GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

22 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Edit: Just to be clear because I feel like a debbie downer writing these posts; I want new music just as much as you guys do. But I've been disappointed too many times over the years to get my hopes up anymore. And for right now I just don't see any signs pointing towards new music. :shrugs:

I dont think you are a Debbie Downer, you are a realistic person who's been a fan for a long time just like many of us and you're trying to see the bigger picture. 

Rumors about new music and album have always been around because that's what fans want and its the logical step after this reunion.

I think the clues we are analyzing are very weak to be connected with recordings.

I go by playing the rumor game because its fun and there's nothing else to do. Maybe what was said by that website is the only thing that us fans have not generated but the rest is just things we made in our heads, to be honest :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2018-01-17 at 1:55 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's true when you say that, mums do need to get out of the house too, you tend to look at the calendar and realise you haven't been anywhere but the supermarket and school runs for about 6 months :lol:

Can you imagine what the bands think when they look down at the rail and there's the same people as last time, even if they flew half way around the world? 

Y’know what, who fucking knows why they do it and how they can afford to do it. Each to their own. The great thing about this world, is you get to live your own life how you want to. There’s been plenty of bands who have had “super fans” over the years and some now work for the bands as archivists or running websites etc.. 

It’s 2 Asian chicks bouncing at a railing having a good time.

I don’t want anyone to bitch about me and wonder why I have sex for example, I like it, it’s a good time, now piss off... 😂

They like Guns N Roses. Fair enough.....

Freedom is a fucking great thing, and it’s not a personal thing, we only have it by giving it to other people. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i am just trying to catch up so I know this is very out of date but to @killuridols who I find very intelligent for the most part, but very judgmental and aggressive the rest of the time...I did see your response to my post that perhaps people should stop asking the girlfriends, wives and hangers on about band shit, because they are not in the band.  Your response was to tell me that I clearly had never been in a relationship blah blah blah...i'm sure you had a point but it was a stupid one.  well apparently i'm not the only idiot that thinks this https://www.alternativenation.net/slashs-girlfriend-reacts-myles-kennedy-questioning-conspirators-future-plans/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lucie said:

i am just trying to catch up so I know this is very out of date but to @killuridols who I find very intelligent for the most part, but very judgmental and aggressive the rest of the time...I did see your response to my post that perhaps people should stop asking the girlfriends, wives and hangers on about band shit, because they are not in the band.  Your response was to tell me that I clearly had never been in a relationship blah blah blah...i'm sure you had a point but it was a stupid one.  well apparently i'm not the only idiot that thinks this https://www.alternativenation.net/slashs-girlfriend-reacts-myles-kennedy-questioning-conspirators-future-plans/

You call me aggressive then you come here a month later to say my point is stupid..... wow :lol:

Yeah, this is really old news but I don't see how the he-said-she-said between Meegan and Myles makes my point stupid since Meegan's response in that comment sounds obviously pretty sarcastic to me (she even added that sarcastic smiley face ^_^)

She's clearly trying to get rid of the burden of having to respond things related to her partner's job but that doesn't mean she knows nothing about what Slash does.

Meegan is with Slash almost 24/7. There's no fuckin' way in hell that she doesn't know what he's doing and what he's going to do.

Same goes for Susan and for Beta.

9 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Y’know what, who fucking knows why they do it and how they can afford to do it. Each to their own. The great thing about this world, is you get to live your own life how you want to. There’s been plenty of bands who have had “super fans” over the years and some now work for the bands as archivists or running websites etc.. 

It’s 2 Asian chicks bouncing at a railing having a good time.

I don’t want anyone to bitch about me and wonder why I have sex for example, I like it, it’s a good time, now piss off... 😂

They like Guns N Roses. Fair enough.....

Freedom is a fucking great thing, and it’s not a personal thing, we only have it by giving it to other people. 

giphy.gif

:lol:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Do you girls think Meegan makes him post this? :ph34r:

LOL

No idea. On one hand he posts about woman and female rights on the other hand he wears vagicharms and the same stupid shirts like Axl :max:. One of the most stupid ones is the shirt with a waste container where the legs of a woman hang out..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

In my defence I was quite stoned 😂 

(and fuck it, leave people be who they are)

I think you don't understand the context in which those things were said.

While I do agree with you that people are entitled to do with their money whatever the heck they want, I do not think it is realistic to say that the great thing about this world is that people get to live their lives in the way they want.

Financial and gender reasons, age, physical impediments and other things can limit the freedom of someone and I dont think there are many people out there that can do what those superfans do.

So we have two moms just talking between themselves about how time consuming is to be a mom and how raising kids oftenly puts you in a place where you have to manage the best you can the time and money you can destine to yourself and your children.

From the point of view of someone married with children, the question arised about how these people were able to afford not only the trips and tickets but also the time spent attending so many shows. Even from the point of view of a single person, this question pops up too.

I think it was clear that no one was trying to tell them superfans how to live their lives or how to administrate their money and their freedom. It was just wondering about priorities in life and what are the motivations behind investing a load of money in such activities.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Natty said:

One of the most stupid ones is the shirt with a waste container where the legs of a woman hang out..

That one is terribly misogynist and this is one of the reasons why I dont believe he's changed when they say he's changed.

Slash IG is horrible but I have not seen him wearing that same tshirt of Axl. Although he has others that are nearly as bad :lol:

And the vagicharm..... loool.... should we wear a penischarm pedant now?:facepalm:

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2018 at 7:17 AM, Zoot said:

I'm still 100% doubtful.

Duff has lived in LA forever. His previous home for years was in Sherman Oaks and now he moved to Encino + the new home in Seattle. He didn't relocate, just upgraded houses. So the move means nothing.

The Waking Papers gig: Duff has racked up a ton of loot with the NITL tour. He doesn't need to keep up side projects anymore.

Nando & Fortus are not sources. They've said the same thing for years.

What does Kat have to do with recording? :lol: She's a photographer for many bands. It's smart for her to move to LA for work, but I don't see how she has anything to do with new GNR music?

Anybody who thinks Axl is capable of recording and finishing an album in 6 months has to be a new GNR fan. It's never happened before and I don't see any signs that it will happen now. :shrugs:

To add to that first reason, the reason Duff is L.A. full time now is because of his Seattle home being built. He has said before, I think it was in his autobiography, that he actually dislikes L.A. and prefers Seattle and the PNW. It's home to him. And the rest of your points are pretty spot on. It would be interesting to see if anything happens but at this point, no surprise if nothing happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

That one is terribly misogynist and this is one of the reasons why I dont believe he's changed when they say he's changed.

Slash IG is horrible but I have not seen him wearing that same tshirt of Axl. Although he has others that are nearly as bad :lol:

And the vagicharm..... loool.... should we wear a penischarm pedant now?:facepalm:

I vote yes on the penischarm! I already have a flying penis charm that a professor gave me in a sexuality class :)

On a serious note that shirt does make me incredibly sad. Axl doesn't seem as violent these days, but he still seems to be a misogynist. That's very disappointing considering he admitted in the 90s to having fucked up ideas about women. Usually admitting you have a problem is a step towards change. Not for our redhead though. :(