The whining thread

john lennon

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I can just picture Daisy travelling to Greece, an expectant glimmer in his eyes as he rummages through his basement filling his suitcase with his beloved history books; and then it isn't at all like he dreamed it would be, no whitewashed temples with toga-clad lecturers discussing with their pupils, no enlightened discourse in the forums, no pre-industrial silence for philosophical contemplation, no naked young men wrestling in the arenas, but just grimy, dirty reality of the 21th century, like Newcastle just a lot more people being more swarthy and harder to understand.

The Acropolis is just some fallen down stones and it’s hot as fuck “My friend let me be your personal

guide, no tricks, no money, I be your friend, no tips....300 US dollars, special price, I see you everything, girls? You like girls? Watch? 200? 100?”

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The travelling is the best part. The exhilarating feeling when the plane lifts off, your nose against the window as the train lumbers onwards, your hands on the wheel and mountains in the distance. It is just a feeling of excitement and everything-can-happen-now. Just knowing you are going somewhere, to something exciting, new places and new people. I love it. I will always love it. Then comes the joy of the destination itself: good restaurants, jogging in a new city, experiencing a great beach, being at historical places, room service, getting drunk in a new city, going to concerts. It's fantastic. And if you trivial process of going through security somehow overshadows all this, well, then you are not doing it right. Security takes 5 minutes, unless you have a blundering fool in front of you who does everything wrong.

Exactly. There's this gypsy feel to it and it's great. Sure, there are those moments when you're confined to a small space for almost twenty hours (on a bus or plane) that gets a bit annoying, especially if you're kinda tall and you can barely move. But I'll put up with that easily knowing what's in store for me and knowing all the new and beautiful things I'm going to see.

I've done these long European bus rides and call me crazy, but I love stopping at some bus station in some unknown city at 4 am and seeing all the different people there in the dead of night. There's so much to see... you always have this family running around with all their suitcases going god knows where, the backpackers who are always in a hurry, the confused old man who is walking to different busses not knowing which one is his, the Asian tourists who barely speak English but still know exactly how to get around, the mysterious cute girl travelling on her own and looking all cool. And during the day how can you not enjoy the scenery? I don't mind waiting at airports either. I put my music on and watch all the different kinds of people pass me by or listen to all the different languages.

Even if I hated the actual travelling, I'd still put up with it because it's a small price to pay to explore a new country and city.

So yeah, it is sad when someone stops going abroad just because they hate the actual travelling and miss out on so much only because of something that silly.

9 hours ago, wasted said:

It’s meant to be brutal. 2-3 weeks. Well 6 days Beijing - Moscow but that’s direct, no stops. Some nice scenery but also a lot of  not so much. You sleep on the train. Most people can’t take a 6 hour flight. I doubt there’s movies on Trans-Siberia. So what 12 bottles wine. Might have to go vodka. Mind the cards and russian phrase book. 

10 hours ago, wasted said:

It doesn’t seem to effect me. I need a drink before I can do anything. I’m not talking about getting hammered. 

Like talking the Trans Siberian express to Moscow I’m going to drink all day.  But in a city around about lunch I’m having a beer or something. Beer is like a cup of tea really. 

I think your alcoholism is in a whole different league than mine. I'm probably a teetotaler compared to you. 

But yes, that Trans-Siberia express is something I will hopefully do some day. I really want to go to Russia anyway, I've been to Eastern Europe a lot, but never Russia and I've always been fascinated by it. Plus Eastern European/Russian women are the prettiest.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Jeez, I can sense the sexual tension between @DieselDaisy and @EvanG ...can you? Find out if things get real nasssty on the next episode of MyGNR Gone Wild: The Odd Couple Edition

:lol:

I think he's still mad at me. He even started saying things I've never said. He always does that when I get to him : (

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I can just picture Daisy travelling to Greece, an expectant glimmer in his eyes as he rummages through his basement filling his suitcase with his beloved history books; and then it isn't at all like he dreamed it would be, no whitewashed temples with toga-clad lecturers discussing with their pupils, no enlightened discourse in the forums, no pre-industrial silence for philosophical contemplation, no naked young men wrestling in the arenas, but just grimy, dirty reality of the 21th century, like Newcastle just a lot more people being more swarthy and harder to understand.

More swarthy and harder to understand than the Geordies? :lol: Have you ever actually been to Newcastle? :P 

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Exactly. There's this gypsy feel to it and it's great. Sure, there are those moments when you're confined to a small space for almost twenty hours (on a bus or plane) that gets a bit annoying, especially if you're kinda tall and you can barely move. But I'll put up with that easily knowing what's in store for me and knowing all the new and beautiful things I'm going to see.

I've done these long European bus rides and call me crazy, but I love stopping at some bus station in some unknown city at 4 am and seeing all the different people there in the dead of night. There's so much to see... you always have this family running around with all their suitcases going god knows where, the backpackers who are always in a hurry, the confused old man who is walking to different busses not knowing which one is his, the Asian tourists who barely speak English but still know exactly how to get around, the mysterious cute girl travelling on her own and looking all cool. And during the day how can you not enjoy the scenery? I don't mind waiting at airports either. I put my music on and watch all the different kinds of people pass me by or listen to all the different languages.

Even if I hated the actual travelling, I'd still put up with it because it's a small price to pay to explore a new country and city.

So yeah, it is sad when someone stops going abroad just because they hate the actual travelling and miss out on so much only because of something that silly.

I think your alcoholism is in a whole different league than mine. I'm probably a teetotaler compared to you. 

But yes, that Trans-Siberia express is something I will hopefully do some day. I really want to go to Russia anyway, I've been to Eastern Europe a lot, but never Russia and I've always been fascinated by it. Plus Eastern European/Russian women are the prettiest.

I just wonder if 3 days in I’ll realise it’s just travelling on a train. It might not be that interesting. There’s an element of danger and adventure though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Thanks :). Today is better. Yesterday was just one of those days, y'know? 

Well just remember, through all the trials and crack vials, Uncle Len loves ya :D

Y'know, when I saw your original post yesterday I thought about, for a laugh, posting 'thats because you're a cunt' but then I thought nah, perhaps not, he might actually be feeling rotten.  A jokes no good if it ain't taken as one. 

• Haha 1

I discovered the hard way that as a male you cant buy both the stick deodorant and the spray deodorant at the same time without getting a bemused and slightly judgemental look.

You can assure them its "for different applications" but that just makes the situation worse :lol:

On 8/26/2018 at 10:07 AM, SoulMonster said:

Well I won that holiday. I didn't book the bloody thing. Right load of bollocks. Loads of homosexual millionaires getting back crack and waxed walking around in dressing gowns ordering cocktails. The place looked like THX 1138. I walked into the only boozer there and ordered a ''beer'' and it was all a load of rubbish to be quite frank. You'd have liked it as you like that ladida stuff, Mancy Utd rubbish.

Here is the place

https://www.daioscovecrete.com/

Bloody awful. 

On 8/26/2018 at 1:01 PM, EvanG said:

I think he's still mad at me. He even started saying things I've never said. He always does that when I get to him : (

I just think you are a prized tit mate. 

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well I won that holiday. I didn't book the bloody thing. Right load of bollocks. Loads of homosexual millionaires getting back crack and waxed walking around in dressing gowns ordering cocktails. The place looked like THX 1138. I walked into the only boozer there and ordered a ''beer'' and it was all a load of rubbish to be quite frank. You'd have liked it as you like that ladida stuff, Mancy Utd rubbish.

Here is the place

https://www.daioscovecrete.com/

Bloody awful. 

I just think you are a prized tit mate. 

How did you win it?