GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

44 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So, all of you seem to be either extremely happy or completely indifferent about GNR's massive success. Am I the only one who thinks it's actually terrible news? Obviously I don't mean I'd like these stooges to fail but ever since Axl took complete control of the band, GNR has been doing pretty much all the opposite of what the fans could want/hope for. There's been ONE album in two decades and basically the same show between 2001 and 2014, then they half assed the reunion and the show remained pretty much the same, just now with God (and the businessman) back in the band. With this level of success, there's no reason for them to do anything differently, so new music, interviews or getting the real band back together depend of their good will.

I mean, Axl didn't call Slash until almost destroying the GNR brand (turned a stadium band into an embarrasing Las Vegas act) when he didn't seem to have much of a choice anymore. When GNR (or should I say Axl?) have choices, they tend to make the worst ones and right now they can do whatever the fuck they want :nervous:

Anyway, I wanna hug @Blackstar for despising Bono! :lol: And about Coldplay, they're the worst band I've ever heard hands down. Are they really supposed to be fun or entertaining? Because they don't do any of that to me, they depress me so bad I feel like slitting my fn' wrists whenever one of their songs come up :vomit:

Wow...tell us how you really feel.

And on another note, with us fans this band can’t win for losing 🤦🏾‍♀️

4 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Czech press says the tour is 6th in history. :unsure: But Czech press also says that Axl and Slash are talking only via lawyers and that Duff is still on drugs. :lol:

At least the GNR concert was the most successful in my country last year. :headbang:

Well judging from Slash's recent interview with Nikki, pretty sure the whole lawyer communication isn't true. As for Duff, maybe people won't think he's on drugs if that blue pill bottle he carries around would be put away. I highly doubt he relapsed on drugs anyways.

• Like 1

Look at that. Behind the scenes of "Welcome to the Jungle" video. I've never seen this. From katyani tumblr.

tumblr_oh36ccQkOU1vkt6tqo1_500.jpg

27 minutes ago, Padme said:

Hey Axl love the new album. It's amazing!  I'm so happy Izzy and Adler are back. I really enjoyed the very informative interview you just did with Eddie Trunk last week. Happy new year to you too :rolleyes:

Hello visitor from the parallel universe! Won't you please take me home!!!

6 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What do you mean? It was Izzy who played the dealer. lol. I wished we could see their faces better.

That's why I said Izzy surprises me because it doesn't look like Izzy...should have been more specific in my answer to that. I know he's the dealer.

Edited by purplestargirl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

What do you mean? It was Izzy who played the dealer. lol. I wished we could see their faces better.

Where did that information come from? I never heard of this and that doesn't look like Izzy. Plus it doesn't make sense. :question:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Where did that information come from? I never heard of this and that doesn't look like Izzy. Plus it doesn't make sense. :question:

I read it somewhere. Sorry, forgot where. It looks like Izzy with greased back hair to me. 

EDIT: it says so on German Wikipedia on the song

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_Jungle_(Lied)

Edited by Tori72

Just now, Tori72 said:

I read it somewhere. Sorry, forgot where. It looks like Izzy with greased back hair to me. 

It doesn't look like him to me and it doesn't make sense either.... Why would he play a different character than himself in the video? When all the rest are themselves? :question:

Besides Izzy hates videos, I don't think he would bother playing a character.

Also, that person looks older than all of them.

Just now, Tori72 said:

It doesn't look like him to me and it doesn't make sense either.... Why would he play a different character than himself in the video? When all the rest are themselves? :question:

Besides Izzy hates videos, I don't think he would bother playing a character.

Also, that person looks older than all of them.

22 minutes ago, killuridols said:

And there's no role for Duff and Steven? :question:

hmm...

True, all that is weird. I've read it on several places. Maybe @Blackstar knows something? :lol:

EDIT

Ah, @killuridols found it on american wiki as well.

Music video[edit]

Geffen Records was having a hard time selling the video to MTV. David Geffen made a deal with the network, and the video was aired only one time around 5:00AM on a Sunday morning.[18] As soon as the video was aired, the networks received numerous calls from people wanting to see the video again.

In spite of the early morning airtime, the song's music video caught viewers' attention and quickly became MTV's most requested video. The video in question begins with a shot of Axl Rose disembarking a bus in Los Angeles and a drug dealer (portrayed by Izzy) is seen trying to sell his merchandise while Rose rejects it. As Rose stops to watch a television through a store window, clips of the band playing live can be seen and Slash can also be seen briefly, sitting against the store's wall and drinking from a clear glass bottle in a brown paper bag. By the end of the video Rose has transformed into a city punk, wearing the appropriate clothing, after going through a process similar to the Ludovico technique.

During an interview with Rolling Stone magazine about the music video, Guns N' Roses' manager at the time, Alan Niven, said that he "came up with the idea of stealing from three movies: Midnight Cowboy, The Man Who Fell to Earth and A Clockwork Orange."[19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_Jungle

Izzy-Stradlin-in-the-Welcome-To-The-Jung

Here you can see it's Izzy.

From this article: http://www.rockandrollgps.com/guns-n-roses-welcome-to-the-jungle-video-location/

It does raise some questions why Izzy was willing to play a part in the videos and in others not so much. I think he was much more into becoming a rockstar than being one. lol He lost his appetite in playing parts in videos, sadly. He's got talent, haha. Probably method acting. :lol:

Edited by Tori72

Just now, annabanana said:

Maybe when he sobered up, he lost interest? 

Yeah maybe. Sweet child was only second video and Paradise City was background footage back stage, in caravans, on stage. So no added hassle for him. In Patience he only played the guitar and was already completely wasted. Was it in Whacky Thread where we shared that article of Alan Niven and someone else who said how high Izzy was on cocaine and that they decided to cut his part down and only show him playing guitar.

What was 4th video? Already don't cry? I forgot.

Thank you @Tori72!

Unfortunately, I don't find any of the sites you linked pretty reliable or verified sources for me to actually get convinced about this.

It seems like a case of "post-truth" and I'm having a hard time believing that is Izzy because I don't even see the similarities of Izzy with that guy :shrugs: and for the other reasons I mentioned before, it seems odd he would be willing to play such role in the video.

Izzy's participation in GN'R videos was always minimal and reduced to him just playing the guitar or being there, like a plant, lol........

37 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What was 4th video? Already don't cry? I forgot.

No, the last video he was on was 'You Could Be Mine' and he doesn't even appear in the last scene when the Terminator is scanning their faces so... :shrugs:

That's a tough one. I KINDA see Izzy in that shot. I watched a clip & the drug dealer is approx 4 inches taller than Axl, :ph34r:

I don't think we've ever seen Izzy's hair slicked back, it's been mostly hair in his face with a hat or bandana, but there is def similarities in facial features. 

• Like 1