The whining thread

john lennon

11 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

How long should I wait between getting a girl's number and asking her to hang out? We've been texting for about a week now and I'm thinking of asking her to hang out but I'm not sure. I figure if we hang out first, a date would run more smoothly. 

PS- Apologies to anyone who gets annoyed with my constant posting about this topic. You guys give better advice than most of the people I know

What they said.  Also, in many cases you might not wanna use the word "hang" or "hang out."  But you'd know better to this situation.  Conversely asking someone in this situation to a "group hang" with primarily other couples can be devilishly sly way to keep things up in the air while you asses.

• Like 1

So I had a free room at a Marriott hotel near the dome in St. Louis for tomorrow but it was in my dad's name. The hotel GM said it was fine, but since I'm 19, they'll need a credit card. Alright fine, I got one. I get a call yesterday saying that Marriott's corporate overruled the GM and now I don't have a hotel :max:

My dad said he'd come down with me and we'd drive part way back and stay somewhere, but I feel really bad cause he doesn't have a ticket to the show or anything

• Like 1

Being an "older millennial" (as Buzzfeed calls us):  

- Culturally unrooted, not identifying with millennials or Gen X.  What happened to Gen Y?  I used to be Gen Y.

- My side hustle needs its own side hustle, etc2

- My side hustles require me to access the services of a younger millennials side hustle to be able to plug into that stream of the market.  And they'll "totally drop by sometime to hook that up!" 

- I grow and prepare my own food out of necessity.  Its for life.  Not life style.  But people assume my canning jars are for drinking over priced water from, not canning.

- If I raise an issue with clear-cutting and strip-mining, a boomer will say something stupid like "well, people gotta live somewhere" and feel very wise saying it.  Because younger millennials just post whatever slightly progressive shit to their SM and boomers arent accustomed to engaging those of us who know our shit

- When terrible, life altering things happen to me The Olds abstain from offering care or support, because they read in Time Magazine that millennials are weak, whining, entitled brats.

- Theres tons of asexual millennials and they still say "netflix and chill" which is just bad form IMO

- The time it takes me to generate a meme to share with younger friends means that the subject will have moved on and no one will get the reference an hour later

- Other millennials frequently say to me "people in my generation..."    

- 50% of those times this is followed by the stating of very basic, timeless, facts of life.  

- The other 50% its followed by things like: ".... post on amazon wanted boards offers to be a dominatrix via text in exchange for Bitcoins and service clients during college lectures on their tablets."  You never know which way the sentence will end and you have to act like what was stated was a normal and valuable contribution either way!!!!!!!!!!!

- Having your own place and an adult life but finding yourself none-the-less defending younger millennials over socio-economic realities that Boomers created but mock millennials for living in

- Understanding that the so called "sharing economy" is a kinder, gentler machine gun hand.  That its bullshit and sometimes is even more exploitative than conventional capital, yet still being rooted in it for survival

- Damed if you do, damed if you don't:  whether you call it 'Instagram' or 'Insta' someone in earshot will laugh at you 

Edited by soon

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Kids, don't eat pot. ;)

P.S. You okay though?

Hahaha!  The cooking vessel shattered while cooking and I thought it was a clean break.  I was wrong and there were slivers in the food.  Hearing it crunch in mouth when its too late is a terrible thing.

Well, the biggest piece pulled out, leaving a long gash.  That was last night and nothing feels unwell in the GI tract, so thats a relief.  Im still alive and dont think I require medical attention, but its incredibly painful and there certainly are risks still.  Thanks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, soon said:

Hahaha!  The cooking vessel shattered while cooking and I thought it was a clean break.  I was wrong and there were slivers in the food.  Hearing it crunch in mouth when its too late is a terrible thing.

Well, the biggest piece pulled out, leaving a long gash.  That was last night and nothing feels unwell in the GI tract, so thats a relief.  Im still alive and dont think I require medical attention, but its incredibly painful and there certainly are risks still.  Thanks.

that is awful @soon!!! take care of yourself dear friend :(

38 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that is awful @soon!!! take care of yourself dear friend :(

Thanks, I will.  Im either handling this incredibly calmly or am in shock.  But either way Im just chilling out and letting it heal.  Some beers probably good, right?  Like the alcohol is a disinfectant? :) 

Just now, soon said:

Thanks, I will.  Im either handling this incredibly calmly or am in shock.  But either way Im just chilling out and letting it heal.  Some beers probably good, right?  Like the alcohol is a disinfectant? :) 

or like go to a dr?? js :)

On 7/26/2017 at 8:06 AM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

So I had a free room at a Marriott hotel near the dome in St. Louis for tomorrow but it was in my dad's name. The hotel GM said it was fine, but since I'm 19, they'll need a credit card. Alright fine, I got one. I get a call yesterday saying that Marriott's corporate overruled the GM and now I don't have a hotel :max:

My dad said he'd come down with me and we'd drive part way back and stay somewhere, but I feel really bad cause he doesn't have a ticket to the show or anything

it's nice when parents are cool like that :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

or like go to a dr?? js :)

I certainly was ready to go last night but waited it out and I think it should be okay, so long as none get into the veins.  Plus, my Dr is like one of the satires of Dr's in a sitcom:  They'd have me saw "awww" poke the slivers causing me pain, then say "is this where it hurts?" and then announce that "yep, you got some ceramic slivers in there I think."  They would then stare at me with a half smile until I slowly backed out of room.  

If anything acute happens I'll head to emergency.  I let my neighbour know too, incase they hear a thud :) 

• Like 1

Just now, soon said:

I certainly was ready to go last night but waited it out and I think it should be okay, so long as none get into the veins.  Plus, my Dr is like one of the satires of Dr's in a sitcom:  They'd have me saw "awww" poke the slivers causing me pain, then say "is this where it hurts?" and then announce that "yep, you got some ceramic slivers in there I think."  They would then stare at me with a half smile until I slowly backed out of room.  

If anything acute happens I'll head to emergency.  I let my neighbour know too, incase they hear a thud :) 

thank God! makes me feel better. just hoping nothing happens when it, um...passes? :blink:

• Like 1

A client of mine has now missed their deadlines for paying for several invoices, amounting to over £1000. So far they've also ignored two friendly emails reminding him. 

At our very first meeting I made it clear that if he ever had cashflow problems, as many small businesses occasionally do, that he should just tell me what's going on. I like to be informed. No judgement, no penalties, just being honest. 

I've worked with this client since January, he has never missed a deadline, and often settles his bills within days. 

The irritating thing is that because he's so loyal to me, I'm happy to pay for his printing upfront. So I'm also out of pocket because of him. 

I'm really wanting to put some of the money towards buying a car, investing in my business and things. But instead I've not had driving lessons, or any treats for a month. 

No ones commented on my current avatar.  Boo.  No ones asked either, if maybe the image is unclear.  Its cubed ham.  You know: "cubed ham", like from Axls rider on the joint Metallica tour.  "Absolutely no substitutions"

I'm let down, team :P

44 minutes ago, soon said:

No ones commented on my current avatar.  Boo.  No ones asked either, if maybe the image is unclear.  Its cubed ham.  You know: "cubed ham", like from Axls rider on the joint Metallica tour.  "Absolutely no substitutions"

To be honest man, I thought it was spam. I don't follow every thread on here, so I figured it was something I didn't get. But I wondered why the fuck you had chopped spam as your avatar....

Side note: I fuckin love me some spam n fried eggs... ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

And i thought it was chopped up hot dogs. Was just trying not to be rude by not saying anything :lol:

11 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

To be honest man, I thought it was spam. I don't follow every thread on here, so I figured it was something I didn't get. But I wondered why the fuck you had chopped spam as your avatar....

Side note: I fuckin love me some spam n fried eggs... ?

Oh, I can see how it looks like that.  Plus, Im always spamming this place up :lol:

Ive never had cubed ham or spam.  I need to live more

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

And i thought it was chopped up hot dogs. Was just trying not to be rude by not saying anything :lol:

hahaha!  That was very considerate of you. Where does one find rectangular hotdogs?  Actually, come to think of it,  I think Ive found them in the section of grocer called "Ten Dollar Meat Bags" 

(I am now considering chopped up hotdogs for avatar :lol:)

1 minute ago, Gracii Guns said:

@soon I've wanted to ask, but thought it was a joke I'd missed. 

And just like @Fitha_whiskey I love me some spam! 

I see.  I suppose technically it is just that.  But, now that Im seeing the image through others eyes, its starting to look like a pile of caramels, so my bad!

I must try spam

Just now, soon said:

hahaha!  That was very considerate of you. Where does one find rectangular hotdogs?  Actually, come to think of it,  I think Ive found them in the section of grocer called "Ten Dollar Meat Bags" 

(I am now considering chopped up hotdogs for avatar :lol:)

haha, I think you can also find them at Giant Tiger :lol:

lol @janrichmond and her ketchup. 

• Like 1