The whining thread

john lennon

But fine, I'll go back to whining about the weather. Next week is the third week of September and we are expecting temperatures of almost 30 degrees. I have been wearing short pants around the house since April... that just ain't normal for the climate I live in.

Edited by janrichmond

36 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I never understood why its called balti.  balti is hindu or urdu for 'bucket'. 

There’s a place called Baltistan. 

But it’s a made up thing in Birmingham isn’t the Balti House. Curry house you bring your own booze? 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I thought they were woks.

Hindu buckets I rate. But a wok is a good comparison. Hindu woks. Anyway a Balti is more about the pot than the pastry. I guess. That could of been at least 4 posts. 

Edited by wasted
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Because it's served in a bucket like bowl you ignoramus! :lol: 

How can you have a bowl like a bucket?  Its either a fuckin’ bowl or a bucket, there’s no fuckin’ in-between to that is it, what the fucks a bucket-like bowl? :lol:  Either serve it in a bucket or call it somethin’ else :lol:  And whys the name of the food dictated by the vessel its served in, so any fuckin’ thing thrown in that ‘bucket’ its served in should be called balti whatever, bunch a load of skittles in and call em fuckin’ balti skittles :lol:  A KFC buckets called a bucket cuz its a bucket made of card, not a big fuck off cast iron wok :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

Epic fail flirting with the cutie at the head shop. Gotta be one of the cringiest moments of my life! :facepalm:

Was buying a vape and she asked what colour. I asked if she thought one should coordinate the vape colour with ones face or the living room it will be used in. She, a very stoned person who works at a head shop, stared at me. At first it was a blank stare, then a look of concern as if I were having a stroke. Finally I apologized for my bad joke. She laughed politely. Only saving grace was by the end of the transaction she had a vibe like 'I dont know whats going on other then that we are flirting, and I like it.' She then added I should come back and let her know how i like the vape. So at least it wasnt a total disaster.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Epic fail flirting with the cutie at the head shop. Gotta be one of the cringiest moments of my life! :facepalm:

Was buying a vape and she asked what colour. I asked if she thought one should coordinate the vape colour with ones face or the living room it will be used in. She, a very stoned person who works at a head shop, stared at me. At first it was a blank stare, then a look of concern as if I were having a stroke. Finally I apologized for my bad joke. She laughed politely. Only saving grace was by the end of the transaction she had a vibe like 'I dont know whats going on other then that we are flirting, and I like it.' She then added I should come back and let her know how i like the vape. So at least it wasnt a total disaster.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

You are not shagging around, are you? I seem to recall you trying to chat up some other bird.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are not shagging around, are you? I seem to recall you trying to chat up some other bird.

I am now happily dating that other bird, Im pleased to say. Its not that serious yet - no 'lets be exclusive' talk yet. Although I did stop dating this other hipster women because it just was never going to stand up to they new lady. I think I have just become a habitual flirt in the last year or so. Hmmm, I guess I'll have to start reigning that in now that I have someone I want to get serious about. Good point.