GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Does anybody have any theory as to why they would do an AFD celebration show in NY? 

How strange to not do this in LA - unless of course it is just a part of the current tour. 

Did they record AFD there? I cant remember. 

Maybe Sirius XM did a good offer to get the honor :question:

I just hope we'll get a good pro shot of this show. It would be the best thing ever to have the real GNR there but I'm not getting my hopes up (again) with this band <_<

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Does anybody have any theory as to why they would do an AFD celebration show in NY? 

How strange to not do this in LA - unless of course it is just a part of the current tour. 

Most of it was done at Rumbo in CA but the final mixing and overdubs were done in NYC. The infamous Adrianna overdubs, for example, were done in NYC. Still weird, though. I'm sure it came down to what kind of deal was going to make the most money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Maybe Sirius XM did a good offer to get the honor :question:

I just hope we'll get a good pro shot of this show. It would be the best thing ever to have the real GNR there but I'm not getting my hopes up (again) with this band <_<

It may also have to do with the St. Louis show being on July 23. I guess it's a shorter trip to go there from NY, mostly for the gear etc.

And Happy Birthday @BorderlineCrazy :)

• Like 2

Just now, beautifulanddamned said:

Most of it was done at Rumbo in CA but the final mixing and overdubs were done in NYC. The infamous Adrianna overdubs, for example, were done in NYC. Still weird, though. I'm sure it came down to what kind of deal was going to make the most money.

Ahhh I knew New York came into it somewhere, I just couldn't remember how. Thank you :) 

I agree, this location and the whole invitation only thing kind of makes me think it is just going to be a massive disappointment and not really much to do with real core of AFD at all. 

It seems all to do with money and celebrities than anything else at this moment in time. 

We all knew this opportunity would be totally wasted and done in the worst way possible, though. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It may also have to do with the St. Louis show being on July 23. I guess it's a shorter trip to go there from NY, mostly for the gear etc.

This is the moment we were talking about a bit back in the neighbour thread. 

Axl might as well stick the target to his back right now. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That could be too, although they won't have to bring their stage which is probably the biggest issue. I wonder how many theories we will come up with until that day comes :lol:

Thank you ^_^

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ahhh I knew New York came into it somewhere, I just couldn't remember how. Thank you :) 

I agree, this location and the whole invitation only thing kind of makes me think it is just going to be a massive disappointment and not really much to do with real core of AFD at all. 

It seems all to do with money and celebrities than anything else at this moment in time. 

We all knew this opportunity would be totally wasted and done in the worst way possible, though. 

I don't wanna be completely pessimistic yet as Steven said Fernando was trying to make something cool (it's Fernando we're talking about, though). We got some interesting days ahead :awesomeface:

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

That could be too, although they won't have to bring their stage which is probably the biggest issue. I wonder how many theories we will come up with until that day comes :lol:

Thank you ^_^

I don't wanna be completely pessimistic yet as Steven said Fernando was trying to make something cool (it's Fernando we're talking about, though). We got some interesting days ahead :awesomeface:

Happy Birthday to you :hug:

Look at Fernandos shoes.. I can't trust a man to do something cool who wears those shoes!! :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

The best GNR AFD30 show would be Troubadour for real fans, no fake celebrities, cheap models (Hi, Andrei) or any other freaks. 

Only Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven (arrright, Dizzy as well since he's been a part of the band for ages), no cameras or phones allowed. No streams. No Seeker. Just good ol' rock'n'roll :headbang:

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

In how many other threads are you cheating on us? :max::max:

@BorderlineCrazy HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! fest42.giffest31.gifmusik36.gifmusik40.gif You're almost one of us = gossiping woman :rofl-lol::devilshades: 

(How old are you? :ph34r:)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl might as well stick the target to his back right now. :lol:

Oh yes... although, from what I've read in the D&N thread about this, not all people expect it to be an AFD5 show - maybe the majority doesn't. But still... and if no AFD5 is combined with a subpar Axl performance... shit :lol:

4 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I just checked it and St. Louis is on the 27th. My bad... So the date doesn't have anything to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

The best GNR AFD30 show would be Troubadour for real fans, no fake celebrities, cheap models (Hi, Andrei) or any other freaks. 

Only Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven (arrright, Dizzy as well since he's been a part of the band for ages), no cameras or phones allowed. No streams. No Seeker. Just good ol' rock'n'roll :headbang:

@BorderlineCrazy HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! fest42.giffest31.gifmusik36.gifmusik40.gif You're almost one of us = gossiping woman :rofl-lol::devilshades: 

The DECENT thing to do for the fans would be all you said above and a real pro camera video to livestream for the fans and a DVD or whatever set / itunes to make money of it.

I'm sure that would also be a media blast and they would get so much reach and all and probably the sales of AFD would rise. But well, why am I not in the PR team? They could also give interviews to raise awareness and make it bigger.

They could also get Izzy to say, Hello Tori, I love you and I'm sorry I never made it to Munich. But oh well ... 

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Oh yes... although, from what I've read in the D&N thread about this, not all people expect it to be an AFD5 show - maybe the majority doesn't. But still... and if no AFD5 is combined with a subpar Axl performance... shit :lol:

What's wrong with people? What on earth is wrong with them? I'm slightly worried for their hearing - or heart. :rofl-lol:

But I really think that only in this forum NuGNR Fans are somewhat persistant and dogmatic. IF people think of Guns 'n Roses its always the original 5. What else, really? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Happy Birthday to you :hug:

15 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Thank you both! :heart: I'm proud and happy to be one of you! Thanks for accepting me :D I wonder if I'll develop tits like Fortus did

I've lost count :ph34r: Haha no, I'm 29 now. I can no longer relate to Estranged's lyrics :P

Look at Fernandos shoes.. I can't trust a man to do something cool who wears those shoes!! :rofl-lol:

LOL. I think you're being a bit unfair. I mean, you've seen Axl do cool things WHILE wearing the most hideous and ridiculous hat in the world just a few days ago :lol: 

20 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

That scenario is just so perfect that only thinking about it almost gives me anxiety. Just with half of those things I'd be the happiest man on Earth!

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I just checked it and St. Louis is on the 27th. My bad... So the date doesn't have anything to do.

I hope Axl will have his best night of the year that day. Really want him to win over all the people and stop the endless criticism of his voice. I'm sure he can do it right!

So there's still a bunch of free days before the St. Louis show? That's great, maybe they can play another show on LA on the 21st or 22nd. Damn it, I can't wait for July!!

15 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

But I really think that only in this forum NuGNR Fans are somewhat persistant and dogmatic. IF people think of Guns 'n Roses its always the original 5. What else, really? 

Sadly I think it's sort of the other way around. Here's one of the few place where you can find people caring about Izzy, Steven and Duff. When most people think of Guns N' Roses, they think of Slash and Axl, who else is in the band doesn't really matter to them. It sucks but that's how it is (I believe is the same situation with Aerosmith for example, where people care about Steven and Joe).

17 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Thank you both! :heart: I'm proud and happy to be one of you! Thanks for accepting me :D I wonder if I'll develop tits like Fortus did

I've lost count :ph34r: Haha no, I'm 29 now. I can no longer relate to Estranged's lyrics :P

LOL. I think you're being a bit unfair. I mean, you've seen Axl do cool things WHILE wearing the most hideous and ridiculous hat in the world just a few days ago :lol: 

That scenario is just so perfect that only thinking about it almost gives me anxiety. Just with half of those things I'd be the happiest man on Earth!

I hope Axl will have his best night of the year that day. Really want him to win over all the people and stop the endless criticism of his voice. I'm sure he can do it right!

So there's still a bunch of free days before the St. Louis show? That's great, maybe they can play another show on LA on the 21st or 22nd. Damn it, I can't wait for July!!

Sadly I think it's sort of the other way around. Here's one of the few place where you can find people caring about Izzy, Steven and Duff. When most people think of Guns N' Roses, they think of Slash and Axl, who else is in the band doesn't really matter to them. It sucks but that's how it is (I believe is the same situation with Aerosmith for example, where people care about Steven and Joe).

@BorderlineCrazy Happy jolly good Birthday. Celebrate with some crazy 'roses music ??????....ps. Wish I would be still 29 ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

We're nearly the same age :ph34r:. But I'm older :max:. Anyway, you are a Gemini and don't take off your shoes at home, so....:bitchfight:

9 hours ago, money honey said:

I was like this too in the weeks before Slane. You've been so excited for so long, it's like your brain has to take a break as the show approaches and you go into 'numb' mode. Believe me the love will come back on the day itself! 

I hope so :nervous:. I need to find my love for Axl again :no:. I lost it last week when a storm came and the only strong lightning struck my house (and blew up my router :rofl-lol:). Must have been a sign :ph34r:. I even skipped all gnr songs on my phone today :facepalm:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What's wrong with people? What on earth is wrong with them? I'm slightly worried for their hearing - or heart. :rofl-lol:

I have to agree with @BorderlineCrazy here... The truth is that the majority of people outside MyGnR see GnR as Axl and Slash, the singer and the lead guitarist.

As for this forum, yes, there is a portion of NuGnR fans who doesn't care about the original 5 (some of them pretend that they do but in reality they have other issues with Axl and they hate the reunion) - another portion of them does though. In general it doesn't have to do with NuGnR fans, it's just that people want to keep their expectations low (which is the realistic thing to do :mellow:)

I think the most we'll get from this thing is a Steven appearance and maybe an interview...

11 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Haha thanks!! :heart: That was some crazy timing as it was my birthday too! :P

Wow, what a present Boca gave to you then! Happy belated Birthday! Hope you had a great one, you deserve it :heart:

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Guns N’ Roses will perform at Harlem’s world famous Apollo Theater for a special invitation-only concert 

Well...I'm expecting my invitation soon :popcorn:...otherwise :bitchfight::max:

Just got home and heard about this. I don't want to get all my hopes up and think about a AFD5 show but my mind is doing tricks to me and I'm already seeing Izzy playing Think About You :max: Anyway, I expect my invitation too. Take your time, Andrei.

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I think so too and wow, that fuckin' show will suck ass if the attendees will be just celebs and a few fans handpicked as always.

I'm getting so tired of all this elitistic bullshit ways of them...... It is always the same thing, just like people from Nightrain Fan Club winning exclusive signed shit: IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME FUCKING PEOPLE WINNING STUFF :anger:

A celebration of AFD should be in Los Angeles, in the fucking street, close an avenue and make it FREE for all to come.
Bring on Izzy and Steven and give to people what people want to see: AFD5!!!
For once and for all, do something for the fans instead of pleasing your bitches with silicone injections, bleached blond hair and collagen lip projections.....:fuckyou:

If its not going to be true to the sentiment and roots of #Appetite then it can f--- o----, for all I care.
Never thought this band would become all of what they despised and stood against :facepalm:

Yeah, I guess the Apollo Theater show will be cool for the "lucky ones" who will attend as it's a small venue and all, but that's about it.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Ohhh, there's about three or four others.. but they don't mean anything to me.. I swear :rofl-lol:

(maybe think of selling your ticket if you dislike Axl so much now :cry: ??  Or just go for Slash and ignore Axl :)

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, people say they don't expect it but really when it happens there they will be in the 100 page thread about what a joke there was no AFD5 :lol:

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Haha!! Even in the ridiculous UK outfit I still thought he was cool ?

• Like 2

On 21/6/2017 at 3:57 PM, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I guess the Apollo Theater show will be cool for the "lucky ones" who will attend as it's a small venue and all, but that's about it.

After seeing/hearing/knowing some shit, I know those "lucky ones" are just handpicked by TB according to the amount of sucking you've done throughout the years.

There is no chance for luck here, unfortunately.

On 21/6/2017 at 4:15 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't think I have the stomach for it, to be honest... 

I like to read the Nightrain forum for a laugh sometimes though :lol:

Yes, it is funny to read the little wacko posting alone 100 threads and talking to (insert gender here)self :lol:

• Like 1