GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Just now, Andy14 said:

It would be easy, a continuous stream of Axl's comments with an occasional posts from others saying "But Ax...", "Listen to us...", "Don't you think...", "Ok, you don't...", "Can I...", "I see I can't...", "How 'bout...", "Right",  "Who the hell shall read it?", "Yes", "Of course, you're right...", "How can we kick you out of the group conversation?", "Oh, you're the admin...", "Yes, yes..."

Would be the same for now and then :ph34r:

Whyyyyyyyy can't I liiiiiike???? LOL  Would like a hundred times if I could.  Yep, you're right, that's all it'd be. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

It would be easy, a continuous stream of Axl's comments with an occasional posts from others saying "But Ax...", "Listen to us...", "Don't you think...", "Ok, you don't...", "Can I...", "I see I can't...", "How 'bout...", "Right",  "Who the hell shall read it?", "Yes", "Of course, you're right...", "How can we kick you out of the group conversation?", "Oh, you're the admin...", "Yes, yes..."

Whatsapp groups are the biggest pest on earth!!! :vomit:

All the common places happen over there, all the ignorant people are on whatsapp groups, doxa flows like shit in the toilet :vomit:

Please dont make it a whatsapp group.... I'd like to keep dreaming that the bandmembers are not that kind of people and that at some point, they were above average :cry:

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Hajajajajjajajajajajjahaja “oh you’re the admin...” hahahhahahahahhahaha

On 2.1.2018 at 5:05 PM, killuridols said:

Never read his book but maybe when I have time I get it and read it :shrugs:..... Just like with GN'R, one has hopes that these guys learned something from it and evolved and changed their ways. I really dont know much about Nikki so I guess in this case IGNORANCE IS BLISS :lol:.... all I know is that he had 3 major women in his life and has many children. One of them, a daugther, does not want to use his last name or something and doesnt want to do anything with him so.... that sucks

The youngest one? I came across her Instagram once and noticed she goes by one of her middle names nowadays instead of her actual first name (which is a "feminized" version of Nikki Sixx's real first name) that she used to be called. I remember reading somewhere that Nikki treated her mother and her brother absolutely horribly, so she probably has her reasons for not wanting to be named after him anymore.

And all of that happened not too long ago, so I can't delude myself into thinking that the guy is probably a better person now the same way one can do with the guys in GNR if necessary. Most likely he's  still an indredible douchebag.

On 2.1.2018 at 5:05 PM, Tori72 said:

I am a little scared of biographies like this. Addictions really depress me. GnR and Nikki Sixx and those people are exceptional examples of severe addicts who miraculously all survived and also did not die of later ruin of organs. So, I don't dare reading those things. It also makes me severely panicky regarding my kids. When I hear that Izzy's mum is so cool and great and likeable my blood freezes in my vains. How can a mum like that not like built up more strength in her kid? Not saying it is all due to mothers/parents but ugh ... Scary shit to me.

How do we know Izzy's mom is so cool and great? She does seem nice in the couple of stories I've heard about her (letting Izzy and Axl make noise in her garage, buying Axl a Christmas present), but all in all I hardly know anything about her. Did I miss something in the Izzy thread or...?

But yeah, even kids raised by nice, loving parents can struggle with internal demons or mental health issues (or just plain youthful naivity/stupidity) that lead them to drugs. Scary indeed.

7 hours ago, Mararoyce said:

I'll check that interview out, thanks!

I agree, I like the clarity with which they speak. Have you read Nicki's book? I'm  debating reading it.

Currently reading/listening to it at the moment...it’s worth a go. The audibook is read by Nikki and two others and to hear him tell his own stories is emotional.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fang said:

BTW hope everyone enjoys 2018! 

I already have three dental appointments lined up for 2018: Refilling two broken cavity fillings, a teeth cleaning, and a root canal. Waiting on the last one because insurance has to approve it first before it gets scheduled.

My 2018 is really shaping up so far. 

8 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Ha! I'm a total Slash convert.  He's sexy as hell to me these days.  Wooooo!  Also, someone on here said something about happiness being a magnet, I forget who it was, and I couldn't agree more.  He's got some magnetism going on there. :drool:

Duff is starting to lose my interest and Izzy....well he's interesting because we don't know what's going on with him except for the deleted tweets and YouTube posts. My soft spot for Izzy is going to take over and no more Duff love.

And sorry Duff but punks who kinda sold out don't hold have a lot of respect from me. I prefer Fat Mike of NOFX over Duff these days because he posts interesting videos and is still punk rock.

Edited by purplestargirl

I just checked Ashba's IG out, does anyone else think he looks very feminine? It's the first time I've ever seen him without his hat on & I have to say he needs to keep that Slash-wanna be-top hat round about his ears because he looks much better with it on! And the plucked eyebrows and eyeliner, I'd really like to see what he looked like without all the muck.

What's with all these rockers trying to make themselves look like aliens! 

Edited by Mararoyce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Lumikki said:

The youngest one? I came across her Instagram once and noticed she goes by one of her middle names nowadays instead of her actual first name (which is a "feminized" version of Nikki Sixx's real first name) that she used to be called. I remember reading somewhere that Nikki treated her mother and her brother absolutely horribly, so she probably has her reasons for not wanting to be named after him anymore.

And all of that happened not too long ago, so I can't delude myself into thinking that the guy is probably a better person now the same way one can do with the guys in GNR if necessary. Most likely he's  still an indredible douchebag.

Umm, I guess not. The one you say that has a similar name to him is the daughter of Donna D'errico and I think they have a good relationship.

The one I say, it is an older girl that was supposedly his daughter, but no one is really sure of that. I think she said she isn't his daughter. It's a rumor.

I don't know if he's a douchebag or not. Probably he is in the same level of douchbaggery than all the GN'R members. And I'm not trying to delude myself with that but I really don't know much about the guy and I don't have time to go investigating him, so that I can be certain in hating him or not.

It looks to me that he shares the same kind of childhood issues that Axl suffered when he was a kid. Plus, Nikki being a terrible drugaddict.

He sounds sensitive in this interview: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/aug/07/nikki-sixx-motley-crue-my-family-values

All in all, I have no idea what he's done to the women in his life.......... I have no doubts he's been an asshole to all of them. Just like Axl. Just like Slash.

Not sure what I am supposed to do about that, though :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don`t want to go back across the book and I don`t have this underlined, so long story short and not so precise: Nikki was a son of a woman, who was outstandingly smart and talented compared to her sisters; she also tended to get into troubles fast since teenage, changing partners, probably drug/pills addict at least for some time. His father was either living with them and abandoned them really soon or does not appear. Nikki spent much time with his grandparents during childhood, sometimes they saved him from mother who was unable or unwilling to care about him properly to some rural american place; death of his grandmother hit young Nikki devastatingly. He got his mother`s outstanding smartness, sensitivity, and musical talent. And the big, black, painful emptiness inside which he wanted to fill with drugs. He started to use when he found out that heroin from a friend does not help only with shoulder pain after accident, but it`s a huge, warm blanket he can hide under.

Even in his darkest hours he has some bright moments. But until I meet him or deal with him personally, I enjoy him as a kind of book character.

Edited by Alja

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

@killuridols Thanks for the link to the Nikki interview.  Really interesting.  I've been reading up on him a bit lately and have ordered his book.  

You're welcome !:smiley-confused2:

All this talk about his book has made me want to read it but I have a pile of literature from my Master's degree course still waiting to be read and analyzed :facepalm: so I'll have to wait for that to get out of my way <_<

Also, I don't think they sell that book in Argentina. Maybe I will have to get an online version.......

That interview seems pretty informative and gives a quick glimpse of where he's coming from. It really broke my heart when he describes how he remembers his mom abandoning him :unsure:

Those are the kind of things a child never forgets and they mark you for life.

It is all so sad..........

Speaking of personal trauma, hadn't come across this particular interview (extract from an interview) with Axl before, though I'm sure many of you ladies here already have.  Thought I'd share it for those of us who haven't.  So glad he's learned how to let go of that anger.  

Sorry it's not embedded .  You just have to click on 'more'...

https://www.instagram.com/slashputacondomonabottle/

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Speaking of personal trauma, hadn't come across this particular interview (extract from an interview) with Axl before, though I'm sure many of you ladies here already have.  Thought I'd share it for those of us who haven't.  So glad he's learned how to let go of that anger.  

I cant see it. I only see instagram profile with photos?

12 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

That's one of his most famous interviews from the 90's.

I'm a sucker for it. I remember when it came out and I had to devour it. Too bad I never got the magazine, only a transcript of it. Now it is my goal to find that mag.

Here's a link to the whole interview:

GUNS-N-ROSES-Musician-June-1992-Axl-Rose

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2649-1992-06-dd-musician-shadow-boxing-with-axl-rose

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That's one of his most famous interviews from the 90's.

I'm a sucker for it. I remember when it came out and I had to devour it. Too bad I never got the magazine, only a transcript of it. Now it is my goal to find that mag.

Here's a link to the whole interview:

GUNS-N-ROSES-Musician-June-1992-Axl-Rose

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2649-1992-06-dd-musician-shadow-boxing-with-axl-rose

I found that magazine. More than happy to send it to you

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

YEESSSSSSS!!! Go Guns! GET IN THERE YOU LITTLE BEAUTIES!! :headbang:  Sorry, got over-excited...it's an Aussie thing...:lol:

Just now, Gabrielaerojas said:

I got excited as well. Quoting @Alja : “squirrel on coke” excited 

What are you excited about? Did I miss something? :ph34r:

• Haha 1