The queue for the Picasso museum was a mile long, and he is a painter I dislike. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I enjoy my cricket. My music. My books. I cannot be arsed anymore. Then again I'm incredibly lazy. I went to Barcelona and my day was thus,

- walk to the beach 

- buy a big bottle of beer (you can buy these in Spain, massive wine bottle sizes of beer)

- Plonk myself on the beach

And that was me for the day.

I cannot stand Picasso. The queue for the Picasso museum was a mile long, and he is a painter I dislike. 

Cannot be arsed anymore, right but what I'm asking is, having travelled as you clearly have, looking back, would you say none of its been worth it?

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well you have just misunderstood everything I wrote, so thus ends the conversation. I am not disparaging the places, merely the actual travelling.

Yes, you already said that, and then you went on about taking photos and posting it on facebook, which is what everyone does. I think it's best if you never leave England, stay in your room posting on the GnR forum every day, all day, like you already do, making long posts about everything British and let the world pass you by. At least you've got your books and music. 

So do most people, but most still prefer to see a historical city or see ''The Starry Night'' in real life and not only read about it in books. But you wouldn't like that long flight from Jolly Old England to New York City, so it's best that you stay where you are.

Edited by EvanG

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Yes, you already said that, and then you went on about taking photos and posting it on facebook, which is what everyone does. I think it's best if you never leave England, stay in your room posting on the GnR forum every day, all day, like you already do, making long posts about everything British and let the world pass you by. At least you've got your books and music. 

So do most people, but most still prefer to see a historical city or see ''The Starry Night'' in real life and not only read about it in books. But you wouldn't like that long flight from Jolly Old England to New York City, so it's best if you stay where you are.

I might go to Germany. Buy a German football team. Cheer on German superiority over your miserable little country. 

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

So do most people, but most still prefer to see a historical city or see ''The Starry Night'' in real life and not only read about it in books. But you wouldn't like that long flight from Jolly Old England to New York City, so it's best that you stay where you are.

The Starry Night is in New York?  Who woulda thunk it..

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I might go to Germany. Buy a German football team. Cheer on German superiority over your miserable little country. 

Steady on now! :lol: 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Buy a German football team? The other day you said that you couldn't even afford a ticket for the Rolling Stones, but that's cute, though. 

I think Daisy is getting mad.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

The Starry Night is in New York?  Who woulda thunk it..

Yeah, it's in the MoMA. I was so cheap when I was there that I waited for thursday night, because that's the only night of the week that you can get in for free. It was worth it, though.