The whining thread

john lennon

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

well f*ck.  :lol:  Maybe Mark will shine sometime..soon. (is the word.) 

hahaha!  'Maybe a same bat time, same bat channel thing'

since you all declared no winner I was going switch daily.  I started with Mark but Jan was here to shoot that down:) 

I anticipate her asking if she can have Slash in Heinz shirt for her avatar :) 

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

if i ever did a Slash avi it'd be one of him in that Pepe LePew t-shirt, he looks soooo adorable! :wub:

Is Pepe the character on his shirt n the Estranged vid?  The Skunk?

I thought that was so cool when I was a kid

On 7/29/2017 at 3:49 PM, soon said:

As far as I gather its all in the grilling

we never ate spam in my house growing up...my dad forbade it! said he had too much in the army. have not had it to this day, just like i have never had chef boyardee anything, dinty moore stew, any kid of canned meat really. i remember being so poor when i first was on my own that i gladly took my neighbor's kind offering of zucchini and tomatoes from his garden and i made kinda of a veggie pasta...got a package of spaghetti and sliced the zucchini and chopped the tomatoes. when the spaghetti was done i placed the veggies in the colander then poured the hot spaghetti and water it boiled in on top of the veggies, it drained and then i tossed it with some olive oil and some salt and pepper. it was pretty good. but no spam ever! :P

24 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

we never ate spam in my house growing up...my dad forbade it! said he had too much in the army. have not had it to this day, just like i have never had chef boyardee anything, dinty moore stew, any kid of canned meat really. i remember being so poor when i first was on my own that i gladly took my neighbor's kind offering of zucchini and tomatoes from his garden and i made kinda of a veggie pasta...got a package of spaghetti and sliced the zucchini and chopped the tomatoes. when the spaghetti was done i placed the veggies in the colander then poured the hot spaghetti and water it boiled in on top of the veggies, it drained and then i tossed it with some olive oil and some salt and pepper. it was pretty good. but no spam ever! :P

That pasta sounds perfect!  Pasta is one of the only places I like zucchini.  Im thinking of trying out spam.  You should try my chef boyardee clone!!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

thanks! what is your chef boyardee clone? :D

tomato juice (from canning process - thinner then store bought), onion powder, garlic powder, touch of sugar, cornstarch slurry, salt

alphabet pasta

make sauce and cook noodles in it

I guess Boyardee doesnt do the alphabets, but the sauce is the same and this is like the Heinz type

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soon said:

Oh!  Like a clone of the chef himself ?!?!?!?!

LOL noooooo! :P

the thing about Chef Boyardee "tomato" products is they use a lot of carrots as well as tomatoes to make it as cheaply as possible. my friends grew up on this... i never had it but my friend told me this as he knew someone who actually worked there!

11 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL noooooo! :P

the thing about Chef Boyardee "tomato" products is they use a lot of carrots as well as tomatoes to make it as cheaply as possible. my friends grew up on this... i never had it but my friend told me this as he knew someone who actually worked there!

Meet me in home cooking?  But first a whine:  Awww, wish I had a chef boyardee clone!  

• Like 1

The show last night was a fucking blast but now I'm seriously considering distancing myself from one of my friends. You all might remember me bitching about him on here a couple months ago. Y'know, the one who constantly talks about girls and doesn't act like an adult at 27 years old? The only adult thing he did yesterday was check into the hotel but other than that he was completely helpless the whole trip. I drove 4.5 hours both ways, I navigated the Twin Cities metro area as well as downtown Minneapolis, I found a way to the stadium, and I got us to our seats. I also got us out of the stadium and back to the hotel while navigating through a crowd of 50,000 people and the clusterfuck of traffic in downtown Minneapolis. 

What did he do the whole time? He pointed out girls that he saw on the way back to the hotel, he suggested alternate routes instead of trusting the GPS, and on top of that, he would ask how far away we were every five minutes. Then back at the room, I finally broke and had a panic attack and I told him to leave me alone so I could calm down and, I shit you not, he responded "I was just wondering what time to set my alarm for tomorrow just in case we decide to stop at guitar center." 

Here's a little tip for you guys- If someone is having a panic attack (uncontrollable crying, hyperventilating/shortness of breath, etc.), just let them be. There's literally nothing you can do to make me feel better when I have one. I just need to let it pass.

Anyways, he was such a child on this trip, you could've kidnapped him and replaced him with a preschooler and I wouldn't have known the difference

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The show last night was a fucking blast but now I'm seriously considering distancing myself from one of my friends. You all might remember me bitching about him on here a couple months ago. Y'know, the one who constantly talks about girls and doesn't act like an adult at 27 years old? The only adult thing he did yesterday was check into the hotel but other than that he was completely helpless the whole trip. I drove 4.5 hours both ways, I navigated the Twin Cities metro area as well as downtown Minneapolis, I found a way to the stadium, and I got us to our seats. I also got us out of the stadium and back to the hotel while navigating through a crowd of 50,000 people and the clusterfuck of traffic in downtown Minneapolis. 

What did he do the whole time? He pointed out girls that he saw on the way back to the hotel, he suggested alternate routes instead of trusting the GPS, and on top of that, he would ask how far away we were every five minutes. Then back at the room, I finally broke and had a panic attack and I told him to leave me alone so I could calm down and, I shit you not, he responded "I was just wondering what time to set my alarm for tomorrow just in case we decide to stop at guitar center." 

Here's a little tip for you guys- If someone is having a panic attack (uncontrollable crying, hyperventilating/shortness of breath, etc.), just let them be. There's literally nothing you can do to make me feel better when I have one. I just need to let it pass.

Anyways, he was such a child on this trip, you could've kidnapped him and replaced him with a preschooler and I wouldn't have known the difference

i do remember your post! sounds like this guy is compensating. and not in touch with reality. i so can empathize with your panic attacks. have you ever tried medication for yours? that may or may not be the answer but it's worked for me until lately. but i have had them for YEARS and been on xanax since i was in my twenties. it got really bad so my ex incompetent dr put me on Zoloft and it almost killed me...i came close to suicide and i never even saw her for the months i was on it. i had a nurse practitioner and while sweet she didn't see how bad i was. but my new dr. has me still on the xanax as well as another drug that is helping me a lot. 

anyway, this is about YOU. is there no way to cut this guy loose? because he is not good for you sweetie. he sounds awful and that is what you do NOT need. *hugs* best of luck.

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I've been rigorously working-out 6 days a week for the last month or so and since about a week ago I'm eating healthier than ever, I'm talking healthy as fuck folks. Basically just fruit and veges and limited portions of red meat. ZERO junk...well, I just read what feels like an entire book about how amazingly delicious 'SPAM' is. I don't know what the fuck it is and frankly I don't care. All I know is I am now so fucking hungry I am going to run out into the street after typing this post and mug passersby at knifepoint for their precious SPAM.

#SPAM #Hunger #KillMe

Ill change my avatar back to Ketchup Slash for ya

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Its not your job to do, but do you think (awkward as it would be) you could find the moment to just be blunt and tell him to grow up?

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Dude, he's probably trying to bang your sister lol. Cut him off.

Despite the fact that my sister is engaged, he'd still try

@soon I'm tempted to, but he'd take offense to it and try and make me the bad guy if he tells anyone I told him to grow up. I think it's one of those situations where it's better for me to live my own life and let him make his own mistakes

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Seriously though, you know when you just get a craving for something randomly? I'm going to buy some SPAM tomorrow and it better be the best fucking thing I've ever eaten lol.

I do know that kinda craving, accept Ive never had a craving for something Ive never had!   Ive never had SPAM either.  I hope its well worth it for your cheat day!

Thats really great your working out and eating well and especially that your seeing and feeling results.  Well done!

Edited by soon

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

@AxlsFavoriteRose the panic attacks are infrequent enough to where I don't need meds, but I have a bottle of Lorazepam if one happens to come on. It's a bit tricky to cut him off because he's friends with my sister and one of my other good friends so I'd still run into him. 

Thanks for the advice :)

you're welcome. i wish you were not in this predicament :(

• Like 1