The whining thread

john lennon

Today was a historic day. They recorded temperatures of more than 40 degrees for the first time ever here. How lucky are we for being able to experience this hell on earth and what a time to be alive! 

I'm going to honour this glorious day by trying to break my own personal record and drink 40 beers to help me fall asleep after such a wonderful day. I will need it seeing as the temperature isn't getting below 25 all night long. 

On 25/07/2019 at 3:57 PM, lukepowell1988 said:

I am Lovin' the idea of global warming at the moment this is lush! 

Fuck the polar ice caps 

I tell you what, gimme a fuckin' 4 month season of those 38 degrees temperatures like we have the other day and I'll personally spray the worlds biggest fuckin' aerosol at the sun for half an hour a day for the remaining seasons :lol:

19 hours ago, EvanG said:

Today was a historic day. They recorded temperatures of more than 40 degrees for the first time ever here. How lucky are we for being able to experience this hell on earth and what a time to be alive! 

I'm going to honour this glorious day by trying to break my own personal record and drink 40 beers to help me fall asleep after such a wonderful day. I will need it seeing as the temperature isn't getting below 25 all night long. 

40 is your record?  40 pints or...? 

49 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

40 is your record?  40 pints or...? 

Nah, I was joking, I don't know what my record is, usually lose count when I'm drinking, but I'm not that stupid to drink 40 pints in one night, especially with a lack of sleep and food because of the heatwave.

Anywho, another 40 degrees today over here. Twenty years ago this was unthinkable, now it happens two days in a row. I fear the future.

Edited by EvanG

15 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Nah, I was joking, I don't know what my record is, usually lose count when I'm drinking, but I'm not that stupid to drink 40 pints in one night, especially with a lack of sleep and food because of the heatwave.

Anywho, another 40 degrees today over here. Twenty years ago this was unthinkable, now it happens two days in a row. I fear the future.

Lucky, its only 25 or something here now.  I usually lose count too though I'm sure I've touched 20 before now, 40 would be rather prodigious.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Lucky, its only 25 or something here now.  I usually lose count too though I'm sure I've touched 20 before now, 40 would be rather prodigious.

Tomorrow is still going to be warm with 33 degrees and then on sunday probably below 30 and that is going to be such a relief after 5 days of living in a sauna for 24/7. Last night was the hottest night ever to be recorded, it was insane.

20 is a good night out I'd say, it really depends on so many factors how much you can drink.

In this classic Kenny vs. Spenny episode ''who can drink more beer?'', Spenny managed to drink about 47 beers in two or three days time, but he went completely mental at the end.

I was in a band with a big dude. He was also a gamer. He would drink 48 bottles of beer (341ml) per session. He'd take like 2 days but he'd be drinking it nonstop! 

He kinda won life which came as a surprise to me. He accepted every credit card that he got in the mail. Pimped out his apartment wth every high end gadget and creature comfort. Detoxed. Got that surgery where they suck out your fat and staple up your extra skin. Declared bankruptcy (which was his plan) got to keep 1000s of dollars of stereos and guitars, consoles, etc.

So he goes from drinking beer by the case in deep poverty, to being a skinny sober guy with ever consumer good he could ever desire. Now he just gigs and works part time. Mostly he games and pulls chicks. genius 

9 minutes ago, soon said:

So he goes from drinking beer by the case in deep poverty, to being a skinny sober guy with ever consumer good he could ever desire. Now he just gigs and works part time. Mostly he games and pulls chicks. genius 

But he doesn't drink anymore? That sucks... it's that ''all or nothing'' shit that I don't like, but for some people it only works that way, I guess.

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

But he doesn't drink anymore? That sucks... it's that ''all or nothing'' shit that I don't like, but for some people it only works that way, I guess.

Honestly I dont miss the drunk him. But I know what you mean in general. Im more like how youre saying.

I think he almost became immune to booze. He still smokes pot and does drugs.

Okay 2 whines

Why on earth is Millie Bobby Brown, Try Guys, Billie Elish and The Young Turks always in my YouTube feed?!?! I dont like you! I dont watch you. Go away!!!!! TYT's Ana Kaspsapian is smart, fun and sexy but I can find her elsewhere.

My speed freak neighbour spent the entire night yammering on with her little party of speed freaks. Not an interesting statement is uttered in this loud and never ending drug sessions. She looks like she's plucked right out of Gummo. I feel so sick having not slept and for what, so that people can use industrial chemicals to pretend to be interesting with others doing the same? Go fuck yourself... oh wait she does that all the time too... and just as loudly. 

1 hour ago, soon said:

My speed freak neighbour spent the entire night yammering on with her little party of speed freaks. Not an interesting statement is uttered in this loud and never ending drug sessions. She looks like she's plucked right out of Gummo. I feel so sick having not slept and for what, so that people can use industrial chemicals to pretend to be interesting with others doing the same? Go fuck yourself... oh wait she does that all the time too... and just as loudly. 

dude, consider yourself lucky, this is my neighbour

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lawn mower terrorist neighbour

• Haha 2

On 22/07/2019 at 10:35 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Glorious cricketing weather. Let it continue. 

The Essex v Gloucestershire game was cancelled yesterday because it was pissing down.

On 24/07/2019 at 3:50 PM, soon said:

I met someone recently. We have taken to each other. The more we chat the more I come to the conclusion that they're only really interested in, and only seems to derive pleasure from, being in charge of people. Honestly Im repulsed by this priority/obsession with controlling people. Yet I find them very compelling in other ways and still want to be close with them. Kinda driving me mad!!

You are falling under their spell 😄

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Forgot to check last night if the kids had left any of my car windows down - of course they did just when it’s been non-stop torrential rain :facepalm:

I wish I’d never got out of bed this morning. 

On the flipside though we are essentially all just a bunch of chemical reacting with each other, conciousness is a shared hallucination, love is everywhere and there is no need to fear, ever because we are one, we shall remain one and all our lives are is droplets in the bottomless well of an abstract concept called time.  Good day :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Forgot to check last night if the kids had left any of my car windows down - of course they did just when it’s been non-stop torrential rain :facepalm:

I wish I’d never got out of bed this morning. 

Oh no - your car!? That sucks!

You're a car person, right? So Id wager we're not necessarily talking about an old mini van with faux wooden panel siding either?

27 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh no - your car!? That sucks!

You're a car person, right? So Id wager we're not necessarily talking about an old mini van with faux wooden panel siding either?

It’s just a Volkswagen Polo :lol:

I don’t think cars with wooden panel sides are a thing here, at least I can’t remember ever seeing one. 

17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It’s just a Volkswagen Polo :lol:

I don’t think cars with wooden panel sides are a thing here, at least I can’t remember ever seeing one. 

Hehe, still a sharp and well chosen car! Glad it wasnt a Maserati.

Its an 80s thing I think, and hollywood really grabbed the trope, so its still a reference here. The image of the huge old station wagon/mini van with kids packed in the trunk, just a utility for herding kiddos. The side wooden faux panels seem to be the short hand for kid mobile, in my neck of the woods.

• 4 weeks later...