The whining thread

john lennon

40 minutes ago, Gryfon said:

Sitting in my car, little to no money, technically unemployed and homeless, 6000 miles away from my family, had to go to the dentist this morning, somebody stole my cat, my rear right hand side fender has a huge dent that I need to fix, my wife is is jail, I lost 99% of everything I ever owned because they auctioned my storage unit, it's cold and my nose is running.

I need another Vodka/Coke before I deal with the meth-head tweaker

next door.

Whine over...

Can't PM you for whatever reason. PM me your email address please.

6 hours ago, Gryfon said:

Sitting in my car, little to no money, technically unemployed and homeless, 6000 miles away from my family, had to go to the dentist this morning, somebody stole my cat, my rear right hand side fender has a huge dent that I need to fix, my wife is is jail, I lost 99% of everything I ever owned because they auctioned my storage unit, it's cold and my nose is running.

I need another Vodka/Coke before I deal with the meth-head tweaker

next door.

Whine over...

I think you won this thread. Unless there's some kids playing in the sun down in Belgium. 

Seriously, though, and you know this, lay down your crack pipe and you might hold a steady job. From there everything is possible. Just keep fighting and hopefully you will get through this. 

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

I'm not Belgian...

Wow, this must be the first time I have ever seen someone complain about not being from Belgium!

But seriously, though, Netherland is so small, and so is Belgium, that for any practical purposes you are the same. Any sun shining on on part of Belgium would definitely annoy you too; and the laughter of little Belgian children playing merrily would drift across the border and bother you.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

But seriously, though, Netherland is so small, and so is Belgium, that for any practical purposes you are the same. Any sun shining on on part of Belgium would definitely annoy you too; and the laughter of little Belgian children playing merrily would drift across the border and bother you.

You're not totally wrong... I live 6 km from the Belgian border... if they're really loud I can probably hear Belgian children making annoying racket...

10606107_572059566260476_913102165619589

Edited by EvanG
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, EvanG said:

I was a young boy that had big plans but now I’m just another shitty old man...

I figured that was a lyric so I googled it and it took me to a Green Day video. You better not have just screwed up my YT algorithms with that malarky!! :lol: 

(j/k Im sure they have lots of good tracks)

4 minutes ago, soon said:

I figured that was a lyric so I googled it and it took me to a Green Day video. You better not have just screwed up my YT algorithms with that malarky!! :lol: 

(j/k Im sure they have lots of good tracks)

Haha... this is from 90's Green Day, when they were still okay to listen to.

But seriously, I like this song... who can't relate to a ''fuck the world'' song every now and then?

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Haha... this is from 90's Green Day, when they were still okay to listen to.

But seriously, I like this song... who can't relate to a ''fuck the world'' song every now and then?

Okay well now I listened to it so its only a matter of time before the bass players side project, electro ska band or whatever, pops up in my feed :facepalm::lol:

Agreed, its a solid "fuck the world" song. I enjoyed that. Like an Izzy or Ramones track. Great way to start the day :headbang:

Im sure the lyric you posted applies to most of us? I dreamed of being an international art thief. And low its yet to come to be.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Okay well now I listened to it so its only a matter of time before the bass players side project, electro ska band or whatever, pops up in my feed :facepalm::lol:

Agreed, its a solid "fuck the world" song. I enjoyed that. Like an Izzy or Ramones track. Great way to start the day :headbang:

Im sure the lyric you posted applies to most of us? I dreamed of being an international art thief. And low its yet to come to be.

Don't give up on your dreams... you're never too old to become a thief. You can come to my neck of the woods and start with some van Goghs or Rembrandts, they are quite lucrative and I will help you out if the price is right.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Don't give up on your dreams... you're never too old to become a thief. You can come to my neck of the woods and start with some van Goghs or Rembrandts, they are quite lucrative and I will help you out if the price is right.

Heh, when reading that I hadn't read soon's post above and thought you were still quoting lyrics, so I read it in a singing singalong voice trying to figure out what song it was. Made absolutely no sense. Or rhyme.

On 2/13/2020 at 7:24 AM, soon said:

It's not too late to whip it, whip it good.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just came back from a drunken stroll around my neighbourhood to escape the heat, but it's still over 20 degrees even though it's 3 in the morning. It's crazy and astouning how long this heatwave is lasting, it's like living in a medterarianiannn (too drunk to know how to spell it correctly, fuck you) country.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

Just came back from a drunken stroll around my neighbourhood to escape the heat, but it's still over 20 degrees even though it's 3 in the morning. It's crazy and astouning how long this heatwave is lasting, it's like living in a medterarianiannn (too drunk to know how to spell it correctly, fuck you) country.

Das Mittelmeer. 

I'm reading some weather forum, people on there are whining about this heatwave even more than me, at least I'm not the only one fed up with summer.

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Das Mittelmeer. 

Their use of the word meer always confused me because here that same word means lake, but their word for lake is see, which makes it even more confusing.

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I'm reading some weather forum, people on there are whining about this heatwave even more than me, at least I'm not the only one fed up with summer.

Their use of the word meer always confused me because here that same word means lake, but their word for lake is see, which makes it even more confusing.

Yes, there are a confusing bunch, Jerry. Never trust anyone into bondage and nudism. 

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its cooled down considerably over here, to my dismay.  Just started pissing down for an hour or so yesterday, with more forecast for today, though its still pretty warm out, 26 degrees.

It's supposed to cool down here tomorrow but the temperature will stay above 25 (so the heatwave will continue, albeit not tropical anymore), but that's still too hot for this white, pale person. Plus I'm getting tired of wearing my hair in a ponytail, it makes me look like a girl even more than normally.

19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its cooled down considerably over here, to my dismay.  Just started pissing down for an hour or so yesterday, with more forecast for today, though its still pretty warm out, 26 degrees.

Spose this ghastly weather makes you feel more at home that ringing up BT's tech support?

9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

It's supposed to cool down here tomorrow but the temperature will stay above 25 (so the heatwave will continue, albeit not tropical anymore), but that's still too hot for this white, pale person. Plus I'm getting tired of wearing my hair in a ponytail, it makes me look like a girl even more than normally.

35 and upwards, thats what I want.  Honestly, people spend millions a year going on holiday to places like Barbados and that, to get out of these cramped damp wall central heated ratholes we live and here we are, finally, good weather and everyones got a fuckin' moan on.

4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Spose this ghastly weather makes you feel more at home that ringing up BT's tech support?

Don't be such a fuckin' poof, take your shirt off, get your pasty whiteboy tits out, grab a few cold cans, lay there in the sun and learn the value of idleness.

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, Len Cnut said:

35 and upwards, thats what I want.  Honestly, people spend millions a year going on holiday to places like Barbados and that, to get out of these cramped damp wall central heated ratholes we live and here we are, finally, good weather and everyones got a fuckin' moan on.

A lot of those places don't have the humidity that we have over here, though. In some places in Spain it gets really hot but it's still comfortable and in the night it cools down. Here the temperature often stays above 20 degrees with a humidity that is even worse. Simply put, we don't have the right climate for tropical temperatures.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Don't be such a fuckin' poof, take your shirt off, get your pasty whiteboy tits out, grab a few cold cans and lay their in the sun and learn the value of idleness.

My disdain for the heat has no correlation to my levels of idleness. You can be a pasty Englishman and still be a lazy cunt. I speak from experience.

Edited by Towelie

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

A lot of those places don't have the humidity that we have over here, though. In some places in Spain it gets really hot but it's still comfortable and in the night it cools down. Here the temperature often stays above 20 degrees with a humidity that is even worse. Simply put, we don't have the right climate for tropical temperatures.

The humidity is the good part, the part that makes you wanna not move.

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

My disdain for the heat has no correlation to my levels of idleness. You can be a pasty Englishman and still be a lazy cunt. I speak from experience.

Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't casting aspersions on your ability to be lazy (or indeed a cunt :lol:), I was just trying to point you towards a good way to enjoy our current predicament.

• Haha 1