GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

7 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

And Slash pretty much said his and Axl's bond was/is a marriage. No wonder Axl despised Perla...she took his husband. Lol!

That last part was a joke. :ph34r:

Well it is true. Even more of a coincidence that axl reached out to slash once slashs divorce  was in full effect. Perla must have been pissed!!.

Happy new year, everyone! And what a great way to start off the year with the new Slash interview. :lol: Finally he talks. FINALLY.

And he's still using the marriage/break-up/bond/etc vocabulary. Good to see that nothing has changed :awesomeface:

9 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I think it's really sweet how Slash refers to Axl as 'Ax'.  :wub:

Yes, I noticed that too.

Glad to hear him doing that again :heart:

12 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Did you know that in the Slash interview, Slash said that if IG was around when the band was starting, it would have been fun.

I'm glad Slash agrees with us :lol:

It really is a pity social media wasn't around back then. Well, a pity for us, but probably a blessing for them lol.

Thankfully we have @Andy14 to help us out in that department :ph34r:

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Oh, forgot to mention, the other interesting thing: London was asked to comment on whether he has noticed a change in his dad's mood since reuniting with Axl (freaking GREAT question - very bold) and London said he had noticed a change; that his dad was happy and excited to play every show and that he even would still get nervous before going on.  He requires 20 minutes of solitude before each show. 

Omg :wub::wub::wub:

That's so awesome.  (And I agree, what a great question to ask!)

And they're spot on with their assessment of rock music imo, unfortunately. I'm more than 10 years older than they are, but it's the same with most people that are my age or a few years younger. No one cares about or listens to this kind of stuff anymore. I only know a few people who're into rock. Everyone else seems to be into DJs and house or hiphop or whatever...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Probably the most interesting part was getting their views on the state of music today and where Rock fits in.  They are, after all, our current teenage demographic and they're in a band, so it was definitely worthwhile hearing what they had to say.   Sadly, it's not a great outlook.  

Literally none of their friends are into Rock.  Like, they'll listen to it casually, but no more than that.  They're into rap and the whole gangster/bling/party drugs (London's words) that go with the image..  So, so sad.  They admitted that Rock is pretty much underground now.  They are outliers amongst their friends.  I can't tell you ladies how much this depresses me.  

Anyway, a funny thing I'm sure some of you here will fully appreciate: they don't like Chinese Democracy! :lol: Give it time boys, give it time. lol

Oh, forgot to mention, the other interesting thing: London was asked to comment on whether he has noticed a change in his dad's mood since reuniting with Axl (freaking GREAT question - very bold) and London said he had noticed a change; that his dad was happy and excited to play every show and that he even would still get nervous before going on.  He requires 20 minutes of solitude before each show. 

Out of likes but thanks bunches for breaking it down like that! Hearing that Slash is happier and excited to play these gigs gives me all types of warm feels! Awwww. :heart:

• Like 2

On 30. 12. 2017 at 8:35 PM, Politania said:

Yeah, he is that kind of person who avoids public places like that. I do understand him. Sound proof room lol

It is for singing...right?!😁

:rofl-lol: If people like Steven Tyler or Keith Richards are right, you simply don`t want to listen to hours long vocal warm up. These sounds are loud and awful and don`t have much with actual singing. Or sounds you would assume that could go from a hotel room.

1 hour ago, Alja said:

:rofl-lol: If people like Steven Tyler or Keith Richards are right, you simply don`t want to listen to hours long vocal warm up. These sounds are loud and awful and don`t have much with actual singing. Or sounds you would assume that could go from a hotel room.

Im sure 😅😅😅

Ps. Andrei G. Is in hospital in Aspen 😈

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Out of likes but thanks bunches for breaking it down like that! Hearing that Slash is happier and excited to play these gigs gives me all types of warm feels! Awwww. :heart:

This is what I was waiting for. Since reunion we didnt get any info about their meeting. Of course we dont know details but it is heart warming ❤❤

• Like 1

The Slash interview is really awesome. Both Slash and Nikki seem to be so relaxed and mellow guys. I never knew Nikki Sixx but I always disliked him for the rumors I have heard. Well, I guess he also got older and hopefully wiser. At least he got sober.

Anyway, Slash to me seems happy about the tour and also about the success of it. I'm not sure how much he's happy about his somewhat reconciled friendship with Axl and just being (rightfully) proud and glad about the success of the tour - and that nobody freaked out...

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I'm glad Slash agrees with us :lol:

It really is a pity social media wasn't around back then. Well, a pity for us, but probably a blessing for them lol.

Thankfully we have @Andy14 to help us out in that department :ph34r:

Yes, @Andy14 is queen for that.

33 minutes ago, Politania said:

Ps. Andrei G. Is in hospital in Aspen 😈

*Sarcasm* Poor bastard

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

For anyone who is interested, London and Nico of Classless Act do a podcast. 

It is a looooong podcast.  I ended up doing housework while listening to it. lol  

Probably the most interesting part was getting their views on the state of music today and where Rock fits in.  They are, after all, our current teenage demographic and they're in a band, so it was definitely worthwhile hearing what they had to say.   Sadly, it's not a great outlook.  

Literally none of their friends are into Rock.  Like, they'll listen to it casually, but no more than that.  They're into rap and the whole gangster/bling/party drugs (London's words) that go with the image..  So, so sad.  They admitted that Rock is pretty much underground now.  They are outliers amongst their friends.  I can't tell you ladies how much this depresses me.  

Anyway, a funny thing I'm sure some of you here will fully appreciate: they don't like Chinese Democracy! :lol: Give it time boys, give it time. lol

OH I just missed that. Thanks for summing it up, couldn't listen to it now.

It's sad how low Rock n' Roll is regarded among teenagers today. It seems we won't have great new rock n'roll for a long time. I love that they don't like CD either though, lol.

The thing he says about Slash being happy and nervous before playing is very cute. Didn't Slash say that before, that he always gets nervous before a show?

33 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

The Slash interview is really awesome. Both Slash and Nikki seem to be so relaxed and mellow guys. I never knew Nikki Sixx but I always disliked him for the rumors I have heard. Well, I guess he also got older and hopefully wiser. At least he got sober.

Anyway, Slash to me seems happy about the tour and also about the success of it. I'm not sure how much he's happy about his somewhat reconciled friendship with Axl and just being (rightfully) proud and glad about the success of the tour - and that nobody freaked out...

Well, you know what a skeptic I was about those two a while back, and I can honestly say after watching Slash talk about it, I wholeheartedly believe he loves Axl (platonic) and he's thrilled to bits about being back with him, getting to play the tour, all that.  That grin and raised eyebrow when he talks about how 'fuckin' awesome' it was that the tour happened...that got me right in the heart.  I think I fell a little bit in love with Slash myself. LOL 

What are your thoughts @janrichmond  Just asking because we discussed this a while back, about how we both felt something was up with him, he was off, not himself etc...what do you think now?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

What are your thoughts @janrichmond  Just asking because we discussed this a while back, about how we both felt something was up with him, he was off, not himself etc...what do you think now?

I think he's more himself now but like only for the last few months of the tour, he really wasn't relaxed for a long while IMO, i think when i first saw him join in with singing Paradise City then i knew he was back to being Slash:slash: 

• Like 2

Just now, janrichmond said:

I think he's more himself now but like only for the last few months of the tour, he really wasn't relaxed for a long while IMO, i think when i first saw him join in with singing Paradise City then i knew he was back to being Slash:slash: 

Darn, outta likes.  Yeah, I agree, it all seemed to come together in the last quarter of the NA leg.  Good to get your opinion on Slash matters. ^_^  So him singing on Paradise City...hmm...I guess it just took that long for him to warm up to the new reality/come to terms with everything.?  It can't have been easy for any of them.

• Like 3

I’m watching the episode of my favourite riff with Nikki Sixx with Slash in it, worth a watch if you haven’t already seen it. It’s really interesting hearing Slash talking about music he likes and is inspired by, he’s such a passionate musician. Also he’s looking daaamn fiiiiine in it  :slash::drool:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Did Slash straighten his hair out!? I never want to see him do that to his curls again if that's the case. I also wonder if that's Meegan's doing if his hair is straightened out because Slash hardly changes his appearance.

I don't get why people try to change the way others look. If people are happy with the way they look, leave it alone.

1 hour ago, Ubukitty said:

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone on this forum. It's been quite the year, some good some bad. I am happy to have this forum to turn to not just in tough times but also in happiness and I look forward to the future and hopefully meeting some of you and traveling abroad to see some GnR shows. I'm kinda throwing darts right now to choose which show to see this year as I've never been out of the country, aside from Mexico and I'm really looking forward to doing some traveling and learning about different cultures. I don't really have any definitive resolutions because I hate letting myself down but if I had to say I think I would try to stop being so hard on myself, take things a little slower, make time for myself, save more money and give more money to those in need. And with that being said, my blessing to all of you is happiness, great health, less work/more money, more GnR shows and that your life gets better with each passing day.

Very nice words @UbukittyHappy new year to you too✌✊

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Did Slash straighten his hair out!? I never want to see him do that to his curls again if that's the case. I also wonder if that's Meegan's doing if his hair is straightened out because Slash hardly changes his appearance.

I don't get why people try to change the way others look. If people are happy with the way they look, leave it alone.

I think that’s just Meegan’s hair overlapping his.

btw...doesn’t Slash totally look stoned in that pic LOL

Edited by Rocketqueen76

1 hour ago, purplestargirl said:

Meegan didn't do anything to his hair. :facepalm: That's his natural hair texture without the extensions.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I think that’s just Meegan’s hair overlapping his.

btw...doesn’t Slash totally look stoned in that pic LOL

Damn them both for having really dark hair. I honestly can't tell. And yes, he looks pretty baked even though he's probably not.

2 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Meegan didn't do anything to his hair. :facepalm:That's his natural hair texture without the extensions.

Frizzy but not curly? Whatever it is, it looks weird on him. I prefer the curls.