GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Well, Jimmy Kimmel is Jimmy Kimmel. Part of his humour is to slag people off. After so many years my initial feeling about the interview was that Axl could have shown more self-depricating humour. That would have been cool. He tried and I think that's great but Axl never is self-ironic.

Anyway, the meds question or not. Whatever he is taking or not - it is not helping with be more going out, being more sociable so it doesn't really make a difference. So I don't really understand why you brought it up? (Genuine question.)  I agree that his face looks puffed up. Could alcohol, too. Or whatever it is he did to his face.

Jimmy got his chuckle in the opening monologue, then tried again with Axl & then again. It's one thing for his guests to go along with it, but don't alienate the guest which is like walking a tightrope with someone like Axl. I mean, after all these years, he's the one (at that time) that got the interview everyone else was clamouring for.

I brought up the puffiness because it could be a tell tale sign which could explain why he may not be as socialable as the others. Even if one is on meds for bipolar or any other mood altering med, it doesn't 'fix' you, it just helps you handle life better, it doesn't make you sociable & very often dulls your personality. Axl may very well be an introverted guy, or just a guy who socializes behind close doors, on phones, at each other's homes, etc...he's good at keeping his privacy...we don't even know who he's dating.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mararoyce said:

Jimmy got his chuckle in the opening monologue, then tried again with Axl & then again. It's one thing for his guests to go along with it, but don't alienate the guest which is like walking a tightrope with someone like Axl. I mean, after all these years, he's the one (at that time) that got the interview everyone else was clamouring for.

I brought up the puffiness because it could be a tell tale sign which could explain why he may not be as socialable as the others. Even if one is on meds for bipolar or any other mood altering med, it doesn't 'fix' you, it just helps you handle life better, it doesn't make you sociable & very often dulls your personality. Axl may very well be an introverted guy, or just a guy who socializes behind close doors, on phones, at each other's homes, etc...he's good at keeping his privacy...we don't even know who he's dating.

I understand. Both what you said about Kimmel and his jokes as well as about the meds. I guess there are no meds who can make someone more sociable. Handling his depression/being bipolar/whatever it is better is one thing. If it makes him like in the Argentina TV interview then I understand why he  stays away from interviews. I also think it is his choice how he wants to be sociable or not. With Axl it is that I feel he doesn't socialize at all. With that other recluse, Izzy, I feel he does socialize with people, has got family, friends, a partner. That is being private and sociable behind closed doors. With Axl it is different. But as I said, he has always been that way and it won't change in old age. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

S

Was just so pleased to watch Slash come across happy and content, and it's obvious that he's thrilled to be back with Axl.  So now we know why Axl looked so deliriously happy on stage all the time - after enduring all those years of being miserable, he must feel like he has new lease on life. 

oh yes . i saw that too and thought It was very sweet :)

14 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Also liked when Nikki said how the Motley break up 'left a hole in his heart,'  Slash agrees and says that 'there was always that thing' and that's what prompts him to say he doesn't want to get into 'all that personal stuff.'  Awwww....

I so wish to have been there in that encounter....I bet they cried:D....Seriously....it must had been a very long and thoughtful conversation

• Like 1

On January 2, 2018 at 8:04 AM, killuridols said:

:smiley-confused2:

I just came to say that I think Nikki Sixx is :drool: :drool: :drool: in that interview!!!

:ph34r:

I'm late to the game...but Slash is giving Axl a run for his money. :drool::drool::drool:

My heart belongs to Axl, but Slash came off very spoon worthy. I thought I felt a little jolt in my heart when watching him. My reaction to Nicki Sixx surprised me, he got my motor running & I don't know if's the fact that these boys both turned thier lives around kicking their habits or what. They are like bad boys who know better...:drool: what an intoxicating combo.

Edited by Mararoyce
  • Like 2

Just now, Mararoyce said:

I'm late to the game...but Slash is giving Axl a run for his money. :drool::drool::drool:

My heart belongs to Axl, but Slash came off very spoon worthy. I thought I felt a little jolt in my heart when watching him. My reaction to Nicki Sixx surprised me, he got my motor running & I don't know if it is the fact that these boys both turned thier lives around kicking their habits or what. They are like bad boys who know better, what an intoxicating combo.

Oh yes. Absolutely.

I watched my favourite riff with Slash and Nikki Sixx as well as Nikki Sixx's interview with Eva Mozes Kor, a holocaust survivor. He did this interview very well, very sensitive and sensible and ... I am in awe with him now. I am in awe with Eva Mozes Kor, too, of course. It is amazing how he turned his live around. He also talks about his addiction and tries to help addicts today. People like him amaze me. I really wanted to say that here. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Oh yes. Absolutely.

I watched my favourite riff with Slash and Nikki Sixx as well as Nikki Sixx's interview with Eva Mozes Kor, a holocaust survivor. He did this interview very well, very sensitive and sensible and ... I am in awe with him now. I am in awe with Eva Mozes Kor, too, of course. It is amazing how he turned his live around. He also talks about his addiction and tries to help addicts today. People like him amaze me. I really wanted to say that here. 

I'll check that interview out, thanks!

I agree, I like the clarity with which they speak. Have you read Nicki's book? I'm  debating reading it.

17 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Ha! I'm a total Slash convert.  He's sexy as hell to me these days.  Wooooo!  Also, someone on here said something about happiness being a magnet, I forget who it was, and I couldn't agree more.  He's got some magnetism going on there. :drool:

Out of likes, but that old magnetism is back, baby... it's back!

Just now, Mararoyce said:

I'll check that interview out, thanks!

I agree, I like the clarity with which they speak. Have you read Nicki's book? I'm  debating reading it.

No I won't read books like that. I said it before somewhere. Addictions depress me and frighten me. I know those stories will follow me into my life.

I don`t take Axl as "normal adult", because I`m not either. I`m regular weirdo. It`s like you work on different frequency like most of the people you ever meet in life and you just can`t tune to that frequency. Like permanent estrangement. You watch them in ave but... just not. They feel it same way and it lasts often years (or it can never happen) that they start accept you with your weirdness. Not understand, accept. They can`t grasp that process in between some shit reaching your head and whoa!. I`ve heard million times that with some work (usually including drinking) they can make me normal. I was borderline suffering or completely suffering at that moment and thinking of shelter and my beloved co-weirdos I was lucky to meet. We share things differently, more in metaphors and pictures and feelings, we talk different things like usual people do, our conversation is incomprehensible to them (contains tons of sarcasm, too). One of worst torture people do to me in attempt to make me "normal" is trying to make me socialize if I don`t want to. Or to make me to normal things. Either ridiculous fail or outburst. Weirdos also make strong and lasting bonds, if they feel they can connect to particular person.

My other good holiday read was about living as intellectually gifted and... holy shit, it also fits Axl astoundingly well, it describes also struggles these people go through during life, which are caused by how their minds work and how they perceive - which, itself, is a cause of estrangement with consequences like doubts and insecurities and difficulties with understanding "normal" and fitting in. Running minds which need lots of alone time, also because of heightened empathy and "sucking" emotions from environment, which can easily overwhelm person and cause outburst. (Axl can differentiate very subtle nuances in emotions, look at interviews about music/songwritting). It`s not just being smart like Duff or Slash is, this has way different quality. This is quiet new topic and there might be huge weight to fall from  Axl`s chest discovering that he is not faulty or cursed child, just different (you can`t go "normal", as "normal"people can`t switch gifted and do things gifted people do). These people are often diagnosed as ADHD or ADD as kids, they maintain different for rest of their lives (Luckily I was raised as weirdo, no meds. I was told I was ADD as an adult by psychologist who knows me since ever during "beer conversation")

If you go through biographies of rockers, you find mentions of Axl. Nikki Sixx was raging junkie in times he started to hang out with Slash, Axl was occasional user at best. If someone mentions GNR guys, Axl is always distant, either from drugged pack of Nikki and Slash-Duff-Steven combo or Steven Tyler, who is far more grounded and does not get Axl`s UYI emotional mess with consequences. Slash and Duff themselves mention Axl as distant or baffling. And even for gutted rat like Slash the bond between him and Axl has always been special and deep and media many times violated it. Slash can speak about it, I don`t think Axl can go with it public without risk of lost of control or major breakdown. Do you want to see 50-something man shattered to pieces in public? Me not. 

I was asking people on meds and they all agreed that it`s better than suffering, but they also miss ability to be really happy. They`re mediocre feeling. They can`t shine intensely (correct me if I`m wrong).

As far as I know, a singer can`t eat solid food two-three hours before show, it would compromise singing (I was talking to band members in pub during break, they were stuffing themselves with steaks and singer had his lukewarm silent water, orange juice and tea). I can imagine after this and three plus hours of running and singing onstage Axl must binge-eat anything which does not escape to a tree ahead of him somewhere around midnight.  

Axl IS introverted, no doubts. 

End of Alja`s twainwreck analysis. :popcorn:

41 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

I repeat myself, go for it!

Edited by Alja
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

No I won't read books like that. I said it before somewhere. Addictions depress me and frighten me. I know those stories will follow me into my life.

having the same issue :/

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Alright, to add to all the speculations: Meegan, Susan, Slash, his father and Beta all reposted the same post within 24 hours. Plus Jarmo and his tweet. Coincidence or a band meeting after the Christmas break? :ph34r:

Meegan's comment under Beta's post was sweet. She mentioned about fans...we are important, aren't we? ;)

19 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Alright, to add to all the speculations: Meegan, Susan, Slash, his father and Beta all reposted the same post within 24 hours. Plus Jarmo and his tweet. Coincidence or a band meeting after the Christmas break? :ph34r:

Outta likes but I like the way you think...:hahafyou:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alja said:

I don`t take Axl as "normal adult", because I`m not either. I`m regular weirdo. It`s like you work on different frequency like most of the people you ever meet in life and you just can`t tune to that frequency. Like permanent estrangement. You watch them in ave but... just not. They feel it same way and it lasts often years (or it can never happen) that they start accept you with your weirdness. Not understand, accept. They can`t grasp that process in between some shit reaching your head and whoa!. I`ve heard million times that with some work (usually including drinking) they can make me normal. I was borderline suffering or completely suffering at that moment and thinking of shelter and my beloved co-weirdos I was lucky to meet. We share things differently, more in metaphors and pictures and feelings, we talk different things like usual people do, our conversation is incomprehensible to them (contains tons of sarcasm, too). One of worst torture people do to me in attempt to make me "normal" is trying to make me socialize if I don`t want to. Or to make me to normal things. Either ridiculous fail or outburst. Weirdos also make strong and lasting bonds, if they feel they can connect to particular person.

My other good holiday read was about living as intellectually gifted and... holy shit, it also fits Axl astoundingly well, it describes also struggles these people go through during life, which are caused by how their minds work and how they perceive - which, itself, is a cause of estrangement with consequences like doubts and insecurities and difficulties with understanding "normal" and fitting in. Running minds which need lots of alone time, also because of heightened empathy and "sucking" emotions from environment, which can easily overwhelm person and cause outburst. (Axl can differentiate very subtle nuances in emotions, look at interviews about music/songwritting). It`s not just being smart like Duff or Slash is, this has way different quality. This is quiet new topic and there might be huge weight to fall from  Axl`s chest discovering that he is not faulty or cursed child, just different (you can`t go "normal", as "normal"people can`t switch gifted and do things gifted people do). These people are often diagnosed as ADHD or ADD as kids, they maintain different for rest of their lives (Luckily I was raised as weirdo, no meds. I was told I was ADD as an adult by psychologist who knows me since ever during "beer conversation")

If you go through biographies of rockers, you find mentions of Axl. Nikki Sixx was raging junkie in times he started to hang out with Slash, Axl was occasional user at best. If someone mentions GNR guys, Axl is always distant, either from drugged pack of Nikki and Slash-Duff-Steven combo or Steven Tyler, who is far more grounded and does not get Axl`s UYI emotional mess with consequences. Slash and Duff themselves mention Axl as distant or baffling. And even for gutted rat like Slash the bond between him and Axl has always been special and deep and media many times violated it. Slash can speak about it, I don`t think Axl can go with it public without risk of lost of control or major breakdown. Do you want to see 50-something man shattered to pieces in public? Me not. 

I was asking people on meds and they all agreed that it`s better than suffering, but they also miss ability to be really happy. They`re mediocre feeling. They can`t shine intensely (correct me if I`m wrong).

As far as I know, a singer can`t eat solid food two-three hours before show, it would compromise singing (I was talking to band members in pub during break, they were stuffing themselves with steaks and singer had his lukewarm silent water, orange juice and tea). I can imagine after this and three plus hours of running and singing onstage Axl must binge-eat anything which does not escape to a tree ahead of him somewhere around midnight.  

Axl IS introverted, no doubts. 

End of Alja`s twainwreck analysis. :popcorn:

I repeat myself, go for it!

As always @Alja, on point with your comments/analysis. I’m a weirdo as well. So #teamweirdo... without wanting to, you described me as well... 

Edited by Gabrielaerojas
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gabrielaerojas said:

As always @Alja, on point with your comments/analysis. I’m a weirdo as well. So #teamweirdo... without wanting to, you described me as well... 

I don`t get this social media thingy, I rely on ye ol` analysis :lol:. #teamweirdo!

19954940_115502412411928_333724849446846

Edited by Alja
  • Like 3