The whining thread

john lennon

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

@marlingrl03 was that near you?

Yes. :( Right on top of us...10 miles away. The whole city of Anchorage and our other small towns got the brunt of it.

But thankfully my home is ok, a few small broken things. Place is slowly being put back together. Some stores got a lot of damage and are closed obviously.

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Sad 1

Just now, marlingrl03 said:

I lucked out, some of my co-workers not so much. :(

Sorry to hear that. I just read that Alaska is the most prone to earthquakes in the US, but no fatalities with this last one. How are your cats?? did their behaviour change before it happened? like could they sense something?

Just now, janrichmond said:

Sorry to hear that. I just read that Alaska is the most prone to earthquakes in the US, but no fatalities with this last one. How are your cats?? did their behaviour change before it happened? like could they sense something?

One of them is fine, my other one Barley is not. He is very very scared it is going to happen again, hides most of the time under the couch and not eating or drinking much. PTSD for sure. :( I had many many things fall, crash and break...plus the violent shaking for 30 seconds made for an extremely loud and traumatic experience for them. And I was working when it happened and was gone from the house for 6 hours.

• Sad 1

I have never ever whined before, so consider this my debut.

I just realized my next flight, which is a three-leg journey, had the wrong date on the return. Turns out when ordering I had fucked up the dates. Moron me. Usually not a big problem, but this time I had decided I was going to save money and fly economy/coach, with, urk, non-changeable tickets. Fine, so let's order a new return ticket then. Well, that was possible but the new return ticket cost twice as much as the whole original trip and meant that now I have paid more for this trip than If I had just ordered business to begin with. So I get the worst of both worlds, the quality and service at coach at the premium price of business.

11 minutes ago, wasted said:

I always fly coach because the flights are all delayed or I’m hungover. I hate it when you get on them the plane just sits on the runway for an hour. Gimme a beer! 

I fly more and more coach myself. Mostly to save money. But I also used to pay extra for business to have seats that go all the way down, especially for long-haul red-eye flights, just to get some sleep. But it turns out I can't sleep anyway so I end up drinking and watching movies and that's expensive drinks and movies. So now I do more and more coach, and hope for upgrades :D

23 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I fly more and more coach myself. Mostly to save money. But I also used to pay extra for business to have seats that go all the way down, especially for long-haul red-eye flights, just to get some sleep. But it turns out I can't sleep anyway so I end up drinking and watching movies and that's expensive drinks and movies. So now I do more and more coach, and hope for upgrades :D

In coach I’m not the worst animal there. So you can relax as a baby pukes over some grandma while some guy is arguing about the seat going back. In business I’m the one causing problems. I can’t sleep either so I watch 5-6 movies and drink as much as possible. The way I look at it I’d rather spend the money on duty free booze or at the champagne bar. Sitting business class with some wet fish who need to sleep is like hell on earth. They give you glass of champagne like it’s luxury. I had 2 bottles for breakfast. I should probably take sleeping pills for long haul flights. 

Edited by wasted

2 hours ago, wasted said:

In coach I’m not the worst animal there. So you can relax as a baby pukes over some grandma while some guy is arguing about the seat going back. In business I’m the one causing problems. I can’t sleep either so I watch 5-6 movies and drink as much as possible. The way I look at it I’d rather spend the money on duty free booze or at the champagne bar. Sitting business class with some wet fish who need to sleep is like hell on earth. They give you glass of champagne like it’s luxury. I had 2 bottles for breakfast. I should probably take sleeping pills for long haul flights. 

You don't strike me as a man who sits well, I must say.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You don't strike me as a man who sits well, I must say.

I’m pretty lazy but also restless. I’m fine with movies and free flow booze. Sometimes I wonder if the flight is as good as it get gets. There’s something about cabin pressure and ectasy comedowns that don’t mix. 

32 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I'm tired of this Brexit drama making the headlines every day. They wanted to leave, then accept the consequences and bugger off. They won't get a better deal so stop crying and get the fuck out. 

It ain't gonna lessen once we've buggered off y'know.  Do you get a lot of English news then?  I mean outside of Brexshit.

Edited by Len Cnut

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It ain't gonna lessen once we've buggered off y'know.  Do you get a lot of English news then?  I mean outside of Brexshit.

The normal amount, I guess. There are no winners, although some people think this is good, this sucks for both sides. Take the deal that is on the table now and everyone will have to deal with the consequences. If they don't accept and they will leave the EU without a deal, then we're all fucked even more.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, EvanG said:

It's been a really crappy winter so far... high temperatures, hardly any snow. I know this is the new norm, but it's still disappointing each year.

Look on the bright side, eventually the ozone layer will be completely depleted, the polar ice caps will melt and we'll all be dead and then none of this will matter.  

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Look on the bright side, eventually the ozone layer will be completely depleted, the polar ice caps will melt and we'll all be dead and then none of this will matter.  

But I'm living in the present. I want to go ice skating and drink hot chocolate milk to stay warm like I used to, but I can't because the temperature is too high and it's been raining almost every day since the new year. It feels more like autumn than winter. They say it's going to get cold next week and chance of snow, but I'll believe it when I see it. 

• 2 weeks later...

We've had a years worth of snow fall by mid January. Since mid January it has only continued to snow and rain. Theres a couple feet of fresh snow and 6-20 ft mounds everywhere.

On the bright side, walking in it has toned my legs like never before :lol:

• 1 month later...