GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

I read something online that when they did the show in Tel Aviv, Axl wanted an exercise bike in his suite. Can’t imagine he’s the type of guy who would go to a gym where people might see him exercising. Lol he also wanted the room to be sound proofed which raised all kinds of questions in my mind 😂

57 minutes ago, Politania said:

but either way at the end of the tour he lost few pounds. I wish we could see him more often now... i might sound crazy but I miss him. I wish we could get more photos

I miss him too! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

I read something online that when they did the show in Tel Aviv, Axl wanted an exercise bike in his suite. Can’t imagine he’s the type of guy who would go to a gym where people might see him exercising. Lol he also wanted the room to be sound proofed which raised all kinds of questions in my mind 😂

I miss him too! 

Yeah, he is that kind of person who avoids public places like that. I do understand him. Sound proof room lol

It is for singing...right?!😁

4 hours ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

Happy birthday @purplestargirl :headbang:

Picked up CD on vinyl for £7.99 today in a new record shop near where I live...going to be brave and give it a proper listen. They also had lots of live GNR recordings so might go back and get some of them. 

I still have the first press of AFD that was my older brothers' back in the 80s. He still hasn't asked for it back yet, but his music has changed & no longer has a turn table. I listen to it rarely & it has a few scratches on it, but that's ok. I'll pass it on down to my own kids eventually. I love the interaction of vinyl, taking it out of the sleeve, looking at the artwork, blowing off dust, turning the right nobs, dropping the needle & waiting for the sound...iPod/iPhone is great but not as personal as vinyl.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

I still have the first press of AFD that was my older brothers' back in the 80s. He still hasn't asked for it back yet, but his music has changed & no longer has a turn table. I listen to it rarely & it has a few scratches on it, but that's ok. I'll pass it on down to my own kids eventually. I love the interaction of vinyl, taking it out of the sleeve, looking at the artwork, blowing off dust, turning the right nobs, dropping the needle & waiting for the sound...iPod/iPhone is great but not as personal as vinyl.

I knowwww... i’ve been so nostalgic lately that I’m about to go to Barnes N Nobles and buy a bunch of vinyls :wacko:

• Like 1

@Wheredowegomeow I missed your post about picking up CD on vinyl and now I can't find it to quote it.  But do let us know how it sounds - I can't imagine it?

To me, the tone of CD is very clean and cold.  Crisp.  Sometimes thin and tinny, robotic at times (see Shackler's for a great example of that).  I mean all this in a positive way, obviously, being a fan of it (I'm one of those who loves CD exactly for what it is).  And the nature of vinyl is warmth and a sort of thickness, a fuzziness that's the opposite of what CD stands for.  So I can't imagine how CD would come across on vinyl?  Maybe it'd be better?  :shrugs:  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

17 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

Out of likes.  I know what you mean about being nostalgic for a turntable and needle.  I was looking at a bunch of turntables the other day.  They don't make them boxy or clunky like they used to, they look pretty cool now and come in all sorts of colours and designs.  Some come in this cool suitcase looking thing so you can carry it around. LOL  I'm seriously thinking  of investing in one of the more budget ones.  I've still got records from back in the day, plus my parents' large collection of 60s and 70s records I could play.   I would LOVE to hear AFD on vinyl.  Only ever heard it on cassette (lol!) and CD.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Politania said:

Yeah, he is that kind of person who avoids public places like that. I do understand him. Sound proof room lol

It is for singing...right?!😁

Hahaha I sure hope it’s for that 😂

24 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

My husband managed to get an original AFD and it still sounds great, I love looking at the artwork. He’s tried to get the illusions but at the moment they seem pretty expensive (he’s not keen on getting brand new vinyls as he much prefers the sound of the old ones). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Out of likes.  I know what you mean about being nostalgic for a turntable and needle.  I was looking at a bunch of turntables the other day.  They don't make them boxy or clunky like they used to, they look pretty cool now and come in all sorts of colours and designs.  Some come in this cool suitcase looking thing so you can carry it around. LOL  I'm seriously thinking  of investing in one of the more budget ones.  I've still got records from back in the day, plus my parents' large collection of 60s and 70s records I could play.   I would LOVE to hear AFD on vinyl.  Only ever heard it on cassette (lol!) and CD.

I had AfD on cassette but taped from playing a vinyl. lol. I recently figured out when I got it. It was summer of 89. I knew them from late 88 on... Gosh. It does feel like 700 years ago. lol.

I could get nostalgic over vinyl! But to be completely honest, I was excited when cds ame along as I always involuntarily had scratches on my records. (Nobody said vinyl!) I also like to put my cd player on "shuffle" to not  having to listen to the album in the invented order. It kept my ears fresh for the songs, I felt, and also it was less tedious to listen to the album than in the same sequence of songs again and again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purplestargirl said:

On another note, I keep trying to find this one picture of Duff when he was a kid and wearing some sort of costume. Nothing is coming up for that so far.

Which one from GNR was showed in Live n let die videoclip, at the beginning? The kid who is shooting?!

15 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

This is such a gloriously clear photo of that 'infamous' stage chemistry moment, I just had to share it here.  

It's on GNRCentral's FB page and one of the commenters wrote: this pic makes me feel like I should have knocked first.  Me too! :lol:

dbESYw2.png

Funny how Axl picked on Slash a lot, sorta like this picture, and Slash just allowed it. He was either too high or too focused on his guitar to notice Axl.

15 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Funny how Axl picked on Slash a lot, sorta like this picture, and Slash just allowed it. He was either too high or too focused on his guitar to notice Axl.

Or Slash liked it. ;)

I think it's a singer/guitarist thing.  I have seen other singers hang all over their guitarists this way...well, actually not quite this way - think Axl and Slash really pushed the personal space factor - but they do tend to hang off them a lot.

Eddie Vedder literally hanging off Chris Cornell. LOL

T4JHOJo.png

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Or Slash liked it. ;)

I think it's a singer/guitarist thing.  I have seen other singers hang all over their guitarists this way...well, actually not quite this way - think Axl and Slash really pushed the personal space factor - but they do tend to hang off them a lot.

Eddie Vedder literally hanging off Chris Cornell. LOL

T4JHOJo.png

That's two singers and this is adorable. Was this Eddie's debut with Pearl Jam? Chris apparently carried Eddie out on his back or shoulders and told the audience Eddie was their guy now. This was after Andy Wood has passed away and two of the founding members of Mother Love Bone evolved into Pearl Jam.

Edited by purplestargirl

Well, I'd file those two under singer/multi-instrumentalists! LOL

I have no idea if this was Eddie's debut, that photo has been floating around on my computer for a while and I just remembered it. Thought it was a great shot and makes Axl look pretty polite in comparison. :lol:

Edit: actually directly comparing the photos, Axl just looks fucking intense. LOL  He's like, gripping Slash like Golumn with his golden ring, my preciouusssssss.:lol:

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Still haven't found that picture of little Duff dressed as an angel. :(  And yes, I know it exists because I've seen it somewhere on the Internet. I would be a happy birthday girl if that was found and posted here.

He looks adorable and the expression on his little face is so cute and funny.

16 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Still haven't found that picture of little Duff dressed as an angel. :(  And yes, I know it exists because I've seen it somewhere on the Internet. I would be a happy birthday girl if that was found and posted here.

He looks adorable and the expression on his little face is so cute and funny.

I’m looking... I’m looking... still no luck...

i found this tho, made me all warm and fuzzy

88939_C35-_BE86-455_A-_A392-3763763_E83_