The whining thread

john lennon

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Alright ladies of MyGNR, I have a mystery that only you can solve! I'm talking to this girl and she said she didn't want anything serious but she's cool with dating. What does that mean?

44 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Actually you know what? Forget about that last post. She cancelled on me like an hour after we set the date up

If this is the same FB girl I would really cut her off at this point. I know it sucks because you like her, but she's either not interested or she's got some issues going on and this will be the beginning of a lot of drama...

You seem like a nice guy, I promise you'll find somebody better. :hug:

37 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

If this is the same FB girl I would really cut her off at this point. I know it sucks because you like her, but she's either not interested or she's got some issues going on and this will be the beginning of a lot of drama...

You seem like a nice guy, I promise you'll find somebody better. :hug:

Different girl. She was really nice and wasn't crazy and out of nowhere she just cancels on me. I'm super depressed right now and I'm starting to think that I'm the problem. What's even worse is that she didn't tell me why. 

NINJA EDIT: I jumped the gun. She wants to reschedule. 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Alright ladies of MyGNR, I have a mystery that only you can solve! I'm talking to this girl and she said she didn't want anything serious but she's cool with dating. What does that mean?

That you shouldn't propose to her on the first date...

Seriously man, chill out. Don't get all hung up on someone until at least the 5th date.

• Like 2

Went shopping today, bought a pair of super skinny jeans that I really love. Get home and my 87 year old mother won't stop bitching....she thinks because I am over 50, I should dress like some old lady and she constantly wants me to cut my hair. She just doesn't get that I will always be a rocker chick. I still look great in these jeans, why does she insist on trying to put me down. :anger:

59 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Went shopping today, bought a pair of super skinny jeans that I really love. Get home and my 87 year old mother won't stop bitching....she thinks because I am over 50, I should dress like some old lady and she constantly wants me to cut my hair. She just doesn't get that I will always be a rocker chick. I still look great in these jeans, why does she insist on trying to put me down. :anger:

I know the struggle. I'm almost 20 and my mom always tells me that I should wear more collared shirts and that I'm too old for band shirts. 

Parents sometimes :facepalm:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Finally getting my MRI tomorrow and I'm nervous as fuck. :nervous:I also cant stop thinking about getting stuck in the machine like Winnie the Pooh.

220px-MRI-Philips.JPGgiphy.gif

?

I have had many of them and am so used to it I almost fall asleep despite the racket....but if it is hard for you they can give you a Valium or something. GL! 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 11:12 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

It means she doesn't know if she's that into you yet, and will still go out on a date with someone else if they ask her. :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Finally getting my MRI tomorrow and I'm nervous as fuck. :nervous:I also cant stop thinking about getting stuck in the machine like Winnie the Pooh.

?

Don't forget for to take you earrings out :lol:

Will they let you take a cd with you, so you could listen to Izzy? They do here :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

?

Good luck @Kris_1989! I've only had one MRI and it wasn't as bad as my imagination let me think.  If you wear clothing without zippers or snaps, they  will let you wear that and not have to change into a dreaded hospital gown.  

• Like 1

On July 7, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Oldest Goat said:

A lot of the time I feel like everyone who loves or appreciates me only does because of the good that's in them, not because I'm truly worth loving. Maybe this has been spurred on by the meds I've started but honestly part of me wants to just expunge myself.

The fucking tide. It often carries me away. Still, I try and remember it eventually returns.

Just saw this.  Dude, you're an incredible presence here!  All that others have said is so true.  We all see the good in you.  Actually I think we see something really special in you.  I do.

Hope things have been looking up since this post!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

?

Anticipating these procedures sucks.  Often its the worst part of the whole thing.  Maybe you've already had it by now.  Hope it goes well / went well and that you had Christopher Robin to help you out as needed :) 

When I had one the techs were really attuned to the claustrophobia and stress and talked to me through out.  Hope you get good techs.  I remember the noise being the worst part of mine, but they gave me ear plugs.

Happy at least that you are finally getting the test and I hope it goes a long way towards improving your well being!

• Like 1

It wont stop raining.  One of my garden was flooded and cant dry out with rain fall every day.  And thats the garden thats already given my lots of grief this year.  

About 1/8 of that garden was untouched and the Three Sisters are growing strong so Im lucky that I went intensive in that space.

Supposed to be a long autumn at least, so gonna put in some fast growers asap - should that even happen.

Bracing to eat a lot of beets over the next year.

Well I had the MRI but I wont have my results for a couple days. Keeping my fingers crossed for good news. :)

The MRI was pretty much as bad as everyone said... Not painful or anything but super uncomfortable. I'm not even claustrophobic and I was panicking a bit. :nervous:I don't know how people who actually have claustrophobia have that test done you'd think they would have full blown panic attacks. It was like being shoved in an extremely loud vibrating coffin for an hour. :lol:

Thanks for all the support everyone! :hug:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Well I had the MRI but I wont have my results for a couple days. Keeping my fingers crossed for good news. :)

The MRI was pretty much as bad as everyone said... Not painful or anything but super uncomfortable. I'm not even claustrophobic and I was panicking a bit. :nervous:I don't know how people who actually have claustrophobia have that test done you'd think they would have full blown panic attacks. It was like being shoved in an extremely loud vibrating coffin for an hour. :lol:

Thanks for all the support everyone! :hug:

And you didn't get stuck! #winning:lol:

ps  glad it went well :hug:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I've started to really hate my job :cry:

They put me on a course I have hardly any interest in completing and now I am getting constant messages about it being overdue. I just can't find the motivation to even look at it. 

Oh man, I'm sorry.....that really stinks. :(  It's so tough being in a job you dislike.  Have you been there long?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I've started to really hate my job :cry:

They put me on a course I have hardly any interest in completing and now I am getting constant messages about it being overdue. I just can't find the motivation to even look at it. 

Just fuckin do it, even if you hate it. An extra qualification on your CV wont kill you.

5 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Oh man, I'm sorry.....that really stinks. :(  It's so tough being in a job you dislike.  Have you been there long?

About 15 years :lol: 

1 hour ago, KiraMPD said:

Just fuckin do it, even if you hate it. An extra qualification on your CV wont kill you.

That's what I keep telling myself. Then I look at it and i just can't be bothered. Everyone else I work with have handed in 7 units and I have done 2 :lol: